Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

Pentagon confirm more UFO footage.

3 hours ago, martin-w said:

Yep, with our current understanding indeed. Much still to be learnt. 

When it comes to space travel and time warps and the like we are still primitive people.  And as new stuff arrives on the scene and changes some of the laws of physics as we now know them science becomes a 'We used to think, but now we know' proposition.  And much of today's 'now we know' will become tomorrow's 'we used to think.'

Noel

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

52 minutes ago, birdguy said:

And much of today's 'now we know' will become tomorrow's 'we used to think.'

I wouldn't say "much of", it happens, but science generally tweaks what we "know" with further research, its rarely abandoned. 

Consider this somewhat ironic twist on this.  What if these sightings are actually time travel probes sent back in time from our far distant future generations?  The good news here is that the human race would be still going strong, the irony is that it's only from the human race.

Or possibly this "going public" could be subterfuge to bamboozle the masses (also potential adversaries) about tech that really is in development.

What is fascinating overall is that I remember reading back in the '70's about astronauts seeing crazy unexplainable stuff when on their missions, some of it caught on film too, so nothing really that new here.

Edit:  Though it's fun and romantic to consider space travel, I don't think we're worthy to go there until we first fix all the problems we have living here on earth.

Edited by TheFamilyMan

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

I want to know, how come they always seem to crash, glitch, or cause mayhem...

I mean isn't reliability and obstacle avoidance a factor ?

You would think it would be high on the scale given the vast distances between stars and not breaking down in some place where help may not be readily available.

Plus usually if "just" observing you'd typically want to not be noticed, so as to observe the locals going about their daily routines, much like a bird hide is used.

But instead it's all ahead full, blazing lights, we come in peace (shoot to kill), and let's crash into anything.

Cheers R

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

3 hours ago, TheFamilyMan said:

I don't think we're worthy to go there until we first fix all the problems we have living here on earth

I agree!

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

7 hours ago, TheFamilyMan said:

I don't think we're worthy to go there until we first fix all the problems we have living here on earth.

I've recently posted numerous arguments against that premise, multiple times, without receiving valid counter arguments. I haven't got the willpower to type it all again.

Anyone interested will have to use the search function. 

Consider this somewhat ironic twist on this.  What if these sightings are actually time travel probes sent back in time from our far distant future generations? 

Who knows. But it would mean we wouldnt  have to worry about the grandfather paradox, or they wouldn't be here.

Or possibly this "going public" could be subterfuge to bamboozle the masses (also potential adversaries) about tech that really is in development.

Yep. The Navy tic tac patents I've posted about before pertain to that. Although raising more questions than answering.

What is fascinating overall is that I remember reading back in the '70's about astronauts seeing crazy unexplainable stuff when on their missions, some of it caught on film too, so nothing really that new here.

They were explainable though. Usually stuff like ice crystals.

7 hours ago, Rogen said:

I want to know, how come they always seem to crash, glitch, or cause mayhem...

I mean isn't reliability and obstacle avoidance a factor ?

You would think it would be high on the scale given the vast distances between stars and not breaking down in some place where help may not be readily available.

Plus usually if "just" observing you'd typically want to not be noticed, so as to observe the locals going about their daily routines, much like a bird hide is used.

But instead it's all ahead full, blazing lights, we come in peace (shoot to kill), and let's crash into anything.

Cheers R

Oh yes, this "crashed saucer" stuff or "shot down" stuff is nonsense. If you have tech so advanced that you can traverse thousands of lightyears in a reasonable time frame, then you arent going to have an issue with our atmosphere and crash when you get here. 

7 hours ago, Rogen said:

You would think so. Unless they're deliberately exposing themselves so we habituate and don't freak out when they make full contact. 

I would highly recommend anyone who is interested in this subject to watch this video. 

Kevin Knuth is a Professor of physics at the University of Albany, a former NASA scientist, and the Editor-In-Chief of the Entropy journal.

One of the few scientists that takes this phenomenon seriously. Kevin has carried out research into many famous UFO cases including the Nimitz tic tac incident. The G force he calculated for the incident where a UFO descended from 80,000 feet to just above the ocean was colossal, 5,700 G's! 

Fascinating too that the Roman's reported seeing what they described as "flying shields" in the sky. 

The paper Alan has written on this:

Estimating Flight Characteristics of Anomalous Unidentified Aerial Vehicles

https://www.mdpi.com/1099-4300/21/10/939

Edited by martin-w