Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Will FSUIPC allow me to assign MSFS default ...

I asked months ago when FSUIPC was being offered for free, as to if you could take the default view change assignments in MSFS (Alt plus a number, for example Alt-1, Alt-2 etc, programmable by Ctrl-Alt-a number), but at that time it wasn't working to be able to use FSUIPC's buttons tab to let you set up those to available controller buttons.  Is that working now?

Thanks in advance

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I'm trying to get this answered at simflight forums but alas unable to log in currently.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

12 hours ago, Noel said:

I asked months ago when FSUIPC was being offered for free, as to if you could take the default view change assignments in MSFS (Alt plus a number, for example Alt-1, Alt-2 etc, programmable by Ctrl-Alt-a number), but at that time it wasn't working to be able to use FSUIPC's buttons tab to let you set up those to available controller buttons.  Is that working now?

For my views I assign buttons in FSUIPC to the keystrokes I assigned to those views in MSFS. For my custom views, yes, I stick to the default Ctrl+Alt+ num (0-9). All works fine.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Very good, sounds like it will do what I need.

Cheers n thanks

Noel

On 4/19/2021 at 1:43 AM, Pete Dowson said:

For my views I assign buttons in FSUIPC to the keystrokes I assigned to those views in MSFS. For my custom views, yes, I stick to the default Ctrl+Alt+ num (0-9). All works fine.

Pete

Pete, perhaps you have insight into this.  Brief background:  if I hit the END key to get to the drone camera view behind the aircraft, I can reorient the view using the panning key.  When I again hit the END key it will go back to default cockpit view.  Now when I again hit the END key, my reoriented view is retained.  However, when I assign the END key to a yoke button, it does indeed bring up the same default (from behind the aircraft) drone camera view just fine, and will go back to cockpit view as it should when it is hit again.  However, if I reorient it that view is never retained when I go to hit the END key again--always goes back to the original default view.  Any ideas how to make it behave like the straight keypress in this regard?

Thanks

Noel

For reasons I don't understand FSUIPC7, when using buttons assignment for default actions one gets by pressing Ctrl-number keys etc, or custom assigned Alt-number keys, do not behave the same way as the keys themselves do.  They will execute the action fine, but alter behavior after the action is returned to the prior view, such that it's a net loser.  The above described issue is just one.  So I've uninstalled FSUIPC7 for now perhaps it will improve and I can try again.

Noel