Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Carenado PA34T Seneca V incoming

Aerosoft claims SDK does't give them access to WX radar, how come Carenado got it?

• Upvote 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

Aerosoft claims SDK does't give them access to WX radar, how come Carenado got it?

I suppose this has something to do with gauge coded in JS vs. WASM.

• Like 1

It looks like a nice aircraft but I still recovering from PTSD after purchasing Carenado Arrow 😀

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I believe (based on a post by someone from either the FBW or WT teams who know a lot more then me) the sim provides bitmap images only of the radar which the stock Garmins use.  It basically shows clouds only, not precipitation under the clouds, etc.  

Perhaps Carenado felt it was good enough to do what the stock Garmins do, but Aerosoft felt it wasn't good enough?  Or maybe those stock images aren't available via WASM?

• Upvote 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

8 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

The picture doesn't really guarantee much. Recall that the early shots of the Next Gen EMB 110 also showed it with a radar scope lit up on the dash, but it's non-functioning in the release version.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

19 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Very good question. 

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Meh Lipstick on a pig. 

• Like 3

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Oh Carenado... you tempt me. I trained on the V... and I want a de iced GA airplane. I will wait to see if it is at least Mooney decent... I was hoping Milviz would get the 310 out soon.

• Like 1

Has anyone got any experience of the P3D/FSX version of the Seneca V ?

As things stand I'd definitely prefer more MSFS planes coming from the Alabeo back catalogue than the Carenado one.

(Also is it too soon to complain if it doesn't support the GTN 750 mod yet ? 🙂

Edited by Matchstick

I really really really wish Carenado would start selling these on their site and not just the marketplace.  Updating them is a PITA and if a patch breaks them you've just got to wait weeks until it works correct.  

Additionally you cannot access some important files to edit things like we could in the past because it's marketplace only.

Their Mooney is ok and I do fly it but unless it's a plane I desperately want (like a lancair legacy with analogue gauges , I'll be passing on this one).

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I for one am looking forward to this and the Saratoga (the single engine variant) should soon follow.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

It looks like a nice aircraft but I still recovering from PTSD after purchasing Carenado Arrow 😀

Yeah, I feel the same, that was a waste of money, I tryed it once and uninstall it.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

3 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

The weather radar map layer is exposed on the JS side, but map layers are not published to WASM as of now I believe.

There are two things coming...

First, in the next sim update, there is planned to be a change in the WXR to return rain and not clouds, which is a big plus. That should arrive in SU4.

In addition, it is definitely "on the radar" to implement a solution for wxr in WASM, but I don't know the exact plan there right now; I just know it's known and in the pipeline.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

24 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Yeah, I feel the same, that was a waste of money, I tryed it once and uninstall it.

It was the Waco that really made me take issue. The fact they never fixed the C of G. Haven't flown it more than 3 times.

• Like 3