Sign in to follow this  
lightwriter

Navigation. Weatherships, HF transmitters and LORAN system

Dear pilots!

After long negotiations with Dai 😜 I'm glad to present you the scenery of LORAN stations, HF transmitters and Weatherships (they are slighty different from PILOT'S weatherships). This scenery was written by me for my friends and for myself (of course 😄) because we like flying old piston driven aircrafts across the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. 

It is based on default NDBs and does not require any additional gauges. 

You can download the scenery here: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/yk22hf0L7b-JOA

Manual, maps and description: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/MV9hfdG_Gu_bDw

Lets use old navigation instead of modern GPS, INS and VORs! Lets try to reach our destination airports waterports! ))

• Like 2

To draw the difference between the two: the weatherships supplied with the Clipper are pre-War Altantic only. lightwriter's package is post-War with LORANs. Pick a year and pick the nav package to go with it 😀 . Please note that because there was no co-operation in this, all weatherships have different frequencies. If you are using lighwriter's package, the best action will be to disable the PILOT'S weatherships (World | Scenery Library | PILOT'S B314 Virtual Weatherships).

Edited by dragonflightdesign
  • Like 1

Dai, radios in Clipper allow to enter a tenth of kHz. E.g 456,1 or 2 or 3 etc. Radios of DC-6 (PMDG) don't allow to enter it. Because of this i had to assign frequencies without tenth))

Your ships and my ships can be used together and there's no need to disable something in scenery menu of the sim)

Also some of our ships have different coordinates because they were moved from one position to another in 40s, 50s and 60s)

Edited by lightwriter

Thx for work!

btw. any screenshots? 🙂

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

6 hours ago, lightwriter said:

Screenshots of scenery? 😜

Yes, sure.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

7 hours ago, YoYo said:

Yes, sure.

I can hardly imagine how to make a screenshot of NDB scenery) May be I can give you some maps of this scenery?

W3gp8Kq.jpg

IQKa7oH.jpg

F0z1HTs.jpg

sPffCTr.jpg

Wuk6Cj8.jpg

hUAsKtQ.jpg

• Like 2

Ok, now its a little clear for me. I was thinking about "scenery" as objects (so here was a reason why I asking). Now its clear 🙂 Nice job (and maps also for flight planning)! Id like to back to the Clipper :).

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

6 hours ago, YoYo said:

Ok, now its a little clear for me. I was thinking about "scenery" as objects (so here was a reason why I asking). Now its clear 🙂 

Here is version 1.1) Next version will have objects (ship models for weatherships and antennas for HF and LORANs)

• Upvote 2

Thank you for that great work! Is the next version available already?

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

19 hours ago, kaha said:

Thank you for that great work! Is the next version available already?

Karl

You're welcome) Not yet. I've no time now((( It should be ready in july or august...

• Upvote 1