Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

New Update out today 4/16 - v1.15.8.0

The "not installed" Issue also is still there..

For the Update on the MS Store Version you have to go to the Shop first to download the FS Update, in the Sim than nothing gets Updated; that is what i have seen with my Update process this morning.

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

9 hours ago, desbean said:

I can see trees 40 miles away, but individual blades of grass only about 10 miles. I hope they fix this issue soon because it's ruining my immersion.

Oh! Funny post 👍

It's a combination of the lack of trees and a blurry no-man's land outside a radius of about five miles around your aircraft that does it for me.

• Like 2

Update went through the Windows Store this time.

I just wonder why sometimes through the Store, sometimes directly from within the game when it launches.

Why not just through the game the moment it launches? Why?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

1 hour ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

Oh! Funny post 👍

It's a combination of the lack of trees and a blurry no-man's land outside a radius of about five miles around your aircraft that does it for me.

No its true, he must have got this addon, A must buy!

I can now see trees to the horizon you just need a pair of these and all is good! Look at simmarket/ MSFS 2020/tools and Trees LOD fix. £9.99

513ekzzrlrl.jpg

They also sell under the same tab these to help not see stutters and bad performance. Same price £9.99. If you buy both you get a discount so only £15.23.

61qYrMJwTeL._AC_UX679_.jpg

The Down side you can only use 1 mod at a time ATM,  Asobo are working on compatibility fix for WU29.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 6

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Well, I wouldn't know a WASM from a hole in the ground. but this hotfix seems to have fixed the performance hit I'd picked up after the last update. I was getting maybe 10-12 fps over LFMN initially but now I'm back up nearer my target of 30.

Don't want to tempt fate but I will go and try out a few other places that had plumetted towards unusability and see how that goes.

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

11 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

..but this hotfix seems to have fixed the performance hit I'd picked up after the last update. I was getting maybe 10-12 fps over LFMN initially but now I'm back up nearer my target of 30.

Don't want to tempt fate but I will go and try out a few other places that had plumetted towards unusability and see how that goes.

So hopfully, but i didn`t belive this performance fix came in with this update if so i think they would have mentioned it with the update information and this was not done.

The hotfix (1.15.8.0) is now live on both the Microsoft Store and Steam. Issues addressed: WASM stand alone modules used in some add-ons are no longer working Cockpit screens can be unresponsive if the RTC is not skipped The launcher update is approximately 1 GB. Thank you for your feedback as we continue to track trending bugs! Enjoy.

So WASM and RTC is mentioned if they did a performance fix this shurly where also mentioned so i personally think this is not done with this hotfix.  ( but who knows realy ?? )

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

The patch notes have never been the full story.  Plus, the fixes may actually effect other things (for better or worse) as a side effect, so hopefully, fixing the bad code for the WASM and the issue with the cinematic preview screen, may be beneficial to other things.

I will test again, as I had a slight drop after the last update on my test runs.  Flagstaff Airport was dropping below 30 FPS again at the north end of the runway.  It held 30 FPS easily before the last update.  You just never know what you are going to get! 

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

55 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

So WASM and RTC is mentioned if they did a performance fix this shurly where also mentioned so i personally think this is not done with this hotfix.  ( but who knows realy ?? )

Not really having a clue what WASM is or if I may be using it unknowingly, I'm just hoping that it was, even if coincidently, related to the stuttering and slowdown I was getting before. But even if it's just the case that the sim fairy has taken pity on me, I'm glad to apparently have gotten a bit more of my system back!

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

3 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

The patch notes have never been the full story.  Plus, the fixes may actually effect other things (for better or worse) as a side effect, so hopefully, fixing the bad code for the WASM and the issue with the cinematic preview screen, may be beneficial to other things.

Shure this could be - hopefully !

At the moment i do a long haul with the 747 so i have to watch at landing, up at 39000 feet it dosent make any sense IMO.

The allaround smootness looks a bit better to me but realy not shure at the moment - placebo and so on.. 😏

cheers 😉

• Like 1

spacer.png

3 hours ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

Oh! Funny post 👍

Actually in areas with high resolution textures like most of UK, Germany or France I can barely see the border between 3D trees and flat ground texture (with Anisotropic Filtering at 16x and LOD 200, of course!). In those areas the scenery is beautiful even if the tree lod could be better. But in areas like most of Scandinavia, where the textures are terrible and the tree lod is even worse due to latitude, it looks super ugly.

I don't think that this 1.15.8 update did anything regarding tree LOD.

Also got the update this morning via MS Store, it downloaded and then I clicked play as in the past. MSFS 2020 booted up, checked for updates (there was none when I expected additional files to be installed as per previous updates), then it went to the various splash screens. Went as far as the new activities screen and then boom CTD. First time this ever happened to me. 

I shut down by my computer, restarted it, launched MSFS and same thing happened again. I then checked in the MS Store and it said I owe the programme and can play it.

Tried shutting down my computer and starting it again but still the same problem. No idea what to do next to try and resolve this?

I never had issues with prior updates so any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Will also later search the forum to see if this has not already been answered thanks.

I have started MSFS 3 times, and rebooted the PC once in between for a small windows update, but I can't seem to trigger the MSFS hot fix.

The 'checking for updates' screen is there for 30 seconds, but then it goes straight into the sim. 

Do you have to do anything to get it to trigger?  Do I have to manually go the the Microsoft store?  It normally takes me there for the first 1 GB of download.

Unless it was really quick, I didn't see it update and I never clicked on any update button since Tuesday.  Also, my internet speed is really low; so 1 GB would take about 20 minutes to download, and I would notice - strange!

Update:  My version is showing 1.15.8 on the title bar if I alt-tab out, also, when I view properties on the file, it says my MSFS.exe was updated this morning about the time when I turned the computer on.

So is that it? Am I done?  I never downloaded anything.  This gets weirder and weirder! 

Edited by bobcat999

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

513ekzzrlrl.jpg

Really not happy with this.  I asked for my photo to be removed from Google images etc.  Time to contact my lawyer... Again!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I have started MSFS 3 times, and rebooted the PC once in between for a small windows update, but I can't seem to trigger the MSFS hot fix.

The 'checking for updates' screen is there for 30 seconds, but then it goes straight into the sim. 

Do you have to do anything to get it to trigger?  Do I have to manually go the the Microsoft store?  It normally takes me there for the first 1 GB of download.

Unless it was really quick, I didn't see it update and I never clicked on any update button since Tuesday.  Also, my internet speed is really low; so 1 GB would take about 20 minutes to download, and I would notice - strange!

Your problem seem similar to mine as I also don't get the trigger in the sim itself to download and install additional files. MSFS for me however crashes after that on the one splash screen. Does your MSFS load after it could not find any updates and go to the start screen or does it also CTD like mine?

Edited by Riaan77077
typing error

11 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Update:  My version is showing 1.15.8 on the title bar if I alt-tab out, also, it says my MSFS.exe was updated this morning about the time when I turned the computer on.

So is that it? Am I done?  I never downloaded anything.  This gets weirder and weirder! 

Yes, you are done. There was no content update after program launch, only main program update via Microsoft Store/Steam. Those updates come automatically, if not started manually prior to automatic update. Actually I think this is normal behaviour and to be expected - while not 100% transparent.

Edit: There is one Update in the content manager: EDLP Paderborn Lippstadt

Edited by crimplene
  • Like 2