Sign in to follow this  
mikealpha

LIVING AIRPORTS - 3D LIGHTS P3D

Just wondering, I have bought 3D Lights, but don't notice any difference. Also no difference at all in loading time.

After installation one is supposed to use "Add scenery in P3Dv5" in START/Programs. If I do that, a windows opens for a split second and closes immediately.

Should I find any entry in the P3D Addon folder afterwards, or does it add to scenery.cfg ? I could locate it in any of those.

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

You probably have to run the Add P3D5.cmd file as administrator.

2 hours ago, mikealpha said:

Just wondering, I have bought 3D Lights, but don't notice any difference. Also no difference at all in loading time.

After installation one is supposed to use "Add scenery in P3Dv5" in START/Programs. If I do that, a windows opens for a split second and closes immediately.

Should I find any entry in the P3D Addon folder afterwards, or does it add to scenery.cfg ? I could locate it in any of those.

Mike

Mike,

I had the same issue and in my case was related to Windows security, so I turned off "virus and threat protection off" momentarily.

That way when I selected "World>Scenery Library>Add Area" it didn't crash. Unfortunately I had to add manually each region for the software to work.

I see that they have a new version but this issue is still not addressed regarding Windows permissions. See if it makes any difference.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

21 minutes ago, killthespam said:

I had the same issue and in my case was related to Windows security, so I turned off "virus and threat protection off" momentarily.

That did not help, also "Run as administrator" didn't, so I might have to install the files manually as well. Where in the scenery.cfg did you put them, above or below the ORBX stuff ?

Mike

17 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

That did not help, also "Run as administrator" didn't, so I might have to install the files manually as well. Where in the scenery.cfg did you put them, above or below the ORBX stuff ?

Mike

Even with the update I had to install manual all the files.  It is something that windows doesn't like in setup.

I had them above ORBX.  I didn't see any difference on my PC either way.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Would anyone with ORBX Global night lights tell me, if this works out of the box together? And if the improvement over ORBX' night lights is worth the price? I fly airliners only.

• Upvote 1

It works for me, and I didn't do anything special about it (with ORBX). Lights extending into the distance has greatly increased my immersion during night flying.

I still think it's a little expensive but I'm okay with it.

Edited by flycln
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, killthespam said:

Even with the update I had to install manual all the files.  It is something that windows doesn't like in setup.

I had them above ORBX.  I didn't see any difference on my PC either way.

Thanks !

I have installed them now via the LORBY Addon-Manager (Add Packages), looking good now.

Mike

I bought it but I am not convinced. It seems to add up with ORBX Global, so there are too many lights ( I think?)

Edited by Fiorentoni
Correction

Let's keep this a 3D Lights thread please. 

Mike

On 4/22/2021 at 6:08 PM, Fiorentoni said:

It seems to add up with ORBX Global, so there are too many lights ( I think?)

I don't think so. I have tested it with ORBX Global lights set to big and high brightness and did not notice any difference. So at least it doesn't look like as if it adds up. 

11 hours ago, airlinetycoon said:

I don‘t see any benefit with this addon. If you want a really worth upgrade for your P3d night lighting, have a look into simmershome SH slim lights. I deactivated all my ORBX lights worldwide and only use this small addon - the best: it‘s freeware!

https://simmershome.de/slim-lights-asia/

You can't really see a difference because they are so bloody dim as to be almost useless when using Envshade. The dev was contacted via email and said he is using P3Dv4 with Envshade and sees no issues.  Well of course you're not seeing the issues then! The lighting was changed in v5 and the nightlighting is way darker than in v4. I told him as far as I was concerned,  his product is useless in v5, especially when running Envshade.  He said he would be releasing brighter bit maps at some point.

• Like 1

Eric 

10 hours ago, B777ER said:

You can't really see a difference because they are so bloody dim as to be almost useless when using Envshade. The dev was contacted via email and said he is using P3Dv4 with Envshade and sees no issues.  Well of course you're not seeing the issues then! The lighting was changed in v5 and the nightlighting is way darker than in v4. I told him as far as I was concerned,  his product is useless in v5, especially when running Envshade.  He said he would be releasing brighter bit maps at some point.

Interesting. I use it in v5 and have no problems in conclusion with envshade. Btw. on higher altitudes the SH-lights are much darker than on lower, like in real life.

Greetings Andrew Bowler