Sign in to follow this  
Guest nels

New .NET 3 Framework inproves performance in FSx??

I don't know why (not that smart) but before installation of Net Frame 3 I was getting 8.8 to 9.5 FSP. After installation I'm now getting 12.6 to 16.1 FSP. I made sure that everything was setup the same before and after the installation. I'm guessing maybe it has something to do with the latest ATI drivers that I'm using - just guessing because ATI states that NetFrame must be installed in order for the driver application. Whatever is the reason I'm much happier.Wilbert

Guest kingairvols

I am sorry for being a bit of a bore here but I am not as PC savy as most here and am worried that if I install the net 3 and its not needed that I will end up re-installing the FSX agian. I am not saying that net 3 will make problems I am just going on my experinces in the last three years of installing things that seem to be out for the jury.In other words is there a way to know for sure about this and the other fix;s that have been mention to solve low FRS in FSX only to see later maybe the thought fix really was not the fix.I say this in repect to everyone and there efforts to help FSX perform better and appreciate the time and efforts taken. I am just not a PC savey person whom always is able to install and uninstall with out making mistakes all the time. Thus I hope no one takes my questions the wrong way. I wish MS or someone whould offer a patch (I would consider a pay version, ((however I feel MS owes us a patch)).To all the FS fans out there working through the issues to get FSX running better on our present day PC's "I say thanks".Agian, Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel

Guest nels

Since installing .NET 3.0 I've noticed a difference of about +3fps. Maybe a 'wanted' to see that difference and my eyes are deceiving me. It does look smoother though.FSX still needs a big patch though. It must be disappointing for the ACES team to get a poor rating at sites such as Gamespot.com for poor frame rates : http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/sim/microsoftfli...ght%20simulator

Guest YEGspotter

>Installing the .Net 3 Framework didn't seem to make any>difference to my FSX performance and I am down under. I'm in>NSW so it must be a State thing!:)I read in another forum that you should uninstall .Net 1.1 before installing .Net 3.0. (do NOT uninstall .Net 2.0) It also recommeneded running a defrag after the installation, but I'm sure most of us do that on a regular basis already. I haven't installed .Net 3.0 on my rig yet, so I don't know how well this will work. From what I've read on various forums, most people are experiencing at least a 10% increase in performance....cheers

Wow! Thats the first "fix" giving me a significant increase in FPS (tried all that texture compression and cfg tweaking stuff)!I installed it over Framework 1.0 (didn't have the 2.0 Framework installed) and then uninstalled the 1.0 Framework.In FSX my Frames increased from about 9 to 18 FPS and in FS9 from 12 to 19. Thats guessed average FPS but I can say it defenetly feels alot smoother in both sims and I don't really care about numbers if the feeling's right! :-cool

Guest iwantmydc3

>People in the Vista Australis (VOZ) forum have been claiming>improved performance after installing .NET 3. I was sceptical>- as I couldn't really see why that would be so. I installed>it last night - and now I am beginning to wonder if there is>in fact something in it. Like a lot of these things ->including lots of so called "fixes" , I do have to wonder if>the perceived improvement in performance is in the imagination>of the user. In this case, it seems to have given me a few FPS>more in one particualrly difficult area . >>Anybody here at AVSIM tried it?>>Barry.NET 3, as far as I undertand from reading the link, doesn't really have anything to do with apps like FSX. I would think it would give more benefits for things like Office 2007 and IE7; those have .NET components, I think it's like the old Dynamic Data stuff between apps or whatever, but I'm not a programmer I just play one on TV :(