Sign in to follow this  
planenut

PA28 Arrow III CTD

After updating the PA28 Arrow (v.0.4.0) I'm getting a CTD immediately after the New Activities screen.  I've had the plane since it was released and installed the two previous updates and all has worked ok.   If I uninstall the plane from my system all is good.  I even updated to the latest RTX 2080 Super driver with no joy.  Really lost on this one and could use some help.  Thanks.

Jim 

Just now, planenut said:

After updating the PA28 Arrow (v.0.4.0) I'm getting a CTD immediately after the New Activities screen.  I've had the plane since it was released and installed the two previous updates and all has worked ok.   If I uninstall the plane from my system all is good.  I even updated to the latest RTX 2080 Super driver with no joy.  Really lost on this one and could use some help.  Thanks.

Jim 

If you run the installer again, it will give you the option for "repair".  Give that a try. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Did as you suggested.  I got as far as the hanger and selected the plane but had CTD when I went to the world map to fly.  In troubleshooting previously I even uninstalled the plane and started over with the original release and no updates.  Still got CTD.

Jim

150H logged, never had a CTD before in MSFS.   After the Arrow update i had 2 last night.  One on loading into the airport, one in flight. (did a install repair after the first CDT..still crashed again) This was a clean install of  V0.4.0.   I did have several flights that were fine as well.  Will see what happens today.

11 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

BTW, I think my version was 0.4.0a. Look if there is a new installer on JustFlight store. Maybe it has something to do with that.

Aha!  I only got the email about 0.4.0 as far as i know.  Thanks for the tip!  Lets see how this goes...

3 minutes ago, The_Moose said:

Aha!  I only got the email about 0.4.0 as far as i know.  Thanks for the tip!  Lets see how this goes...

I just looked at the JF site now and the download is 4.0a.  Now I am wondering if I should uninstall what I installed yesterday and install this "a" version? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, hangar said:

Geez, I never even received an update alert email from anyone (purchased from JF website).

Maybe your spam filter caught it.

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I just looked at the JF site now and the download is 4.0a.  Now I am wondering if I should uninstall what I installed yesterday and install this "a" version? 

I've updated it.  So far, so good after a couple of flights.  Not sure what changed between 4.0 and 4.0a as there's no patch notes that i can find.

• Like 1

After troubleshooting my problem, with no success, I decided to delete, download and reinstall another of my payware planes.   I chose to try the Aerosoft CRJ which has been operating flawlessly.  After reinstalling I am having the same problem as the JF P28 Arrow.  Getting a CTD with it.  So I guess it's not a problem with just the Arrow.  Never had any CTD''s prior to the latest update.  Any more ideas?   I'm lost on this one.

Jim

I got m y first CTD with the Arrow tonight, I think I have the 4.0 version also, I will try the newer 4.0a.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |