Sign in to follow this  
Guest camtech

AI aircraft

Guest camtech

Hello folks im tring to find where the AI folder is located so thas i can install the AI sound package.Thanks.....Robert

FSX no longer has a requirement for many things to be in certain folders.Aircraft are one of them.The default fixed wing aircraft are in the folder: Microsoft Flight Simulator XSimObjectsAircraftThe default helicopters are in the folder: Microsoft Flight Simulator XSimObjectsRotorcraftYou can edit the FSX.cfg file and create a unique folder for your AI aircraft - or just use the regular aircraft folder.

Guest camtech

well im confused i have this sound package that i want to put in the AI aircraft folder, so how do i do that. the sound package is in the library and it did not tell me where to do this at.Thanks.......Robert

What is the file name?Did the Readme.txt not include information on how to install / load hte files?In FSX each aircraft can have a SoundAI folder with a configuration file to point to individual sound files for certain events.In FS2004 there was one file per aircraft type which was kept in the main sound folder.

Guest camtech

here is the instructions that i have . before i make a fool of myself the A I does stand for artificial does it not, and that means they are the planes that run around in the sim on there own, correct Your A ISounds******************************** INSTALLATION ************************************** 1. Copy this soundai folder into any of your AI Jet Aircraft that has no sounds . Before you start,identify all your ai aircraft that has no sounds, check to see if they have a soundai folder placed in their aicraft folders, if they havn't then install this folder into the ai aircraft folder.If you dont like the new sounds, simply delete them. This file will enable you to hear all your AI jet aircrafts that have no sounds. Alan Constablea.constable@ntlworld.com...Thanks...............Robert