Sign in to follow this  
Simu67

Am I the only one with so many mesh artifacts ?

Hi everybody,

Since WU III, I have these awful mesh artifacts : in mountaineous regions, I see a lot of peeks appearing at a few mikles distance miles, desapearing at last moment when i am near them.

In other regions, there are more like volcanos or pyramids (when flying over London, I see everytime time between 2 and 6 fake mountains. Starting from Courchevel, flying left along the valley, I have 10 peeks in sight after 3 minuts. With WU IV installed, I have 2 hills on base from Tour Eiffel !

Since a few weeks, each VFR flight over England or France shows these artifacts.

I remember that there were some topics about peeks, but  before WU III, (and I did'nt see this at this time). I remember Asobo claimed that it was solved in march. 

But this is not my case. And I cannot imagine that if everyone had same awful and numerous artifacts, noone would say "Hey, what are these vanishing hills middle in Paris or London ?".

My Community folder is clear, I have refreshed my cash data, i have a 4 Ghtz hexacore I7, 32 Go RAM and 1080 GTI OC with 11 Go Vram. My settings are generaly ultra and the fps are acceptable over cities, very smooth in other cases.

So, do you have this too ? If not, what could I try to correct this bug ?

Regards

Are you seeing terrain spikes like in this screenshot?

2020066909_MicrosoftFlightSimulatorScree

If yes, you might be the only one. There was a really bad case of spikes with Sim Update 2, but this was resolved in the next update, and now any spikes are a really rare occurrence. You shouldn't be seeing them all the time anymore. I flew around Courchevel yesterday and didn't see any.

There is also an issue with terrain morphing that started with the USA World Update, and was further exaggerated with the UK World Update. It particularly affects mountain peaks and coastlines, and it can look like this in some cases.

aec4d559fea5a76091eb9816bd44e7c6c8f97661

This one happens to everyone, but what you're describing sounds like what can be seen in the first picture. If you could post a screenshot of what you're seeing, it might help.

I have thousands of small islands in the Baltic sea that do not exist in reality, as well as small unreal waterfalls a bit everywhere in plain areas.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 hours ago, Simu67 said:

there are more like volcanos or pyramids (when flying over London, I see everytime time between 2 and 6 fake mountains. Starting from Courchevel, flying left along the valley, I have 10 peeks in sight after 3 minuts. With WU IV installed, I have 2 hills on base from Tour Eiffel !

Since a few weeks, each VFR flight over England or France shows these artifacts.

For weeks? So you had this before the last World Update and have it still? Doesn't seem right and I can't confirm any of these anomalies. Did you try to delete the scenery chace or fly with cache off?

4 hours ago, Simu67 said:

So, do you have this too ? If not, what could I try to correct this bug ?

Regards

No,  you have a specific problem.  It seems that you are running on old "cached" scenery.  Go to General>Data and 1/ delete the rolling cache and 2/ check ('view') whether you have a manual cache. If you do, delete it too.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Thank you, guys !

ChaoticBeauty,

I see the same peeks in the french Alps, in London or Paris there are longer.

Crimplene,

For me, it started after WU III. A server shutdown or so occured when after i dowlnoaded the update. When i relaunched the sim, my account seemed lost and i saw that it tried to download... 490 Go. So i stopped the process and restarted after a night. After that, my account was OK but the 490 go to dowload was'nt solved.

I had a backup and paste the data in my MSFS directory and the amount of data to download was 11 mb. I think i have a mismatch and have to correct this. But i'm not sure what is the better way to do this. I don't want to lost my settings and account data...

Regards

53 minutes ago, Simu67 said:

T

I had a backup and paste the data in my MSFS directory and the amount of data to download was 11 mb. I think i have a mismatch and have to correct this. But i'm not sure what is the better way to do this. I don't want to lost my settings and account data...

Regards

Now it gets a little more complicated if you pasted some backup files into the MFS directory ! You are playing Dr Frankenstein here.I am rather hostile in general in reinstalling but I wonder in your case whether this is not the way to go. Are you on fiber with no cap ? And what do you mean by losing your account data ? 

The 490 Gb figure is weird by the way. You are sure it is not 490 Mb because the last update (France) had a small complementary download of about that size.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Hi Dominique_K,

The 470 Gig was a typo, it was 170 Go (Official folder).

I don't know if there is a method to check the content, I see different folders with different dates.

Strange that a few folders are out of OneStore...

This is a software in perpetual mutation so to speak because of the streaming mode of distribution and Asobo incessant and clumsy tweaking . Pasting backups will bring havoc. The Steam version has a ‘verify’ function not very useful as it brings about the re-download of the whole sim. The MS store I do not know.

Dominique

These spikes come from wrong elevation data issued by Bing or the original data provider (measurment fault / transcription of the original data)

MS and ASOBO have cured the majority of these spikes, but as the world is very large, some may still remain in areas where few people fly.

So, if you see suche anomalies, please make an issue to zendesk support.

Patrice Dubois

8 minutes ago, patrice_bambou said:

These spikes come from wrong elevation data issued by Bing or the original data provider (measurment fault / transcription of the original data)

MS and ASOBO have cured the majority of these spikes, but as the world is very large, some may still remain in areas where few people fly.

So, if you see suche anomalies, please make an issue to zendesk support.

Read his original post. He speaks of artifacts in Paris and London and all over France. This is not the old bug but something flawed in his set up. 

• Like 1

Dominique

Ok. To see hills under the Eiffel Tower is surely a big installation issue.

But my remark is general. It may still remiain spikes that have not be seen until now.

Edited by patrice_bambou

Patrice Dubois