Sign in to follow this  
smkr

LMN on Raspberry Pi 4

Upkeep

Have you uncommented the 3 last lines in  the  /etc/apt/sources.list?

I don't know if it has anything to do with git, but it is needed along the preparing.

/Sten

Thanks for the latest comments:

In fact, I did not uncomment those last three lines in the sources list but have done now. Still same problem and same error when trying the git clone command for littlenavmap at the end of the instructions.

I also tried changing the name of  the folder I had downloaded using the green button from littlenavmap-master to littlenavmap (leaving master meant it was not recognised), and then follow the instructions in your script.It sort of worked but I could see a number of errors mentioned during the process, and at the end I could not get Littlenavmap to open.

Usually I don't give things up easily but I think this one has beaten me!

Thanks anyway for all your help. You have tried hard, but for me for some reason it just does not work.

All the best

Upkeep

What about fresh install on a new sd-card. Can You do that?

Sten

Yes. You are right I should give that a try in a day or so just to see, though I am not sure why this should be any better.

I can’t see why I would not get the git error again doing the same thing, but you are correct I should give it one last try. 

I just  need to get my strength back!

I do appreciate all your help of course

regards Upkeep

I decided to have another attempt using the same installation. I have delayed using a new sd card (I'll explain why later).

I am afraid I still have failed to get it working. I am clearly doing something wrong, so some help will be very much appreciated.

This is what I did, following Sten's instructions:

1. Completed atools section. Everything appeared to work OK, although when entering the qmake ../atools etc command I did notice a line saying 'build_options.pro not found'. But as I said it seemed to work.

2. Completed marble section. No problems

3. Littlenavmap section: As you know the git clone command does not work for me (see comments above), so I downloaded the repository as Alex suggested using the green button. I then extracted this to the 'projects' directory with the other folders.

The extracted folder was named 'littlenavmap-master'. I therefore changed the name of the folder to just 'littlenavmap' so the subsequent scripting in the instructions would work.

I then followed the instructions from that point. In noticed during the make process that in  the terminal the following line appeared at the end:

make *** [Makefile: 3078: databasemanager.o] Error 1

I continued to the end of the instructions to finish with make deploy.  There did not appear to be problems.

Now I assume now to get LNM to open you need to run littlenavmap-release.sh, which  I did (in the correct directory) by the command:

./littlenavamp.sh

This was the result in the terminal:

./littlenavamap-release.sh: line 11: /home/pi/projects/build-littlenavmap-release/littlenavmap: no file of directory.

So I am not at all sure what I have done wrong.

There is also not mention of ABarthel in the .config filer - so the installation has not worked somewhere.

Anyway I would be very grateful for any hints as to what I have done wrong with my  latest attempt to install.

Many many thanks

Upkeep

PS: I mentioned earlier in the post about possibly using a new sd card so that I might try again to use gitclone for littlenavmap.  The strange thing was that yesterday evening I was using a different raspberry pi (this one runs 32 bit) and I was attempting to git clone another repository (a music player) and I had exactly the same message as mentioned in my posts above - so I am not sure what the actual cause of it is.

14 minutes ago, Upkeep said:

1. Completed atools section. Everything appeared to work OK, although when entering the qmake ../atools etc command I did notice a line saying 'build_options.pro not found'. But as I said it seemed to work.

Ignore this. This is just a notification that an optional file was not found.

15 minutes ago, Upkeep said:

The extracted folder was named 'littlenavmap-master'. I therefore changed the name of the folder to just 'littlenavmap' so the subsequent scripting in the instructions would work.

Better get the current release branch for LNM "release/2.6" and for atools "release/3.6". master might contain old code.

16 minutes ago, Upkeep said:

make *** [Makefile: 3078: databasemanager.o] Error 1

There must be an error message further up in the build process. Building failed at this stage.

17 minutes ago, Upkeep said:

./littlenavamp.sh

This was the result in the terminal:

./littlenavamap-release.sh: line 11: /home/pi/projects/build-littlenavmap-release/littlenavmap: no file of directory.

Most likely since the build process failed earlier.

Alex

Thanks Alex. I will try with the latest releases and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again for your help

Upkeep

A noob question.

Isn't Upkeep at the same place I was? Different versions checked out or in this instance different download.

If I do a compare between release/2.6 and zip download, there seems to be different  versions of some files, including databasemanager.cpp!

/Sten

All working now! Used the releases of LNM and Atools and everything compiled OK. I did need both these release files to get it to work.

Thank you all so much for your help.

So good to be able to use this great program on the pi!

All the best

Upkeep

• Like 2