Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Vertigo Turboprop Available

Downloaded. Can't wait to try this one out!

EDIT: Tried it and - it's a rocket 😅 Great fun, super-easy to fly, comes with a solid avionics package and autopilot. Took off from Nice, up to ceiling altitude of FL310 with a climb rate of... 7000fpm 😆 Had a blast low-flying inverted in mountain valleys. It's extremely nimble - and very very twitchy during takeoffs and landings. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

8 hours ago, Mike44 said:

Thanks, didn't even know this freeware site.

Your in for a treat tons of fantastic free stuff - fill your boots!  You can organise content by most downloaded and most liked, best way to see all the good stuff!

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

7 hours ago, Mike44 said:

Holy cow I didn't think turboprops could be that fast. 700km/h is nicely faster than a TBM 900 or PC-12.

Very nicely done. Looks like a lot of work done by some skilled people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_FP0PZWzUs

It's all experimental hehe.  Though Patey's Turbulence did about 400 KTAS if I remember.

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Turbulence is insane. There's a vid somewhere of him talking about taking off from an uncontrolled airfield, asking for IFR clearance, and ATC assuming his transponder is broken because his altitude is changing at 7,000+fpm. 

I have just tried to fly this - I'm in Fort Lauderdale after delivering a Cessna Caravan nearly 4000 miles from the UK and was looking for something interesting to fly back in. I took this on a left pattern out of somewhere near KFLL.

I will never fly it again. It's a monster, created by an word not allowed - who just wanted speed - and flown by people who have absolutely no idea how flight control surfaces interact with wind. It was like I was back on the Commodore 64. It flew like a house Brick, it flew like it didn't know how, it flew - like my mother-in-law never did. Totally horrible and not like an aeroplane should.

In shock, on the ground and safe after an absolutely BS piece of rubbish.

AVOID.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

That's a bit harsh. It flies perfectly sedately if you don't goose the throttle much. Kinda like the real thing.

Just so you're aware, this is the plane it's based on, racing a jet on a course that went above 10,000 feet, and it still went faster than the jet:

Edited by eslader
  • Like 1

I'm well aware of what it's based on and - strangely - I'm well aware on not Fire-walling the throttle for word not allowed and giggles.

It flies like a piece of word not allowed. Endo-story for this real World Pilot. Sure, it would be great in GTA but that's not what this is about.

Absolutely awful. It is not an aeroplane - it is a thing you hurl at the sky with the vague idea of trying to pilot a house brick.

Terrible.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

This one looks fun, it's time to plug in my TH Warthog Joystick again.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Anyone who looks at a for-fun fictional airplane loosely based on a for-fun insane airplane built by the aero-e equivalent of a mad scientist and thinks it's is going to be 100% realistic or fly like anything they've ever flown, real life or otherwise, is barking up the wrong tree, IMO.

Edited by eslader
  • Like 5

32 minutes ago, eslader said:

Anyone who looks at a for-fun fictional airplane loosely based on a for-fun insane airplane built by the aero-e equivalent of a mad scientist and thinks it's is going to be 100% realistic or fly like anything they've ever flown, real life or otherwise, is barking up the wrong tree, IMO.

Yep, that's me; guilty as charged.

I should have never have loaded it up in the first place.

The fundamental problem - before I go - is; it doesn't fly like a frigging aeroplane.

But if you're still happy with that - fill your boots!

On 4/21/2021 at 1:02 AM, Mike44 said:

Holy cow I didn't think turboprops could be that fast. 700km/h is nicely faster than a TBM 900 or PC-12.

I think some turboprops are de-rated (governed) for longevity and fuel econ reasons.  I know they can produce amazing power...I always wondered what a racing turboprop aircraft could do, now I know.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

3 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

I will never fly it again. It's a monster, created by an word not allowed - who just wanted speed - and flown by people who have absolutely no idea how flight control surfaces interact with wind.

Ok, so you didn’t like it. To be frank, when I first read your post I thought there was some humor involved there. But it seems this thing really offended you personally. No need to lash out at both the developer and the people who enjoy it. 

• Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I tried it and found it to feel "contrived". Just doesn't seem to fit any reality I know connected to flight. Oh, it's fast alright, no doubt about that. I just sorta like things resembling real life. Now don't get me wrong, I love that people can grab what fits their fancy and fly it. I especially respect those who invest time in a project. If you did, however, not find this model aggregable, then there is nothing wrong with that. Each of us have our own opinion.

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

23 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

I have just tried to fly this - I'm in Fort Lauderdale after delivering a Cessna Caravan nearly 4000 miles from the UK and was looking for something interesting to fly back in. I took this on a left pattern out of somewhere near KFLL.

I will never fly it again. It's a monster, created by an word not allowed - who just wanted speed - and flown by people who have absolutely no idea how flight control surfaces interact with wind. It was like I was back on the Commodore 64. It flew like a house Brick, it flew like it didn't know how, it flew - like my mother-in-law never did. Totally horrible and not like an aeroplane should.

In shock, on the ground and safe after an absolutely BS piece of rubbish.

AVOID.

I'm a pilot irl and I very much enjoy this thing.  No one is flying MSFS for extreme simulator realism.  You'll have to go back to Xplane or P3D for that.  It seems like you've got a setup issue (maybe flight model on legacy?) or something...  I'm able to land in a crosswind, a lot of MSFS aircraft can't do that.  I also think you're totally out of line.  It takes hours just to make a nice livery - and this guy has made an entire package with his time and at zero cost to you.

An important thing to note:  This is based off Mike Patey's extremely modified Lancair Legacy....which also does 7000+ fpm climb rate and 400ish KTAS.  There's no other plane like it.  It's not going to have Piper Warrior flight modeling for cryin out loud.

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 4

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |