Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Carenado PA34T Seneca V incoming

Recommended Posts

Quite enjoy the Seminole and the Mooney so I’ll interested to see how this one is.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero Z490, i9 10900k @ 5.3Ghz, RTX2080ti, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, VirtualFly Ruddo+ and TQ6+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jpe828 said:

It was the Waco that really made me take issue. The fact they never fixed the C of G. Haven't flown it more than 3 times.

There is now (as of Sim Update 3) a CG slider for every aircraft in the fuel/weight window, so I think you might be able to fix it there.  I don't have the Waco though.

  • Upvote 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Updating them is a PITA and if a patch breaks them you've just got to wait weeks until it works correct.  

Additionally you cannot access some important files to edit things like we could in the past because it's marketplace only.

Really? Could you go into alot more detail for me, you see I have not yet purchased directly from the MS marketplace and don't want to make a bad mistake.

I often have the need to edit files like the flight model.cfg and aircraft.cfg, etc. Which files can't you get to for editing, and why...where do they end up?

..and what about their process makes it a PITA to update a plane?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

There is now (as of Sim Update 3) a CG slider for every aircraft in the fuel/weight window, so I think you might be able to fix it there.  I don't have the Waco though.

Yup, this is true:

kNTWoaF.png

  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, hangar said:

Really? Could you go into alot more detail for me, you see I have not yet purchased directly from the MS marketplace and don't want to make a bad mistake.

I often have the need to edit files like the flight model.cfg and aircraft.cfg, etc. Which files can't you get to for editing, and why...where do they end up?

..and what about their process makes it a PITA to update a plane?

Thanks

I'm just one of those naysayers but I don't like buying from the Marketplace.  It may have changed but you used to not get a receipt of what you bought.  People were having troubles getting their products again.  But it is correct that you can't edit the things we could edit in FSX/P3D/XP11 from their aircraft.  The marketplace locks those files out in some .fsarchive file.  It's a DRM thing I guess.  So forget about doing any FDE fixes like we used to do.

The worst part Marketplace (aside from their poorly designed UI), is the very slow to update content.  Back when the Mooney came out there was a patch or two (the norm) but it literally didn't come out on Marketplace for weeks.  Weeks.  Carenado had it ready but MS wouldn't update their store.  Oh, not to mention sometimes when you want to update, you have to delete your product, reboot your PC, and hope that it doesn't freeze on update.  I still can't use the Seminole even after a total reinstall.  It's just the stupid rigmarole you (sometimes) have to go through to make things work properly.  

Oh also, buying from the developer directly is better for them.  I think I unofficially read MS takes 40% from the dev.

Marketplace was a good idea but poorly executed.

Edited by ryanbatcund

|Ryan Butterworth|

| i7 4790K@4.4GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA GTX 1080Ti | ASUS Z97-Pro | 1TB 860 Evo | 500GB 840 Evo Win10 Pro | 1TB Samsung 7200rpm | Seasonic X750W |

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marsman2020 said:

There is now (as of Sim Update 3) a CG slider for every aircraft in the fuel/weight window, so I think you might be able to fix it there.  I don't have the Waco though.

Never even thought of that... Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jpe828 said:

 I was hoping Milviz would get the 310 out soon.

I know what your mean, I'm still jonesing hard for a good twin.

  • Like 2

i9-9900KF | GTX1070 | 32GB DDR4 | Win 10 Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I'm just one of those naysayers but I don't like buying from the Marketplace.  It may have changed but you used to not get a receipt of what you bought.  People were having troubles getting their products again.  But it is correct that you can't edit the things we could edit in FSX/P3D/XP11 from their aircraft.  The marketplace locks those files out in some .fsarchive file.  It's a DRM thing I guess.  So forget about doing any FDE fixes like we used to do.

The worst part Marketplace (aside from their poorly designed UI), is the very slow to update content.  Back when the Mooney came out there was a patch or two (the norm) but it literally didn't come out on Marketplace for weeks.  Weeks.  Carenado had it ready but MS wouldn't update their store.  Oh, not to mention sometimes when you want to update, you have to delete your product, reboot your PC, and hope that it doesn't freeze on update.  I still can't use the Seminole even after a total reinstall.  It's just the stupid rigmarole you (sometimes) have to go through to make things work properly.  

