Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

Request for SYSTEM MENU SLIDER precision- FS POLL solicited

Only being able to use the mouse, leads to imprecision when adjusting sliders SYSTEM WIDE in MSFS. 

I have started a Zendesk Request (Request #102416 MENU SLIDER PRECISION) however, as I do not have trust level 3 I am unable to start a poll.  The request is as follows-

"Could we PLEASE add mouse wheel and +/- support to EVERY menu slider, so that setting PRECISELY is not a futile exercise? Thanks"

Hopefully someone from Asobo is reading this.  If there is a like minded individual here with TL3... please start a poll for upvotes, I will certainly add mine.

@kaosfere @cwburnett @MattNischan perhaps this is something you could advocate, should you see merit in the idea?

Ta!

C

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I agree with you, it is even more difficult to grab the small dot in VR, especially when the UI refresh rate is overall dependent on the game refresh rate, like when you change a setting and the fps go down to 5 fps. Try moving and grabbing something with the mouse which is itself moving at 5 fps and the input system detecting the mouse clicks is also polling the buttons at 5 fps...

I've posted this for the same reasons a while back:

[BUG/FEATURE REQUEST] Add support for mouse wheel to change the UI settings sliders - Virtual Reality (VR) / VR Wishlist - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

And while at it:

[BUG/FEATURE] Let users adjusting the Render Scale setting by increments of 5 or 1 (instead of 10) - Virtual Reality (VR) / VR Wishlist - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I'll agree with this one too,  can be very challenging trying to find the hitbox with the mouse at times. 

I'd probably recommend leaving the working title guys out of this though,  I'm sure they've got more than enough on their plates without being pulled into all of our requests for bug fixes and feature requests just because they have a foot in both camps so to speak and are easier to directly contact. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mccracken said:

I'd probably recommend leaving the working title guys out of this though, 

I agree, the WT guys are not the errand boys for every pet peeve someone comes up with, or some annoyance someone wants to get fixed. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mccracken said:

I'll agree with this one too,  can be very challenging trying to find the hitbox with the mouse at times. 

I'd probably recommend leaving the working title guys out of this though,  I'm sure they've got more than enough on their plates without being pulled into all of our requests for bug fixes and feature requests just because they have a foot in both camps so to speak and are easier to directly contact. 

A fair point... Ta. Sometimes one fails to see the first for the trees. Hopefully this will get the attention it needs eventually. This sim is a great patience teacher.

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Maybe adjust a sensitivity option on your mouse.  Works wonders on my track-ball.

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

1 hour ago, bean_sprout said:

Maybe adjust a sensitivity option on your mouse.  Works wonders on my track-ball.

I don't know if this is a track-ball specific advantage, but when using a mouse with FS2020, the mouse resolution depends on the FS2020 window resolution, not the screen resolution.

This makes it really cumbersome when you're using a 1K window on the monitor to save estate and/or perf (some are reporting this is helping them) while at the same time you're using the mouse in the VR headset. When in this situation, a very small mouse movement can still lead to large in-HMD mouse cursor movement.

If you add on top of that CoherentGT UI system freezing when moving a slider dot in VR and making sure you'll always overshoot the target...

Edited by RXP

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

7 hours ago, RXP said:

I agree with you, it is even more difficult to grab the small dot in VR, especially when the UI refresh rate is overall dependent on the game refresh rate, like when you change a setting and the fps go down to 5 fps. Try moving and grabbing something with the mouse which is itself moving at 5 fps and the input system detecting the mouse clicks is also polling the buttons at 5 fps...

I've posted this for the same reasons a while back:

[BUG/FEATURE REQUEST] Add support for mouse wheel to change the UI settings sliders - Virtual Reality (VR) / VR Wishlist - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

And while at it:

[BUG/FEATURE] Let users adjusting the Render Scale setting by increments of 5 or 1 (instead of 10) - Virtual Reality (VR) / VR Wishlist - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

The Vote icon is up on top on the left to upvote these requests....

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

15 hours ago, Fielder said:

The Vote icon is up on top on the left to upvote these requests....

This I know! I'm the OP 😉

Jean-Luc-

Voted for both, thanks.  It is such a basic issue I hope others consider adding their voice.  

C

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper