Sign in to follow this  
sbclark

IndiaFoxTecho Goshawk T-45 Issue

This may not be the correct forum, but I am finding that this T-45 jet, when started in 2D (Monitor Mode), shuts down the engines when I enable VR.

It fly's fine in 2D mode, but not in VR.

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix?

I am not sure where the IndiaFoxTecho developers forums are located as I purchased from Orbx.

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

I don't have VR but I have had this problem when I just go back to the main menu for this a/c, and others. My hypothesis is that it seems like the sim forgets what the position of the mixture control is and defaults to zero. So when you exit the menu back to the sim, the engines shut down! Usually quickly wiggling the mixture axis on my controls can manage to get the engine to restart before it fully goes out.

Quantumpion,

Thanks for your response!

I will take a look at the engine controls of the jet, but jets do not have mixture controls, unless the controls coding got mixed up in this latest patch?

Bill Clark

Bill 

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

14 hours ago, sbclark said:

Quantumpion,

Thanks for your response!

I will take a look at the engine controls of the jet, but jets do not have mixture controls, unless the controls coding got mixed up in this latest patch?

Bill Clark

Bill 

The mixture axis seems to affect when the throttle is in the bottom detent for fuel-cutoff, so 0 mixture = cutoff, anything else = normal. At least this is the case for the MB-339 which does have a throttle position for fuel-cutoff. The manual for the T-45 indicates that the throttle -should- have detents for fuel cutoff and engine start but they do not seem to be modeled. Nonetheless, having the mixture axis at 0 seems to set fuel-cutoff.

Edited by quantumpion

Quantumpion,

I setup my mixture as an axis. I had the mixture number 1 & 2 set for 0-100%. Rotating the knob to a certain position will kill the engine

Axis mixture 3 & 4 not setup.

What seems to work is have to re-start the engine using CTL+E.

I never had this problem until the update!

Bill Clark 

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

The idiosyncrasies of MSFS(or any flight sim for that matter). I have the T45 and fly it with a reverb G2. I have had no problems. I flew it yesterday. I won't even hazard a guess, as to what the issue is. I will just quote a former President, "I feel your pain."

Good luck in solving the problem.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset