Sign in to follow this  
bobcat999

Absolutely loving the Bush Kit C172's!..

I haven't had so much fun for ages!  Really cracking mods of the default C172 (G1000 only at this stage) by Bagolu over at flightsim.to, and nice repaints as well.

It's got big wheels without covers (I got my pants off at last!), a bit more power (revs to 2700!), and mods to flaps (3 stage to 40 degree angle) and wing-tip mods (Camber Cuffs on the wings)...

First came the nose-wheeled version, and now there is a C172 tail-dragger version.

Also, another variant is on the way.  What do you think?  Floats?  Ski's?  :biggrin:

It drops in the community folder, and fits along side and does not over-write the default C172 (which is good).

It doesn't sit next to the default 172 in the aircraft list though, it will be at the beginning of the aircraft selection screen under 'bush Cessna' if I recall correctly.  I thought it hadn't gone in at first, so just note it is not next to the default C172 in the list.

https://flightsim.to/file/12387/cessna-172-bush-kit

https://flightsim.to/file/12978/cessna-172-tail-dragger

I haven't tried the tail-dragger yet as I was having too much fun in the big bouncy tyred nose-wheeled one.  Give it a go - loads of fun!   I just flew for an hour all around the Sedona - Flagstaff region (normally stutter free here).  I did quite a few field landings and STOL take-offs!

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 5

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

15 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I haven't had so much fun for ages!  Really cracking mods of the default C172 (G1000 only at this stage) by Bagolu over at flightsim.to, and nice repaints as well.

It's got big wheels without covers (I got my pants off at last!), a bit more power (revs to 2700!), and mods to flaps (3 stage to 40 degree angle) and wing-tip mods (Camber Cuffs on the wings)...

First came the nose-wheeled version, and now there is a C172 tail-dragger version.

Also, another variant is on the way.  What do you think?  Floats?  Ski's?  :biggrin:

It drops in the community folder, and fits along side and does not over-write the default C172 (which is good).

It doesn't sit next to the default 172 in the aircraft list though, it will be at the beginning of the aircraft selection screen under 'bush Cessna' if I recall correctly.  I thought it hadn't gone in at first, so just note it is not next to the default C172 in the list.

https://flightsim.to/file/12387/cessna-172-bush-kit

https://flightsim.to/file/12978/cessna-172-tail-dragger

I haven't tried the tail-dragger yet as I was having too much fun in the big bouncy tyred nose-wheeled one.  Give it a go - loads of fun!   I just flew for an hour all around the Sedona - Flagstaff region (normally stutter free here).  I did quite a few field landings and STOL take-offs!

Was just flying it and love it. Thanks for the Tail Dragger link, getting it now!

• Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

Absolutely loving this C172 bush kit mod. Exactly what I had been hoping for (well not exactly, the steam gauge version would be even better, but unfortunately seems not possible due to the encryption).

Highly recommended.

• Like 1

When I first saw it I thought someone had screwed up and posted the PropStrike Studios WorkHouse 172 Bush Kit for XP-11. That's what it reminds me of and it is awesome. Wonder if anyone has done a Machmell Fisheries scenery for MSFS 🙂 I love that scenery in XP-11! I am having a Multiplayer Event next Saturday and this is one of the planes we will be flying, For info check out my Discord link in my signature if interested in flying this plane with a Group? Info about the event will be posted here soon!

Man I hope a float version is in the works of this aircraft?

Edited by in2tech
  • Like 1

• Like 1

10 hours ago, in2tech said:

Wow - Smart!  I can't believe how many quality freeware airfields we are getting in such a short space of time.  These three will be perfect for these new Cessna's.

I am hoping for a float version as well, but I think it may be a lot more difficult for the author. 
Someone has done it for the cub though apparently (not sure if it was the default or Grravel one).

A few people (including me) have asked / hinted at the C172 with normal sized 'naked' wheels as well (without the pants).

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

9 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Someone has done it for the cub though apparently (not sure if it was the default or Grravel one).

It's the X-Cub that has mods from Bush League Legends.

Check here it's awesome! I have all of them.

https://www.bushleaguelegends.com/addons/msfs/msfs-aircraft

• Like 1

20 hours ago, martinboehme said:

A taildragger 172 -- isn't that called a 170?

No, they are referencing an STC that can be applied to a default C-172 to convert it from tricycle gear to conventional gear (tail dragger). The STC is available for C-152 as well, and I am hoping we may one day see one of those as well. I'm really glad to see this!

• Like 1

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

1 hour ago, GACSavannah said:

No, they are referencing an STC that can be applied to a default C-172 to convert it from tricycle gear to conventional gear (tail dragger). The STC is available for C-152 as well, and I am hoping we may one day see one of those as well. I'm really glad to see this!

Thanks -- learned something there. The taildragger version does look fun!

On 4/19/2021 at 7:45 PM, GACSavannah said:

Thanks for this. What is an STC?

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Thanks for this. What is an STC?

Supplemental Type Certificate -- essentially permission from the FAA for an aircraft mod.

Edited by ark
  • Like 2

It's getting even better - the C172 mods are now also available with the steam gauge cockpit. Awesome!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

It's getting even better - the C172 mods are now also available with the steam gauge cockpit. Awesome!

I understand a caveat on that is you need to have the Premium version classic C172 already, as it's using that as the base.