Sign in to follow this  
kokelas1

Wishes FS2020

Could we finally get enough visibility for the trees in the FS2020 simulator? In a realistic landscape, the trees can be seen really far from the plane in good weather. Another thing is the screen update, which should be good enough. I've been waiting for these improvements to each simulator upgrade. Unfortunately, most of the time these issues have not been updated or fixed and often the operation of the simulator has gone in a worse direction. The good thing is that the height modeling has been greatly improved in the updates. I am looking forward to the Nordic update, mainly with regard to altitude modeling.

• Upvote 1

speaking of height issues....

this one is still around Hanger Heights

for the love of all that is holy, why this is not a bigger deal with the community or Asobo is beyond me.  Literally at almost any small airport (in the US at least) you will find this.  Hangers that should be about 12' high are 40' high - everywhere.  This is a single default line for heights of these types and I seriously cant help but think this is truly one of the '10 minute' fixes on the programmers side.

I fly into Ashland Oregon just last night in the sim, and sure enough, there they were, 4 in a row - tallest structures in the entire town.

(sorry, just had to vent)

• Like 1

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

1 hour ago, Mike S KPDX said:

Another complaint that's been around for almost 18 months now... 🙃

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

If you can't even spell it - you've got no business complaining about it.

Hangar.

It's a Coat Hanger for your rain coat and a Hangar for your beloved set of mechanised wings.

The two things have very little in common. I, for instance would not attempt to hang my wet Jodel D14 up on the back of my front door.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

Kokelas sounds Finnish, Quickly go and Google some smart remark in finnish and come back if you are as fluent as he is in a foreign language.

Edited by hansb57

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

2 minutes ago, hansb57 said:

Kokelas sounds Finnish, Quickly go and Google some smart remark in finnish and come back if you are as fluent as he is in a foreign language.

Almost right - but my remark was aimed at Mike S KPDX - who I believe to be in the USA.

On 4/18/2021 at 12:00 PM, Will Fly For Cheese said:

If you can't even spell it - you've got no business complaining about it.

Hangar.

It's a Coat Hanger for your rain coat and a Hangar for your beloved set of mechanised wings.

The two things have very little in common. I, for instance would not attempt to hang my wet Jodel D14 up on the back of my front door.

The same can be said of the difference between a....

Flashlight

or

Torch

It is a flashlight. Want a torch? Then start a fire and grab a stick.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

1 thing I would like is a zoom out lock. Like in FSX/P3D I zoom in to see something, and than I zoom out and than it's at X0.30 zoom and everything looks normal. 

But in MSFS2020 if you zoom out it starts to become a tunnel vision.

2 hours ago, udidwht said:

It is a flashlight. Want a torch? Then start a fire and grab a stick.

Only if you can't speak English.... 🤣😂🤣

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

PMDG 737/777. A2A 172 trainer etc. enough of the scenery lets get some simulation involved.

What I wish for is the sound of Blackbirds - the male in particular - at this time of year - down here in the south of England - they produce a song, whilst guarding their nests with a sitting female on the eggs - so strange and wondrous in its multi-timbre, nuances and song.

It is a song that at once is harmonic but at the same time sounds so random - like the sound Spike Milligan would make if he knew not how to speak a language but could only make sound - I feel sure - it sends a message to any other avians in the vicinity - "Try and land here and you'll get it!"

That is what I wish to hear in the sim in these quiet farm strips in the middle of nowhere in these whereabouts of the wondrous World of MSFS 2020.

Not bothered about ILS's not working, etc - "If I can see it - I can land on it"

Just like this guy. . .

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

On 4/18/2021 at 11:58 AM, Mike S KPDX said:

for the love of all that is holy, why this is not a bigger deal with the community or Asobo is beyond me.  Literally at almost any small airport (in the US at least) you will find this.  Hangers that should be about 12' high are 40' high - everywhere.  This is a single default line for heights of these types and I seriously cant help but think this is truly one of the '10 minute' fixes on the programmers side.

I fly into Ashland Oregon just last night in the sim, and sure enough, there they were, 4 in a row - tallest structures in the entire town.

...and get rid of the 300' control towers at most small town airports...

I wouldn't mind an indicator that showed if the sim was running at a rate other than normal.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

13 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

I wouldn't mind an indicator that showed if the sim was running at a rate other than normal.

Speaking as a pilot of FSX/ P3D /MSFS 2020 who has never adjusted the Sim Rate - how would you know if you had adjusted the Sim Rate - and why would you?

"Hey! If you're gonna' fly; FLY - if it takes an hour or 12 hours; don't cheat. Why would you?"

Don't talk about job pressures - we've all got them in this changed World -  if youv'e only got an hour - take the Robin for a bounce. Do the long flight later - when you've got the hours to spare.

I simply don't understand why anyone speeds up the simulation rate. I don't see the point.

You're not flying. You're lying.