Oh also, buying from the developer directly is better for them.  I think I unofficially read MS takes 40% from the dev.

Marketplace was a good idea but poorly executed.

just...wow. Very disappointing.

Well I know myself and I know Carenado so there's no way I am going to buy a model that won't allow me to edit the flight handling. I guess Carenado doesn't want the customer service hassles and dealing with the refunds so they opted to go exclusive with the ms store thing. 

In all the years I've been gaming I only purchased one thing from the MS store (Forza Horizon 4) and reinstalling several months after I had uninstalled it, was a royal PITA.

I'll pass then too...unless they actually build something that fly's amazingly accurate. I may not need all the systems modeled, but I for sure require a stellar flight model at the very least.

Thanks Ryan.

Edited by hangar
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, remilton said:

I know what your mean, I'm still jonesing hard for a good twin.

We need a steam gauge (nicely equipped), de ice equipped, decently fast (No seminole), decently modelled systems, Twin. This Seneca may fit the bill until someone provides a higher fidelity airplane. If it is like the Mooney, I can live with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the JF Arrow III Carenado planes for me fell into an all too familiar place. They all feel like you're flying the same exact plane as the last one


ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hangar said:

just...wow. Very disappointing.

Well I know myself and I know Carenado so there's no way I am going to buy a model that won't allow me to edit the flight handling. I guess Carenado doesn't want the customer service hassles and dealing with the refunds so they opted to go exclusive with the ms store thing. 

In all the years I've been gaming I only purchased one thing from the MS store (Forza Horizon 4) and reinstalling several months after I had uninstalled it, was a royal PITA.

I'll pass then too...unless they actually build something that fly's amazingly accurate. I may not need all the systems modeled, but I for sure require a stellar flight model at the very least.

Thanks Ryan.

I quite agree. And the first thing I do with any Carenado airframe is start pulling the aircraft.cfg and Flight Tuning to pieces to get it right.


Intel Devil's Canyon 4790K@4.6, EVGA 1080 Ti Gaming OC, 16 GB 2300Mhz and a bunch of SSD's to run it all. And wings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chock said:

Yup, this is true:

kNTWoaF.png

Yup, and its totally porked, porcupined, buggered, bugged. Its gone largely unoticed, but ever since they introduced that new CG UI, its been bugged. The sim on certain instaces (nearly always), upon loading a plane, disregard the empty CG entirely and resets it to LEMAC (leading edge). Obviously, if you fly a trycycle, you might not even notice, but its very noticeable on taildraggers, specially ones that have a big 'ol engine in the front. Most reliable way to solve it, is to load another livery, or another plane in the menu, then go back to your intended plane. Its the reason why we are getting reports of the taildragger bush trips feeling weird lately, as you cant even access that menu in bushtrips. Its also the reason why Milviz asks to manually set your Cg for the Corsair.

If your having way too many troubles on taildraggers, that the first thing you should check.

Asobo found and fixed the bug, but it still pending release  (next sim update).

 

If you'r lucky, you might even see it happen right in front of your eyes, select a plane, go to that menu, everythings look godd until "poof", everything resets on its own, throwing the CG WAY out of limits.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leprechaunlive said:

Most reliable way to solve it, is to load another livery, or another plane in the menu, then go back to your intended plane

Great tip & thank you for mentioning the issue because I had no idea there was such a glaring problem that effects us all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, hangar said:

Great tip & thank you for mentioning the issue because I had no idea there was such a glaring problem that effects us all.

its a sneaky one i'll give you that! but im develloping a tail dragger, so i noticed right away 5 minutes into the update 😄

Edited by leprechaunlive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, styckx said:

After the JF Arrow III Carenado planes for me fell into an all too familiar place. They all feel like you're flying the same exact plane as the last one

I feel the same. I like have the Seminole and the Mooney and since getting the JF Arrow, I have barely flown the Carenado's. They lack so much compared to the JF Arrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    48%
    $12,180.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...