Sign in to follow this  
P2A_Friend

MSFS can't open because it cannot be found.

I get this error message after Windows installed an update today. In the MS Store it says that MSFS is installed but it will not run.

Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated?

Thank you in advance.

Klaus

Error message: Microsoft Flight Simulator can’t open because it cannot be found. The storage device might be missing or disconnected.

MSFS, i7 9700K, RTX 2070, 32GB

I'm getting the same something to do with Game Services

RYZEN 7 5800X3D EIGHT CORE 4.5GHZ,  CORSAIR CMK64GX4M2E3200C16 VENGEANCE LPX 64GB SAPPHIRE NITRO  AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT (16368 MB) 

MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI Samsung U32J59x (DisplayPort) [31.5" VA LCD] Seagate FireCuda 520 SSD ZP1000GM30002 (ITB)WDC WDS100T2B0C-00PXH0 (1TB)

Be sure you remove anything in the Community folder, then try again. I had the same problem and that fixed it here. As soon as I removed the one file I had in there the sim worked again.....then I added the file back and all is good, at least for now

Jay

Please let us know how you fixed this problem.  Seems that MSFS uses a well hidden/cryptic disc/device identifier to link the install with the files it tucks away inside, unless it's changed from its default, the user's \AppData  folder.  I once had this problem due different circumstances, and ended up having to reinstalling MSFS to get it to work again.  Note: the good ol' drive letter is NOT used by this linking mechanism.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Hi,

Well, since nothing (empty Community folder ...) was helping, I reset the app (repair didn't help) and made sure that I pointed the install to the correct location of the previous MSFS installation and that fixed it with no downloads needed.

Not much work but I had to figure it out first.

Good luck for all who have the same issue.

MSFS, i7 9700K, RTX 2070, 32GB