Sign in to follow this  
psolk

This sim is painful...

12 hours ago, psolk said:

Had to shut the sim down yet the sound kept running in the background.

Check taskmanger for starters.  Then look at your Windows logs for a clue.

Hope you figure out whats wrong.

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

10 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

Check taskmanger for starters.  Then look at your Windows logs for a clue.

Hope you figure out whats wrong.

Cheers

bs

Ironically or coincidentally, when I made the changes I listed above, Changed traffic to offline, cleared, disabled then re-enabled cache and enabled V-Sync to 60FPS the sound issue closing down went away as well...  

Now I need to try to repro the issue to figure out which one of those changes truly resolved the issue in the hope I can help others who may encounter the same behavior.  

Thank you!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

3 hours ago, psolk said:

Now I need to try to repro the issue to figure out which one of those changes truly resolved the issue in the hope I can help others who may encounter the same behavior.  

Thank you!

Nooooo. Don't do that!

MSFS2020 does not behave well when scrutinised however careful you try to be. It is quite likely to self-harm.

And you'll be back to where you were at the start of this thread. Just be happy and fly!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, psolk said:

Ironically or coincidentally, when I made the changes I listed above, Changed traffic to offline, cleared, disabled then re-enabled cache and enabled V-Sync to 60FPS the sound issue closing down went away as well...  

Thank you!

My advice, if you got it working, don't  change anything, in fact burn some incense next to your PC before you start MSFS. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On 4/17/2021 at 7:04 AM, psolk said:

Good question, need to explore.  This was leaving Lee Gilmore airport in Georgia (GVL), passing Road Atlanta and heading towards Hartsfield.  No mods installed.  Tried 152, 172 and TBM same result in all of them.  

Haven't flown that specific area, but I know there's a large radius of framerate slowdowns around the Ft. Lauderdale area. Its extent is variable. But I've seen it all the way out to Puerto Rico, so it wouldn't shock me if it went a long way in other directions. 

That induced bug really does need to be squashed.

Edited by eslader

So I just did ~1400 miles in the TBM from Lee Gilmore (Road Atlanta) to KBLM (Monmouth Executive/home) which crosses the DC/VA area past Philly and right onto the border of NY airspace which is typically when my sim has consistently been a stutter fest.  Entire thing was butter smooth in the TBM through varying weather conditions including some real towering cloud formations.   Then I flew from KBLM to Sheboygan over Allentown, Erie, Flint again with some impressive cloud formations, circled Road America and landed.  I did re-start the sim in between flights but the entire flight was completely uneventful from a sim performance perspective.  

I love the advice above of if it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!

If anyone else is having issues they can try to replicate my personal experiences above but as we all know, this sim is entirely unique to our systems so what's good for the goose is not necessarily good for the gander and your mileage may vary! 

• Like 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

It's great you're back to normal. It's a theme of the present where we're reading threads from guys and gals who are saying "It's totally broken" and frustrating to think that it's probably not - just needs a couple of tiny tweaks - such as those you've been able to do - and suddenly you're back in the sky at great frames.

I'm afraid it illustrates just how poorly engineered the software structure of MSFS is - as has been pointed out by engineers here and on the official forums and the end result is we're all flying on a knife edge every time we boot the sim.

On the other hand - it's relatively early days and its a project with a declared long time-line ahead but it's certainly true that we can consider ourselves Early Adopters with all the concomitant nuisance that entails.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, psolk said:

circled Road America and landed. 

I can't believe I haven't remembered to check out that track in the sim. I've certainly run cars on it enough in real life.  

Guess where my next flight's gonna be?

I feel especially dumb because I've been dorking around KOSH a bunch lately, and that's right next door.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eslader said:

I can't believe I haven't remembered to check out that track in the sim. I've certainly run cars on it enough in real life.  

Guess where my next flight's gonna be?

I feel especially dumb because I've been dorking around KOSH a bunch lately, and that's right next door.

I use the flight sims to do flights between the race tracks we are using in the race sim LOL!!!  I joke with my wife how do you THINK I'm going to get from one virtual track to another; magic...   She laughs, I laugh, she cries a little at her reality, I keep laughing, it's all good!!! MSFS is amazing for being able to see real world race tracks in the sim.

Edited by psolk
  • Like 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

5 minutes ago, psolk said:

I use the flight sims to do flights between the race tracks we are using in the race sim LOL!!!  I joke with my wife how do you THINK I'm going to get from one virtual track to another; magic...   She laughs, I laugh, she cries a little at her reality, I keep laughing, it's all good!!! MSFS is amazing for being able to see real world race tracks in the sim.

That made me laugh, thanks. My wife knows that if she puts her head round the door and asks me to do something, if I say; "I'm on Finals" that's a No.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

That made me laugh, thanks. My wife knows that if she puts her head round the door and asks me to do something, if I say; "I'm on Finals" that's a No.

My wife actually recognizes ATC when I'm on approach, knows once she hears the altitude call-outs it's a silent period and now understands why some planes call me a retard multiple times!!!  She assumed it was a personal thing. 

• Like 3

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

22 minutes ago, psolk said:

My wife actually recognizes ATC when I'm on approach, knows once she hears the altitude call-outs it's a silent period and now understands why some planes call me a retard multiple times!!!  She assumed it was a personal thing. 

Yes, that's why I don't fly the Airbus (except on headphones) - if she comes in and hears the Callouts below Fifty with the "Retard Retard" - it simply affirms her suspicions about me.

She's put up with me for over a quarter of a century now but that doesn't ever guarantee anything in this day and age.

I lost her interest in the Sim when I was trying to show her how to do a Point Break Approach in the Spitfire;

"We do a curved approach so we've always got the runway in sight and it allows us to bleed off the speed" I said.

"Yes, I can see that - that makes sense." She said. Concentrating hard.

As we came around off Base To Final I said; "We're good on speed so we'll just tickle the Flaps down"

She got up and left the room.

I have no idea why.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, psolk said:

I use the flight sims to do flights between the race tracks we are using in the race sim LOL!!! 

Well the modeling of Road America isn't half bad! There's a strange forest that's grown over the track between the Kink and Canada Corner but other than that, it's pretty spot-on. I noticed if you fly over to St. Anna, it's even got Schwartz's in the game, though it's missing that Corvette across from the restaurant that they've been raffling off for like 20 years with no winners. 😉

• Like 1

i don't even get this kind of stuttering people speak of with rendering set at 120, live traffic on,  graphics medium high on a i7-8700k 16gb ram gtx 1070ti. I feel people's pain when the sim doesn't work right, (use to get crashes all the time)... and I'm thankful for what I have when it works

• Like 1

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro