Sign in to follow this  
Aristoteles

Never thought I´d say this...

...but after 6 CTDs in a row, with no Community mods, no Online Traffic, Multiplayer off, no live Weather,...basically I am done. There is that feeling that everytime my flight may well end in a crash to desktop, is unacceptable. How can this be even be a thing after 9 months of release. Ok, rant over. Enjoy your sim guys. 

Edited by Aristoteles
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Iñigo Bildarratz

Try what I did, reset your sim in the settings on your computer. It fixed my sim and I only lost my custom cockpit view settings. 

I share your frustration.  It can be a long load time for it to end in a CTD and you never know if you are going to get a flight out of it.

I would just give it a rest for a month or two.

Personally I don't think we are going to be in a good place with stability/performance until about a year after the DX12 update.  I am prepared to wait that long - about June 2022. 

There is not much else coming along to replace it, and I can't go back to P3D or Xplane, for me they were just as bad in some ways. I might give DCS 2.7 a go for military, but that isn't brilliant either.  Nice clouds now and fairly high fidelity flight models, but you only have to look at the ground scenery to see that it needs improving also.  It all starts with stability though!  If you cant get a flight out of it - no good!

• Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

If only we could get an error log, a hint, a way to pinpoint the CTD source, how are we supposed to give feedback and make them fix CTds this way?

• Like 4

Iñigo Bildarratz

That's the same way I felt trying to do a flight on vatsim in p3d with gsx or ezdoc. You sit at the gate setup your entire flight just to have it ctd when asking for pushback 

If your vanilla sim is crashing, I'd start carefully examining my setup. If necessary, uninstall the game, reset windows, etc. 

At any rate, without the entry in the windows event viewer, troubleshooting is pointless. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Aristoteles said:

...but after 6 CTDs in a row, with no Community mods, no Online Traffic, Multiplayer off, no live Weather,...basically I am done. There is that feeling that everytime my flight may well end in a crash to desktop, is unacceptable. How can this be even be a thing after 9 months of release. Ok, rant over. Enjoy your sim guys. 

Sad. 

If your MFS is in its birthday suit, nothing whatsoever within, an explanation may come from your hardware. 

I never had a CTD in about 80 hours of simming except twice when I was fiddling with a USB cable to recharge my headset. Clearly, the sim doesn't like that. Poof !

Not saying that it is the same for you, but check your hardware and all the connections. A shot in the dark maybe but worth a try. 

This sim is far from perfect but you can have it flying without any CTD. My experience at least.

BTW are you talking of CTD or or freezes ?

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

9 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Sad. 

If your MFS is in its birthday suit, nothing whatsoever within, an explanation may come from your hardware. 

I never had a CTD in about 80 hours of simming except twice when I was fiddling with a USB cable to recharge my headset. Clearly, the sim doesn't like that. Poof !

Not saying that it is the same for you, but check your hardware and all the connections. A shot in the dark maybe but worth a try. 

This sim is far from perfect but you can have it flying without any CTD. My experience at least.

BTW are you talking of CTD or or freezes ?

Same here. I come home jump on multiplayer with a couple friends and we fly for hrs and have a blast. 

9 minutes ago, environmental_ice said:

Most stable sim I’ve ever experienced for me. I have zero fear of a CTD with MSFS. The one positive I can take to the bank 

Truly me too, very stable for me, since beginning from this new Flightsim on August 2020 i had around  3-4 CTD, the last for a long time now ( shure i have stutters and performance glitches )

but no - no CTD`s a long time ago.

If i read something like yours ( TO ) i allways can`t belive it is like this as it looks and performs for me - but unfortunately it happens, to bad !

Hope you can sort it out, wish you the best !!

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, Aristoteles said:

If only we could get an error log, a hint, a way to pinpoint the CTD source, how are we supposed to give feedback and make them fix CTds this way?

Asobo showing their naivety and lack of experience in dealing with a huge task, an Error Log is something very basic that should've been put in place during the development long before it got to Alpha. A proper beta testing team is something that should've been started before the full release, yet we've only seen the start of that recently.

For everything they've done well, they've really struggled in some of the most basic areas. It's really disappointing to me, I was expecting much more from a Microsoft subsidiary and yet I'm seeing schoolboy mistakes time after time after time. They've got to pull their socks up, 8+months on now and I'm not seeing much improvement across the board.....but I still live in hope.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I get that some people don´t get CTDs, in fact I didn´t get any until WU3, but crashes are so common for so many people now, that it´s beyond doubt that the simulator is far from stable, trustworthy and it´s worrying for the franchise as a whole. There is something serious happening and they better fix it soon or,... 

• Like 3

Iñigo Bildarratz

What gets me is CTDs are #3 or #4 on things to fix with almost 900 votes. Yet someone says they have multiple CTDs, and right away people have to post that their MSFS 2020 runs perfectly . That does nothing to help the many people that have new PCs, have done everything except by a new home, and still have CTDs. The program is buggy, period. It doesn't affect everyone, but it affects  many. 

• Like 7

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Aristoteles said:

Hardware - got a different monitor laying around? Try that. Have multiple hard drives? Try installing on a different one. Even external hard drive if you got one. Switching hardware around can help troubleshoot.

• Like 1