Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

How to check if France/Benelux enhancements are in the game?

I booted up MSFS and STEAM installed a small launcher update of 100+ Mb and then MSFS installed 22 gigabytes, and MSFS updated to 1.15.7.0 (the one from last Tuesday)

Next I closed / reopened MSFS, another different small STEAM launcher update installed, and MSFS was now 1.15.8.0 (the one from today).

You can see from this screenshot version is 1.15.8.0.

And see Content Manger sorted by size high to low. See the USA and UK POI packages are there and have been downloaded.

Notice that 'Not Installed' is (0). In other words all packages in content manager are downloaded / installed.

But there is no France/Benelux Point of Interest package shown in the Content manager!!!

Is there some location I can fly to see if the France/Benelux point of interest package has somehow been updated after all??

j5vfpAr.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I have POI's all over the UK.

Almost none in France and BelgiumxojmYDD.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

EDIT: oops, thanks donux, I was expecting it in the content manager instead of the marketplace. I see it now. Got in downloaded. My long song and dance thread here, due to the strange hoops Asobo makes us go blindly through to install an update (sigh).

Edited by Fielder

Buy for free and install. It was a little over 5 GIG. Very nice sceneries, except that I'm getting more stutters than before. I hope that they can optimize performance so that we can enjoy these beautiful sceneries again.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I find all these different update location more then confusing. Why not a single one where everything is joined together?

• Like 2

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

3 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

I find all these different update location more then confusing. Why not a single one where everything is joined together?

World Updates have always been in the marketplace. It’s been this way since the very first world update.

Edited by Tuskin38

12 hours ago, Fielder said:

EDIT: oops, thanks donux, I was expecting it in the content manager instead of the marketplace. I see it now. Got in downloaded. My long song and dance thread here, due to the strange hoops Asobo makes us go blindly through to install an update (sigh).

All the world updates have been in the marketplace, even the ones you already have installed. This isn’t a new thing.

I think one of the reasons they have the world updates in the marketplace instead of just having them part of the sim is to keep the base sim’s size down, and let people choose which ones they want. Would you want several gigabytes of space on your hard drive taken up by data for a country you’d rarely (or never) fly in?

Plus some of Gaya’s handmade airports have custom textures with real logos on them, if Asobo included those in the initial purchased download, they’d probably have to pay those companies the rights to use their trademarks, or at least get permission. Having them as a free, separate download from the main sim might be a loop hole. (I’m not a lawyer, just speculating).

I have no idea how third party sceneries get away with selling products with someone else’s trademarked logos in them. Surely that can’t be legal. I doubt all of them ask permission, but who knows.

Edited by Tuskin38

14 hours ago, Fielder said:

This is what the 4th world update and its been the same way since the first. We've always had to go the market and buy it for free. 

• Upvote 1

The last dozen or so installation 2nd steps I had to do were found ALL in the content manager, none were in the marketplace. Those dozen I'm talking about were after a complete re-installation of MSFS. I thought I had reinstalled everything but new features on planes etc. were missing. Marketplace had nothing free available to download. I was stumped until I remembered the content manager. There were about 12 in CM which added on to assets that were already in the game.  Donux reminded me it was just the opposite for World Updates.