Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

Where Do I Go To Download the FSX Steam Edition?

Microsoft does not seem to have a website to purchase and download the FSX Steam Edition. Where do I go to download it? I'm not sure how it comes but I do not want the basic standard version. I want the Gold or Deluxe.

Ken.

Edited by kmanning

It looks like I need to create an account at the Steam Store, but there is NO button that allows me to create an account. It seems like every time I turn around, companies are making it harder and harder and harder and harder to get things done in a reasonable time, and they do not explain the changes. They just do it with no explanations. Where do I go, or how do I create an account at the Steam Store?

Ken.

Steam is ridiculously simple to setup and super robust, there's a reason why it's by far the largest pc gaming distribution site. 

• Like 2

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Well, I have the FSX SE installed from the Steam Store, but I do not like that fact that I have to be logged on in order to run FSX. I don't like it at all and I'm not satisfied with how it works. What happens if the internet goes down? I wouldn't be able to run the simulator simply because I'm not logged in to their store. I simply just want the FSX SE simulator without all of the other word not allowed that required in order to run it, and I don't like that fact that I have to sign in, or login on to some entity in order to run it. No, it is not that simple to setup, and I'm not interested in how super robust it is and it being the largest pc gaming distributor. I want just the product and it be installed in it's own name and be able to run it without having to logon at some website. Is there any other place where I can purchase one?

Ken. 

Edited by kmanning

If you don't want to use Steam, why did you buy the Steam version of FSX? The Microsoft version has not been available for sale for years. Millions of users find Steam to be a thoroughly reliable method of delivering software and if you don't like it, you will probably have to forego FSX. I am reminded why you are on my Ignore list.

51 minutes ago, Reader said:

If you don't want to use Steam, why did you buy the Steam version of FSX? The Microsoft version has not been available for sale for years. Millions of users find Steam to be a thoroughly reliable method of delivering software and if you don't like it, you will probably have to forego FSX. I am reminded why you are on my Ignore list.

You're NOT getting the point! If I'm on your ignore list, then why did you reply in the first place? You just wanted to have something negative to say about my complaint, and it is in my right to do so! That is NOT the point rather I want to use steam or not. It's the fact that in order to run the simulator, you have to be logged on, and NO other simulator requires it! Any person that visits the steam website the first time and purchases / downloads the FSX SE assumes that the product downloaded will be an exe file with a FSX SE name that one installs from HIS computer and be able to run it WITHOUT having to be logged on to some entity. The things I'm complaining about is AFTER the fact, and you need to get in the real world. If I had known that this is how it works, I wouldn't have bought it. I DO NOT like to have to be logged on to some website in order to run my programs! THAT is the point! But you ignore that point and ask the stupid question as to why I purchased the FSX steam edition from steam.

Ken.

Edited by kmanning

On 4/18/2021 at 4:08 AM, kmanning said:

Well, I have the FSX SE installed from the Steam Store, but I do not like that fact that I have to be logged on in order to run FSX.

Actually you can run FSX SE offline if the internet drops! You just run Steam in off line mode. 

• Like 1

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

7 hours ago, tf51d said:

Actually you can run FSX SE offline if the internet drops! You just run Steam in off line mode. 

How do I set it to off line mode, and will FSX-SE always run if I just  leave it in off line mode?

Ken.

Edited by kmanning

17 hours ago, kmanning said:

How do I set it to off line mode, and will FSX-SE always run if I just  leave it in off line mode?

Ken.

If the internet drops it will go into offline mode automatically, or you can put it in offline mode (Second option in the steam menu tab). It's good for a temporary internet failure, but after awhile it will want to phone home (A couple of weeks) to check for updates. There was a point where there was a flag you could add to the shortcut that would disable that check and allow you to run offline indefinitely, but I forget what it was or if they closed that loophole since. (Used it on my old system)

Edited by tf51d

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

10 hours ago, tf51d said:

but after awhile it will want to phone home (A couple of weeks) to check for updates. There was a point where there was a flag you could add to the shortcut that would disable that check and allow you to run offline indefinitely, but I forget what it was or if they closed that loophole since. (Used it on my old system)

That hasn't been the case for a long time now. There was a problem about three years ago where you couldn't stay offline indefinitely but they fixed that a long time ago. Whilst Steam will update itself if the machine happens to be on the internet and Steam is also running, it is no longer a mandatory process.

• Like 1