Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Carenado PA34T Seneca V incoming

Quite enjoy the Seminole and the Mooney so I’ll interested to see how this one is.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 hours ago, jpe828 said:

It was the Waco that really made me take issue. The fact they never fixed the C of G. Haven't flown it more than 3 times.

There is now (as of Sim Update 3) a CG slider for every aircraft in the fuel/weight window, so I think you might be able to fix it there.  I don't have the Waco though.

• Upvote 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

5 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Updating them is a PITA and if a patch breaks them you've just got to wait weeks until it works correct.  

Additionally you cannot access some important files to edit things like we could in the past because it's marketplace only.

Really? Could you go into alot more detail for me, you see I have not yet purchased directly from the MS marketplace and don't want to make a bad mistake.

I often have the need to edit files like the flight model.cfg and aircraft.cfg, etc. Which files can't you get to for editing, and why...where do they end up?

..and what about their process makes it a PITA to update a plane?

Thanks

58 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

There is now (as of Sim Update 3) a CG slider for every aircraft in the fuel/weight window, so I think you might be able to fix it there.  I don't have the Waco though.

Yup, this is true:

kNTWoaF.png

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

54 minutes ago, hangar said:

Really? Could you go into alot more detail for me, you see I have not yet purchased directly from the MS marketplace and don't want to make a bad mistake.

I often have the need to edit files like the flight model.cfg and aircraft.cfg, etc. Which files can't you get to for editing, and why...where do they end up?

..and what about their process makes it a PITA to update a plane?

Thanks

I'm just one of those naysayers but I don't like buying from the Marketplace.  It may have changed but you used to not get a receipt of what you bought.  People were having troubles getting their products again.  But it is correct that you can't edit the things we could edit in FSX/P3D/XP11 from their aircraft.  The marketplace locks those files out in some .fsarchive file.  It's a DRM thing I guess.  So forget about doing any FDE fixes like we used to do.

The worst part Marketplace (aside from their poorly designed UI), is the very slow to update content.  Back when the Mooney came out there was a patch or two (the norm) but it literally didn't come out on Marketplace for weeks.  Weeks.  Carenado had it ready but MS wouldn't update their store.  Oh, not to mention sometimes when you want to update, you have to delete your product, reboot your PC, and hope that it doesn't freeze on update.  I still can't use the Seminole even after a total reinstall.  It's just the stupid rigmarole you (sometimes) have to go through to make things work properly.  

Oh also, buying from the developer directly is better for them.  I think I unofficially read MS takes 40% from the dev.

Marketplace was a good idea but poorly executed.

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, marsman2020 said:

Never even thought of that... Cheers!

7 hours ago, jpe828 said:

I was hoping Milviz would get the 310 out soon.

I know what your mean, I'm still jonesing hard for a good twin.

• Like 2

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

50 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I'm just one of those naysayers but I don't like buying from the Marketplace.  It may have changed but you used to not get a receipt of what you bought.  People were having troubles getting their products again.  But it is correct that you can't edit the things we could edit in FSX/P3D/XP11 from their aircraft.  The marketplace locks those files out in some .fsarchive file.  It's a DRM thing I guess.  So forget about doing any FDE fixes like we used to do.

The worst part Marketplace (aside from their poorly designed UI), is the very slow to update content.  Back when the Mooney came out there was a patch or two (the norm) but it literally didn't come out on Marketplace for weeks.  Weeks.  Carenado had it ready but MS wouldn't update their store.  Oh, not to mention sometimes when you want to update, you have to delete your product, reboot your PC, and hope that it doesn't freeze on update.  I still can't use the Seminole even after a total reinstall.  It's just the stupid rigmarole you (sometimes) have to go through to make things work properly.  

Oh also, buying from the developer directly is better for them.  I think I unofficially read MS takes 40% from the dev.

Marketplace was a good idea but poorly executed.

just...wow. Very disappointing.

Well I know myself and I know Carenado so there's no way I am going to buy a model that won't allow me to edit the flight handling. I guess Carenado doesn't want the customer service hassles and dealing with the refunds so they opted to go exclusive with the ms store thing. 

In all the years I've been gaming I only purchased one thing from the MS store (Forza Horizon 4) and reinstalling several months after I had uninstalled it, was a royal PITA.

I'll pass then too...unless they actually build something that fly's amazingly accurate. I may not need all the systems modeled, but I for sure require a stellar flight model at the very least.

Thanks Ryan.

Edited by hangar
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, remilton said:

I know what your mean, I'm still jonesing hard for a good twin.

We need a steam gauge (nicely equipped), de ice equipped, decently fast (No seminole), decently modelled systems, Twin. This Seneca may fit the bill until someone provides a higher fidelity airplane. If it is like the Mooney, I can live with it. 

After the JF Arrow III Carenado planes for me fell into an all too familiar place. They all feel like you're flying the same exact plane as the last one

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

3 hours ago, hangar said:

just...wow. Very disappointing.

Well I know myself and I know Carenado so there's no way I am going to buy a model that won't allow me to edit the flight handling. I guess Carenado doesn't want the customer service hassles and dealing with the refunds so they opted to go exclusive with the ms store thing. 

In all the years I've been gaming I only purchased one thing from the MS store (Forza Horizon 4) and reinstalling several months after I had uninstalled it, was a royal PITA.

I'll pass then too...unless they actually build something that fly's amazingly accurate. I may not need all the systems modeled, but I for sure require a stellar flight model at the very least.

Thanks Ryan.

I quite agree. And the first thing I do with any Carenado airframe is start pulling the aircraft.cfg and Flight Tuning to pieces to get it right.

7 hours ago, Chock said:

Yup, this is true:

kNTWoaF.png

Yup, and its totally porked, porcupined, buggered, bugged. Its gone largely unoticed, but ever since they introduced that new CG UI, its been bugged. The sim on certain instaces (nearly always), upon loading a plane, disregard the empty CG entirely and resets it to LEMAC (leading edge). Obviously, if you fly a trycycle, you might not even notice, but its very noticeable on taildraggers, specially ones that have a big 'ol engine in the front. Most reliable way to solve it, is to load another livery, or another plane in the menu, then go back to your intended plane. Its the reason why we are getting reports of the taildragger bush trips feeling weird lately, as you cant even access that menu in bushtrips. Its also the reason why Milviz asks to manually set your Cg for the Corsair.

If your having way too many troubles on taildraggers, that the first thing you should check.

Asobo found and fixed the bug, but it still pending release  (next sim update).

If you'r lucky, you might even see it happen right in front of your eyes, select a plane, go to that menu, everythings look godd until "poof", everything resets on its own, throwing the CG WAY out of limits.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, leprechaunlive said:

Most reliable way to solve it, is to load another livery, or another plane in the menu, then go back to your intended plane

Great tip & thank you for mentioning the issue because I had no idea there was such a glaring problem that effects us all.

2 hours ago, hangar said:

Great tip & thank you for mentioning the issue because I had no idea there was such a glaring problem that effects us all.

its a sneaky one i'll give you that! but im develloping a tail dragger, so i noticed right away 5 minutes into the update 😄

Edited by leprechaunlive

6 hours ago, styckx said:

After the JF Arrow III Carenado planes for me fell into an all too familiar place. They all feel like you're flying the same exact plane as the last one

I feel the same. I like have the Seminole and the Mooney and since getting the JF Arrow, I have barely flown the Carenado's. They lack so much compared to the JF Arrow.