I have a set of CH Pedals which used to be on a carpeted floor. Since we moved, the floors are all tile which makes the Pedals slip when I use them. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can stop the slipping?

Many thanks!

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Assuming that you do not have a wall against which you can place them, the best way it to build a flat holding plate and use double sided tape. Just be sure that whatever tape you use can be removed fairly easily without ruining your hard wood floor. In some apartments, I have first used clear packing tape( since the adhesive is easy to wipe off with a cleaner) and then have used 3m double sided tape to attach the bottom of my ch to the tape on the floor. Let me caution you that some double sided tapes, like carpet tape, leave strong marks on hardwood floors. One more strategy if you have the right tools is to create a wooden platform that hooks either to the desk or your chair legs. Not difficult, but all you need is for your front chair legs to rest on top of the ch holding plate.

Edited by flyforever

Hi @flyforever thanks so much for the suggestions. Unfortunately, no wall. I'll research double sided tape. We have 100% tile (ceramic not marble or stone), so hopefully that will work fine. While I build PCs, building other things is not my strength 🙂

Thanks again!

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Put a rubber backed small bathroom rug under your pedals.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

31 minutes ago, pgde said:

Hi @flyforever thanks so much for the suggestions. Unfortunately, no wall. I'll research double sided tape. We have 100% tile (ceramic not marble or stone), so hopefully that will work fine. While I build PCs, building other things is not my strength 🙂

Thanks again!

With ceramic tiles, suction cups work great.

3 hours ago, pgde said:

I have a set of CH Pedals which used to be on a carpeted floor. Since we moved, the floors are all tile which makes the Pedals slip when I use them. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can stop the slipping?

I use velcro tape. You stick some strips on the ground and then some strips on your pedals and then just push them together. You can easily stow the pedals away then after by just lifting it off the velro with a bit of a tug which is handy if you're using the space for other things e.g. work and the pedals would just get in the way.

On 4/18/2021 at 2:51 PM, pgde said:

Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can stop the slipping?

Best to know if you plan to leave them in place 24/7 or if only when you are actively flying....

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi Frank: In place 24/7 under my desk. Good question, I hadn't thought about that.

And for those in above posts who gave me suggestions, thanks!!