Sign in to follow this  
Seven7

Cpu temp.. question

Since the last update, the temperature of my cpu is, in the sim, around 75 to 85 Celsius. It put my cpu at risk?

It's a Intel i9

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

85  isn't going to break your CPU...  a constant 100+ will though.   85 does seem hot though, have a look at your cooling solution.

Edited by The_Moose
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Okay, thankies for the answers. About the cooling solutin, well the computer is pretty new (1 month old).

2 minutes ago, White Panther said:

Okay, thankies for the answers. About the cooling solutin, well the computer is pretty new (1 month old).

What cooler does it have?   If its a pre-built machine they often come with extremely inadequate fans.

The computer is a Omen 30L (HP). The cooler looks ok, it runs fine and not noisy. Wich cooler it is, i've no idea 🙂

What are you using to measure your CPU Temp. I found out when I was using Task Manager to read GPU temps, that the reading was inaccurate and very high. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

23 minutes ago, White Panther said:

You likely need an aftermarket CPU cooler installed (if you dont already have one).  The stock CPU coolers that come with the Intel CPU's are not good enough, typically. That's too hot, IMO, even for spikes. If those temps are nearly constant then your cpu may underclock to protect itself, thereby degrading your gaming performance.

If you already have an aftermarket CPU cooler installed then I'd go as far as to say that it may not have been seated properly upon the CPU and should probably be inspected and reseated again. If you do NOT have one yet, then get one properly installed.

Temps should be in the 50's and 60's while gaming...not 80's, although it DOES also depend upon the ambient temps in the room.

Edited by hangar
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Keep in mind that the i9 is a hot engine in general. If possible you should go for a good liquid cooling here.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Bob, for reading the temp cpu, I look at the HP Omen command center. I seen at reddit's thread that it's not the best way for. I seen also that some others owners of the 30 L have this "problem" and it looks not so easy to put another fan.

75 to 85 Celsius is a bit high indeed, my cpu never goes over 70c, maybe you should look over your cooling and airflow solutions in your PC Case.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I have changed my power settings to 99% from 100 in Power profiles. That way it never overclocks itself, etc... Now my CPU temps never really get above 75 at the HIGHEST. And if they get up to that, I activate the fans to go into the full cooling mode for 2 minutes, and I am back in the 60s... My rule of thumb is I don't ever want to see anything above 72 degrees. I have an i7 10th gen processor. 

• Upvote 1

My specs are in sig below, I just did a MSFS stress test cpu 19 the one that does all the work max temp 52, 10900 with HT on and over clocked need good powefull cooling.

Also GPU temp is not the main thing to look at its GPU mem temp.

HT turned off will lower temps.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Download one of the latest freeware CPU stress tests (I forget what its called)...anyway...if your cpu temps shoot right up shortly after the test begins (less than 30 seconds)...then your cpu heat sink is likely not seated well and needs to be removed, cleaned well and a new dab of thermal paste applied and then reseated.

If the temps rise slowly over time then you likely need an improved cooling heatsink/fan...or there's an issue with the airflow in the case. You can also test with leaving the side door off and see if that helps the temps alot or not...if it doesnt help or it only helps a tiny bit then its not an airflow issue...so back to testing to see if its the heatsink seating issue or just a lousy heatsink/fan.

Edited by hangar