Sign in to follow this  
Aristoteles

Never thought I´d say this...

24 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

May I kindly remind you that, not along ago, you were over the top with the  sim.  Nothing could be shinier. Anybody complaining of anything was a whiner. Now thats a pit of Hell 🤣.

😁

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Back in the good old days bad ram was always touted as the prime culprit. 'test your ram' or up its voltage was usually the prescribed remedy. Second for blame was the PSU.  Also, I miss BSD's. Whatever happened to them?

Edited by jarmstro

11 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Back in the good old days bad ram was always the prime culprit. 'test your ram' or up its voltage was usually the prescribed remedy. Also, I miss BSD's. Whatever happened to them?

At one point, I was unable to download/decompress one of the bigger files of one of the updates, the sim locking up every time. Turns out one of my ram sticks was faulty even if Windows was running just fine otherwise, no warnings, no crashes. So OP could check his RAM as well

Edited by Jean-Paul

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Hey, that's really nice of you towards a guy who is really struggling and frustrated.  Be sure to come back here and ask for help if ever you face any problems or frustration yourself!   👍

There is a difference between asking the community about something with the goal of solving the issue, and just making a topic about someone's leaving because of X. The first type of topic is helpful and engages the community in a discussion, the second doesn't.

Edited by Pastaiolo
  • Like 3

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Every time a member comes here to say that they have had enough with MSFS, there are always a few who want to boast about how great their sim is working. I completed flights all over the Canary Islands and I even posted pics, but that does not mean that the sim is perfect. It's actually in bad shape. The airplane felt lifeless, the GPS mod did not work, and I was greeted with stutters and pauses in many areas that in the past those stutters were non-existent.

The sim has progressively gotten worse and some are still burying their heads in the sand as if we are lying about our experience with MSFS. Since its released ASOBO managed to break the watermasks, coastlines, added mesh spikes, added stutters and poor performance, lowered the LOD, we could NOT load the sim due to server issues or broken USB controllers, and most recently if you access the options screen your mixture is pulled out. Did I mention that now all the community add-on are listed as uninstalled? Update: The broken logbook. 😀

It's laughable that some are still defending this sim. I'm done buying add-ons and I'll use it only if I have run a beta test. But, I feel for the OP. It's sad how this sim doesn't work as it should and some here don't give a word not allowed! Have some empathy or take a break from posting how much you don't care.

End of my rant. 😀

Well said. It is not at all helpful to respond to other folk’s issues by mentioning how great your sim is running, or how we should try tinkering with our settings. The sim should perform appropriately with little intervention from the users. I, as I am sure many are, am not a computer programming expert. It is the developer’s responsibility to ensure that the sim functions properly for the vast majority of users. At this point, it is obvious that is not the case.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 2

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

May I kindly remind you that, not along ago, you were over the top with the  sim.  Nothing could be shinier. Anybody complaining of anything was a whiner. Now thats a pit of Hell 🤣. May I add that that your post mixes different unrelated issues.

This is not about boasting , this is about telling another  fellow user that has a problem that the issue can be on his or her  side because many users don't have the same issue. Reading this forum I came to the conclusion that most of the CTD/freezes are, IMHO, self inflicted. Maybe not all but most. Many users are new to the game and the sudden boom of freeware  and mods of uncertain quality  is a major source of CTD.  And as Kernel and I have said the sim seems quite sensitive to hardware issues

Now we have the choice to try to help to see if that really comes from the sim or not or to rant.

So ture,

"The airplane felt lifeless" this court my eye from someone that never stoped flying the M20. The FG-1D is far from "lifeless" IMO its the best hands on aircraft in the game. No AP no nothing and a huge handfull to takeoff and land. yer..."lifeless" if anyone thinks there up for a challenge fly the Spit and the Milviz FG and come back and say its "lifeless" 

As for people having CTD, I really do feel sorry for you. Also think posting " I never have them" and no surgestions on how to fix is totaly unhelpfull to say the least.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I am one of those that posts "i don't have CTDs and the sim is fine" in response to these threads. This is because the threads make it sound like its all Asobo's fault and the sim is bad, has serious problems and Asobo can't be bothered to fix it. It's not the case. It's just bad for you. Why are Asobo not fixing the CTDs? Maybe because they don't see them like the majority of simmers. Finding isolated users CTDs is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Edited by sanh
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

developer’s responsibility to ensure that the sim functions properly for the vast majority of users. At this point, it is obvious that is not the case.

Cheers, Pete

Could you please point to some facts to back that up please that the "vast majority" and "obvious that is not the case" With over a million copys sold point me to the  "vast majority" that have these probelms please I will enjoy the read.

