Sign in to follow this  
EmaRacing

5 fps zone near Millau. Paris center, 4 fps

They still didn't fix the low fps zones, I got 4 fps above Paris, well maybe it's because it's an urban area, even if London is fine for my system.
I try near the Millau Viaduct, high fps over the bridge, follow the road south 1nm, enter a 5 fps zone, do a 180 turn, back into a normal area, 180 back into the 5 fps.
These are very well delineated patches of performance death, how is it that they still didn't find a solution?

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

Which version are you running of FS2020?. Maybe you are with the PowerPoint FS2020 version.

• Like 3

Have you updated all the packages in the content manager and deleted the rolling cache file?

These steps are supposed to help I heard.

Charles De Gualle (LFPG) Paris area has been problematic with performance in every sim for me🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I don't get it. I started LFPG (deGaulle) and flew way down real low over over Notre Dame, the Louvre, Arch de Triumpe, and then straight through a natural alleyway I saw from the arch thru the tallest skyscrapers in the distance (e.g. the Defense Arch). I was lower than the skyscraper tops, almost felt like could reach out and touch them on either side. Smooth as glass 30fps. One of the most scenic flights ever in a flight sim.

2060 Super gpu, 16 GB RAM, Ryzen 3600 cpu. All Graphics set to Ultra except Render Scaling at 100 to match the monitor exactly instead of 200. Definitely a low end computer. But it was a low res 2K monitor 1920x1080 which helped fps.

No problem at all with Asobo/France so far. Love it!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

By the way I had autopilot completely off, because things were jumpy jumpy stutter stutter with it on. And my Nvidia video display driver is from September 2020. The newer drivers got bad reviews for MSFS. Anyway Paris is the same as San Francisco or New York on my system, so far. Smooth, no stutters, fps is fine.

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I confirm ultra low low when I fly over Paris! I wanted to test a disaster yesterday! I flew with the DR400! Following the update to Orly with the FBW 320 I had a consequent loss of fluidity! Ultra / High parameters I had to switch to High / Medium !! Very frustrating because before the update! I had FS with the best fluidity since its release! Back to box 0 until mid June! And also on the ground at each airport, wherever I go, I lost my fluidity

• Like 1

My first run over Paris after WU4 was a 10 fps experience. I delete and recreate my rolling cache and fluidity got back. Just my experience.

Edited by vbazillio
  • Like 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

2 hours ago, vbazillio said:

My first run over Paris after WU4 was a 10 fps experience. I delete and recreate my rolling cache and fluidity got back. Just my experience.

I unfortunately do not have the rolling cache activated. But I will try to activate it to see if it is better if it is not the case to delete it and start again to test because indeed Paris is too jerky!

16 hours ago, EmaRacing said:

They still didn't fix the low fps zones, I got 4 fps above Paris, well maybe it's because it's an urban area, even if London is fine for my system.
I try near the Millau Viaduct, high fps over the bridge, follow the road south 1nm, enter a 5 fps zone, do a 180 turn, back into a normal area, 180 back into the 5 fps.
These are very well delineated patches of performance death, how is it that they still didn't find a solution?

I flew  he Xcub from Millau to the viaduct (why a duck ?) then a little south and then to Belmont. Nothing abnormal to report. There are a couple of wretched wind turbines that may cause you grief ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I don’t know about it being just France, except from my limited experience  - Nice and the Alps were OK in my modded DA62 the other day, as was Normandy LFRF- LFRC in the PA28.

what I have found since the update is in other adjacent European areas performance has tanked. Eg Bolzano in Italy to Innsbruck LOWI in TBM950 + WT G3000. Used to get 30+ FPS aloft, now at best 18-20 with same settings and latest nVidia driver.

so not sure it’s just certain areas or something bigger going on. PNG was strangely slow and stutters over the mountains near AYPY since the update...

Ray

15 hours ago, peloto said:

Which version are you running of FS2020?. Maybe you are with the PowerPoint FS2020 version.

Excellent!

• Upvote 1

Patrice Dubois

I tried with the cache.

I have more fluidity in Paris but I think that if I delete it it is the same.

It's very random I don't think the cache changes anything a while ago when flying over Paris I went from 30fps to 18fps ... and on some at airport unfortunately some are less fluid than before ...

7 minutes ago, Axis3600 said:

It's very random I don't think the cache changes anything a while ago when flying over Paris I went from 30fps to 18fps ... and on some at airport unfortunately some are less fluid than before ...

My point regarding the cache wasn't that it will improve because you set it ON but because maybe after the update of the last 13rd April (1.15.7) the cache needed to be reseted.

Second, and sorry to ask but it's not clear in my mind. Paris area has been released as a photogrammetric area with the World Update #4 which has a huge impact on performance compared to the previous autogen/generic mode.

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio