Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Shimmering

I have applied to FsX some of the suggestions that came out recently, notably I have in my FsX.cfg:TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.30Mode=1280x960x32BiLinear=1MipBias=6AntiAlias=1//TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=1500TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=1000 in the appropriate sections.Also the FsX.cfg terrain section reads: [TERRAIN]LOD_RADIUS=3.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=100MESH_RESOLUTION=20TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=25AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3DETAIL_TEXTURE=1WATER_EFFECTS=5My problem is that I got a lot of texture shimmering, particularly at terrain textures far from the airplane.Can someone please advise on what can I do to reduce (eliminate?) this unpleasant shimmering?I have a NVidia GeForce 6800GT, of 256 MB, using the 93.71 forceware drivers. Thanks!RegardsEdmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

Guest moonrunner

When I have arthroscopic filtering on I get shimmering. I change it to trilinear and the shimmering stops. This is the setting in the Sim.

It's your antialiasing and anisotropic filtering settings.If you still have shimmering after turning on AA and AF, then you are limited by your vid hardware--that is the best it can do.FS is somewhat "shimmer-prone" in certain spots and even with my card I there are times where I notice a bit of a shimmer here and there.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

In your Video Driver setting.... your Anti Aliasing, if it says "application controlled", change it hardware controlled and set it to its highest settings 8X or 16X which ever is higher. Do the same thing with Anisptropic to hardware controlled and to its highest settings.Do all that while you don't have the FSX running.Now load up your fsx and see...how it looks within FSX. try setting Trilinear or something within FSX.http://www.tweaktown.com/guides/601/the_si...uide/index.htmlManny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter