Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

TrueSky changes in 5.2 (issues?)

8 hours ago, mpo910 said:

4) With view moving horizontal shadow line at OC conditions (reported many times, still in there. Huge complainfactor)

Against the Sun model becomes transparent too, is this the same?

1CiyK2O.gif

Was it reported too?

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

ASP3D should be able to that but sometimes you will see only 1 layer.

We have EA since august and it’s time to get an improved one. This is taking too long ...

EA is parked here since it doesn't depict clouds via ASP (HiFi) and WX radar as it should be, so I agree it need a lot of work and time to mature...

André

Cirrus clouds and high level clouds. Less dark shadows on the sea

• Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

2 hours ago, mpo910 said:

The silence of HiFi must not be bad per definition. That's how I see it.

I am not talking about HiFiSimtech. I am talking about LM...

They have to work within the limitations that the current EA has.

I have to say with that the current AS beta that I have I did not see the supersonic clouds yet. 
When updating I can see then morphing but no concorde clouds ....

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

42 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Cirrus clouds and high level clouds. Less dark shadows on the sea

A well known issue yes

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

On 4/16/2021 at 6:15 AM, mpo910 said:

Hi Yoyo. 

I already covered reported issues and whishes here and in LM forum to generate consolidated input for the LM devs. 

Round about 15 to 20topics in total and prioritized a little bit related in how many users reported the same topics 

But if course everyone should feel free to report them here and LM public forum 

Just to inform you what I already did...

Here are the some of them. There are more reported by me at LM

1) Red/Orange sky at dawn and dusk and even more heavy with foggy conditions (I think the number 1 complain at the moment)

2) Less grid pattern OR less repetitive clouds (Big complain from many users with point 1 together)

3) Less pixelated looking clouds

4) With view moving horizontal shadow line at OC conditions (reported many times, still in there. Huge complainfactor)

5) Heaving strong sunlight below thicker OC cloud conditions (especially when you are in the cockpit)

6) At dawn and dusk sun shine below cloud layer as the layer raises way to high up to the horizon

7) Delayed cloud ground shadows updating (stepwise instead of smooth). This counts also for the sunlight beaming at the clouds themselves...

😎 Fast moving clouds when changed weather is injected (big complain also)

9) Too strong moonlight at night. At least the ground and clouds do get to much lighten up from the moonlight (many users find this very annoying)

10) Better opportunities to inject different cloud models from each type! Smooth injections and transitions 

Additionally reported

No fog at night

PBR issues

Precipitation hardly visible

Thunderstorm clouds missing

Lightning missing

Building through fog and clouds

Flat cloud layer instead of matching earth shape

Scattering issues and configuration by user requested

Even more

Of course with good performance and better Vram management in mind!

And to be clear. We have no idea what LM does with these and IF they get solved or enhanced. But I requested them via several channels also via public channel

Also other devs are suggesting things mostly all already covered as per list above.

Lets just cross fingers LM to listen to us.

I've put hours effort in this. And this was only possible because users expressed themselves here and at LM public forum.

Let's see if this works. If yes....I will try to manage future requests likewise. 

BUT user should always make themselves clear over at LM public what they would like to see. It's very important and you YOYO saw how willing LM is to help you out. So they do listen to us if reported properly and respectful. 

Marcus

Does the new P3D v5 REX Skyforce fix or help any of this?

3 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

Does the new P3D v5 REX Skyforce fix or help any of this?

No. Not a single point. Rex does change the the non ea mode

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

15 minutes ago, simbol said:

My TrueSky has no clouds now! HDR is on.. what can I do?

Go outside and take the deep breath. This it the best what you can do do the young padawan! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

57 minutes ago, simbol said:

My TrueSky has no clouds now! HDR is on.. what can I do?

M9niIuR.jpg

What are you moaning about?!? It's accurate then isn't it? 🤣🤣🤣

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

9 minutes ago, simbol said:

It is missing the clouds.. Read my post duh! 😂

I almost p...in my pants......😂Turn EA off.......it's what you have to do to see rain and clouds again

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

On 4/16/2021 at 8:30 PM, YoYo said:

Against the Sun model becomes transparent too, is this the same?

1CiyK2O.gif

Was it reported too?

Yes YoYo......we call it ShadowLine...it's coupled somehow to the view.....and only in cloudy conditions. 

It's part of the climaChange on earth.....against the future heat....LM is always a step ahead you know...😅

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

On 4/16/2021 at 12:15 PM, mpo910 said:

Round about

Even before I looked at your location, you just gave yourself away to be a fellow german.

That is denglish. You need to say "approximately" or "roughly". Round about is "Kreisverkehr". 😉

5 hours ago, Farlis said:

Even before I looked at your location, you just gave yourself away to be a fellow german.

That is denglish. You need to say "approximately" or "roughly". Round about is "Kreisverkehr". 😉

Entschuldigung, aber Sie können «round about» hier nutzen!

Roundabout (one word) is "Kreisverkehr" or a circular intersection of roads. Round about (two words) has a similar meaning to 'approximately' or 'roughly' in this context, when preceding an numerical value.  Although, I would have used either of your two suggested words in the original sentence, using 'round about' in the middle of a sentence - e.g. There must have been round about a hundred people there / I'll come pick you up round about nine o'clock.  [/Lesson] 😁

Anyway, trueSKY needs some work. Am glad to see others raising points with LM, so that we have a much improved implementation of it in v5.2 (hopefully).

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter