Sign in to follow this  
BigT65

What Does MSFS Want Me To Do?

Tonight when I started up the sim to practice landing the Spitfire I got this message.

RELEASE NOTES 1.15.7.0

Some packages in your community folder may not have been updated and as a result, may have an unexpected impact on the title's performance and behavior. Please move your community packages to another folder before relaunching the title if you suffer from stability or long loading times.

I currently have my community folder on my E: drive where I also have MSFS located. The community folder is here E:/MSFS PACKAGES. The main MSFS program is also on the E: drive. The E: drive is a 1TB NVMe SSD. When I first installed the sim I was installed on my C drive which is a 500GB SSD and was running out of space so I reinstalled it on the E: drive and moved my community folder to the E: drive also. Why does it want me to move it again? and to where?

Edited by BigT65
Corrections

i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S., Altec Surround Sound System.

Those are simply the release notes for the latest update. (Did you actually update?) The tip about the Community folder gets people confused, when really all they are saying is if you are having issues after the update, try emptying your Community folder and see if it helps, then you'd add back your addon one at a time to see which is causing the issue. What it doesn't mean is that everyone should empty their community folder before any update, which is the most common advice given on forums. 

Is it possible to stop an update once it starts downloading? This thing wants to download and install 171.83GB

i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S., Altec Surround Sound System.

4 hours ago, BigT65 said:

Is it possible to stop an update once it starts downloading? This thing wants to download and install 171.83GB

i dont think so, sadly you done something wrong in their ridiculous updating system, and so you need to download it all again.

6 hours ago, BigT65 said:

the in game update is 17.1GB are you sure you're not reading it wrong?

1 hour ago, CombatCustard said:

the in game update is 17.1GB are you sure you're not reading it wrong?

He is getting extra secret content .... 🙂

• Like 1

It is true the update is "only" 17.1 GB but I got tired of getting the message saying that I needed to move my Community folder so I did. The reason it went to 172 GB is because it also downloaded everything in the Official folder too. It took all night but the problems I was having with that message about moving the Community folder and the Packages Out Of Date message and message about my bandwidth not being sufficient to stream scenery and the data switch turning off are all now apparently fixed. I have flown about 4 hours with 3 different planes in various parts of the world and haven't seen any of those troublesome messages.🙂