Sign in to follow this  
Manny

FSX vs. X-Plane 8.5 + Global Scenery

Guest Len

Wow. X-Plane New York looks great

Well done, L. The first time I've ever seensensible comparative shots!Peter Sydney Australia

X-Plane will never become a main line simulator until add-on developers raise the bar concerning realistic panels, sceneries and instruments. And developers will never provide those goodies because the X-Plane developer is unencumbered by any sense of backward compatibility. I own four or five add-on pieces and NONE of them are usable in the current version. The original authors gave up and offered no upgrades.If you want a glimpse of what MSFS would look like without backward compatibility, then buy X-Plane. You will also need a high speed internet connection to download the numerous updates. It is fun to fly, but the inexplicable "upgrades" to the simulator (the developers personal whims) became tedious and silly after a time. I won't buy the next version when released. If you are an aeronautics student then buy it, if you want a sim that will evolve with the help of a large user base, then I would recommend a pass.Bob..

Can I assume it's a photo-real type scenery? Looks terrific at altitude!I just picked up the MegaScenery for Hawaii, which is getting a whole lot better look, than was previously possible, at lower altitudes thanks to much higher texture resolutions of FSX. No frame rate hit, either.L.Adamson

Guest Szybowiec

Have you tried the new 8.5 version? I read some criticism about the airplan detail and i have to agree, the default planes look awful. However, i went to this website: http://www.3pointaircraft.com and i was pleased to find excellent detailed aircraft for a small price. I will not mess with the scenery for the moment seeing how the new "global scenery" is incredible. I guess i prefer to "fly different"

The Aerosoft's Manhatten is lot lot more than photoscenery.. It looks like every building in Manatten has been faithfully reproduced. Its 3D.http://www.avsim.com/pages/0304/aerosoft/fsgs_manhat_37.jpgThe old Pan Am building (currently MetLife) and the UN building to the right. More shots here. : http://www.avsim.com/pages/0304/aerosoft/index.htmlYou should also install Gottfrieds FS9 PHNL Hi Res..it compliments Mega scenery FSX Hawaii.I put out some screenshots in the screenshots thread.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>You should also install Gottfrieds FS9 PHNL Hi Res..it>compliments Mega scenery FSX Hawaii.>>I put out some screenshots in the screenshots thread.Very nice screenshots in the screenshots thread.BTW, I'm not having a problem with resolution in the cockpit mode.The look has been very clear. Now that I finally noticed that we can use larger & higher res screenshots, I'll get some new ones from the cockpit view.L.Adamsonedit: first pichttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/164700.jpg