Sign in to follow this  
Gottedammerung

FSX is mad

I've tried all the fixes, and the only one that has any effect is disabling shaders. But even then, if I put all the sliders to max, I actually get better frame rates than lower; arount 10 fps on the ground and 15 when in the air. Likewise if I install the smaller textures, my framrates get worse, well, not worse, more stuttery. About the only thing that seems to impact badly is the ai traffic. Then my FPS goes down to about 5.I've got an AMD 3600, Geforce 6600GT, and a gig of ram.

Consider returning the product and getting a refund. Hopefully you still have FS9. Regards,Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

I do actually prefer FSX (well, I love the autogen, and the way it looks much more realistic than FS9, even with FS9 + UT pro/GE/Flight environment). I just wish I could somehow get it above 15 FPS.I suspect you think I was critisisng it - well, I suppose I am, but only in a scratching head, confounded way, seeing as it seems to go against all I understand of a flight sim, that is, reduce texture, reduce load, get better framerates. Like I said, for me it seems completely the oposite.Of course, returning it is out of the question. IT's out of the box now. I do wish I lived in a land with such a blessed returns poilicy. Perhaps if we did, so many of our software products would be better.

Guest sidideas

First off, FSX is a disappointment to many fans, and in many instances leaves a lot to be desired...If a product out of the box needs to be tweaked and fiddled with, it is definitely NOT a successful piece of SW.I keep saying this, that Flight Simulator is a huge task, and i wonder for how long the ACES can keep up with our expectations. Writing code that simulates a real aircraft flying is no easy feat, and when you have people growing/changing their expectations, the job difficulty increases exponentially. ACES tried doing a survey to get a perspective of what their customers want...If i were to head the product, the first thing on my list before anything else would be creating software (SW) that works performance wise. Software that does not work, hogs all resources regardless of hardware is a failure in itself, and not worth the budget and effort.We should always remember that within a very short time span, ACES studios have to come out with a product that makes it different from the previous release, iron out any problems they can find, and still keep up with the newest technology. No matter how much we dream, want, and criticize, Flight Simulator will always remain a project that demands labour and a budget. That is what is happening in real life. I'm quite sure the guys back at ACES certainly would like to create an artifact that is both beautiful and worthwhile, self-motivating to make the next product...Problems that are easily identified in any SW project include estimation of completion of the product, maturity of the SW itself (through iterations) and feedback of customers(sim fans) through rigorous testing, fixing bugs and reaching a level where the complaints go reasonably down.I insist that ACES seriously consider 'opening' their product to other people, so certain communities can help with developing the product. I see it as unrealistic for ACES to develop the whole product by themselves. One smart move, which i comprehend ACES for doing is having this 'Control Tower role' feature given to people. This is a smart move because it is mission impossible to simulate all the different accents around the world, let alone the sounds 'sound human-like..'I still have not purchased my copy of FSX up to now. The reviews from different forums, and my own research makes me believe fs9 is still good SW and i will happilly wait for the next iteration of FS (FS11??), should that be released...

So what exactly is the point of your post? Are you looking for help, venting, complaining? Give us a clue. Craig

Guest sidideas

i'm am not looking for anything...what i had been looking for, have already found :)

>>> So what exactly is the point of your post? Are you looking>for help,> venting, complaining?>> Give us a clue.>> CraigI'm looking to see if anyone else has experienced the same bafflement by FSX's non-stereotypical performance, in that, they get better framerates when everything (except ai traffic) is turned up. And I'm also hoping to find out why that might be. Please forgive me if I appeared over-critical or non-specific. Being human, I tend not to be fit everyone's critera for perfection all the time (just ask my wife :) ).