Sign in to follow this  
bobcat999

Absolutely loving the Bush Kit C172's!..

On 4/21/2021 at 2:06 PM, bobcat999 said:

Thanks for this. What is an STC?

When an aircraft is 'Certified' as meeting all current legal airworthiness standard, it is granted a "Type Certificate". The TC is what makes the design legal to operate. If you want to modify the aircraft in such a way that it would invalidate the Type Certificate, you need to have the modification itself certified, as a Supplemental Type Certificate, which just as the name implies, supplements the original TC. The STC is granted by the same local airworthiness administrator (FAA, EASA, CACA, ect) that granted the original TC, and typically is applicable to any aircraft operating under the original TC, so if for example, you get an STC issued for a C-172, the same STC can be applied to perform the identical modification onto any other C-172, but only to a C-172. To do the same mod to for example, an C-182, would require a different STC.

This STC allows you to install the big balloon tires on a C-152

SA01636SE-2T.jpg

Edited by GACSavannah
  • Like 1

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Am loving this plane. Has anyone noticed it takes alot of runway to get her off the ground? She seems to really hold on tight once you rotate and it really is limiting me to the size of strip I can drop into.

Thanks

Edited by todd92371

One such C-152 is being completed. It is the C-150 Tibush that I had made for FSX/P3D and that I am revising for MSFS in native and current standards.

spacer.png

spacer.png

tibush13.jpg

These days I'm a bit busy finishing the first stage of my Canso PBV-1A and I think I'll be able to switch to the Cessna in a short time 😉

Best regards, Didier "Lagaffe"

Boitier HAF 932 / ASUS Z390 STRIX-F Gaming / i9 9900K / Cruxial Ballistic 32 Go à 3200 Ghz / Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti / 34" Samsung FreeSync 21:9
SSD: Samsung 1To + 2 Cruxial 256 Go / Stockage : WD 4To et WD 2 To / Hotas Warthog and Throttle Cougar