OFC many have problems and will be very vocal about it. But dont twist it to " vast majority of users"

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 6

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

12 minutes ago, sanh said:

I am one of those that posts "i don't have CTDs and the sim is fine" in response to these threads. This is because the threads make it sound like its all Asobo's fault and the sim is bad. It's not. It's just bad for you. Why are Asobo not fixing the CTDs? Maybe because they don't see them like the majority of simmers. Finding isolated users CTDs is like finding a needle in a haystack.

I think your logic may be flawed. There are several long-time simmers on these forums that are having serious issues. If you distribute those out to the entire population of users, how can you conclude that the majority of users aren’t having problems? Furthermore, if 51% of users have no issues, does that then confirm that sim functions properly?

Cheers, Pete

Edited by PilotPete99
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Could you please point to some facts to back that up please that the "vast majority" and "obvious that is not the case" With over a million copys sold point me to the  "vast majority" that have these probelms please I will enjoy the read.

OFC many have problems and will be very vocal about it. But dont twist it to " vast majority of users"

This is an assumption based upon the myriad of issues people in this forum are experiencing. Instead, how about you provide the facts that support that the vast majority of users aren’t having problems? I have no timetable for a resolution, since I still use primarily P3d. What, in your opinion, is an acceptable defect rate? If 70% of users are having no issues, is that the “vast majority.” 95% would seem more representative of a “vast majority.” Some of you seem personally offended by any criticism of MSFS. I find that to be a bit baffling.

Cheers, Pete

Is there any wonder Sim folks are considered a geeky minority? This thread kinda reiterates my whole "career" as a gamer - going back to the days of text games. It's alllwaaaays somthin'! Gaming and simming have always entailed a battle involving hardware, software, and settings. Nothing has changed. Consumers have the right to expect product that's more-or-less finished, but anything involving computer technology is almost always on the cutting edge - and imperfect - especially if what you're working with is the "latest-and-greatest." A reasonable sense of self-righteousness is certainly warranted, but basically fruitless. You would probably obtain a more trouble-free experience on a console (don't really know - never had one). What we are talking about here is a piece of software entertainment whose scope exceeds just about anything ever offered to the general public. If you believed the early marketing hype, perhaps your experience is limited, or maybe you were a bit of a fool. I think of this as an investment in something that seems promising and was worth throwing a hundred bucks at to support, in hopes it would, at some point, prove worthy. Regardless, even in it's flawed state it offers some amazing experiences. Whenever I face some flaw I just have to remind myself it's a work-in-progress, and if I feel too upset, close the damned thing and do something else. I have learned over the years that a well-maintained and minimally-populated system usually invites fewer problems, but even then things happen. Like many have noted, the variety and complexity of the countless setups out there makes arriving at simple fixes that work for everyone virtually impossible. If you aren't willing to suffer the slings-and-arrows of endless tweaking and configuring, perhaps another hobby would better suit you. Advances in computer engineering and software haven't really eliminated the hassles that we all sometimes face in this astounding and bewildering hobby. My puny system hasn't experienced CTD's, but like the man says - your mileage my differ. Keep your cool and hang in there.

• Like 3

Intel i7-11700K@3.60 GHZ. 32 GB RTX 4070 Ti OC

10 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

This is an assumption

Just what I thought your "assumption" nothing to do with you grand "the vast majority of users" statement.

Unlike you am not saying people dont have probelms but am not blowing it out of all proportions or puting silly % to it.

Edited by Nyxx

52 minutes ago, Jean-Paul said:

At one point, I was unable to download/decompress one of the bigger files of one of the updates, the sim locking up every time. Turns out one of my ram sticks was faulty even if Windows was running just fine otherwise, no warnings, no crashes. So OP could check his RAM as well

In August I had Bluescreens with MSFS but with no other game or software. Turned out it was a RAM stick. 🙂 I replaced it, Bluescreens gone.

I am quite sure, btw, that "the vast majority of users" never has CTDs or other severe problems. And still there is a considerable number of people WITH those problems. But a generalization from dozens or even hundreds of complains in forums to the majority of users is most likely wrong. Players without problems in most cases just don't post that they don't have problems.

Edited by crimplene

4 minutes ago, crimplene said:

In August I had Bluescreens with MSFS but with no other game or software. Turned out it was a RAM stick. 🙂 I replaced it, Bluescreens gone.

You'll be cancelled if you say such things! Repeat after me - 'It's always the software, my PC is perfect. It's always the software, my PC is perfect'.......

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Just what I thought your "assumption" nothing to do with you grand "the vast majority of users" statement.

Unlike you am not saying people dont have probelms but am not blowing it out of all proportions or puting silly % to it.

That’s rather funny, I didn’t put a “silly” percentage on anything. I used those percentages as example. I don’t recall starting a fight with you, but as I stated earlier, you seem to be offended. You are as clueless as I am as to how many users are experiencing issues, so please don’t assert that you know more than you do. 

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1