Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

Airport Regional Environment X Europe by LatinVFR Released!

As with the North American one, it's purely cosmetic, there's no new interactions or anything, it just replaces the models with more regional appropriate ones..

I haven't bought this one yet, but I own the American one, and the models and texture on that one are great, so I imagine this will be the same quality (and is based on the screenshots)

https://latinvfr.com/products/airport-regional-environment-x-europe-for-msfs

• Replacement of ground services vehicles with customized and more realistic for the region at ALL airports in all Europe.
  • Customized sounds of the different engines and animation situations.
  • 7 regions of Europe independently customized, Artic, the UK, France, Mediterranean West, Central Europe/ Germanic, Mediterranean East, and Russia.
  • Different logos for the companies that provide airport services in Europe.
  • Realistic catering truck used in the regions, with the logos of the most important airport catering companies.
  • Customized push back truck depicting regional companies.
  • Customized and regional types of vehicle traffic, that make the airport environment more realistic and according to vehicles used in the region.
  • Uses the default system of calling ground services, no external apps or files needed.
  • No negative impact on performance.
Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

I've long been a huge fan of anything LatinVFR does, but after working with the owner Ricardo I was an even BIGGER Fan!  Ricardo knows how to treat customers!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Anyone tried this yet? 

Yup. It's a no brainer for anyone who wants a more realistic-looking airport environment for a small monetary cost, yet no cost in terms of affecting the sim's performance. Note that it is a couple of quid cheaper buying direct via the developer's site than it is at Simmarket. Installation is simple although you do need to do so via their Contrail app (should have called it Chemtrail - that was an opportunity missed).

It ends up in the community folder at 877 Mb in size. Generally speaking it's a big visual improvement. It's not absolutely 100 percent super-duper accurate, because it still has to work within the confines of the default MSFS system, but like FS2Crew's Pushback Express which also has to work with those constraints, it does make things considerably more like they are in real life.

8yT6thd.png

I could point out that the DBTs and EBTs should probably be Mulags and Charlattes, and the GPUs and belts should be chocked, or that the GPU should have its towing arm up when on the aeroplane because that is what activates the wheel brake and there is also an electrical cut-out on the GPU which prevents you from starting it when the towing arm is down lol, but I will say that the GPU with the Menzies logo is indeed an exact model of a type they use, so they got that bang on and the other stuff is visually very close to the real thing as well. But whoever chucked those bags on those trailers like you see in this picture would have got a right earful off everyone working on the aeroplane, you can get nearly fifty bags on one of those trailers if you do it properly and you would never let the passengers see their bags being treated in that kind of slapdash fashion, because it would be on youtube in a matter of minutes, and you'd get sacked if you were the rampie responsible for that.

Strictly speaking, on this picture, the ground power should be coming from the FEP cable from the jet bridge on this stand at Manchester (49), rather than via a GPU, although sometimes the FEP can break and then a GPU would indeed be used, so it's not absolutely unknown to see a GPU on these stands.

All of this stuff I'm mentioning is being super-picky and in reality, I don't mind these things at all and would certainly recommend this add-on to anyone who fancies a bit more realism at their European airports.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 5

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

21 minutes ago, Chock said:

Yup. It's a no brainer for anyone who wants a more realistic-looking airport environment for a small monetary cost, yet no cost in terms of affecting the sim's performance. Note that it is a couple of quid cheaper buying direct via the developer's site than it is at Simmarket. Installation is simple although you do need to do so via their Contrail app (should have called it Chemtrail - that was an opportunity missed).

It ends up in the community folder at 877 Mb in size. Generally speaking it's a big visual improvement. It's not absolutely 100 percent super-duper accurate, because it still has to work within the confines of the default MSFS system, but like FS2Crew's Pushback Express which also has to work with those constraints, it does make things considerably more like they are in real life.

I could point out that the DBTs and EBTs should probably be Mulags and Charlattes, and the GPUs and belts should be chocked, or that the GPU should have its towing arm up when on the aeroplane because that is what activates the wheel brake and there is also an electrical cut-out on the GPU which prevents you from starting it when the towing arm is down lol, but I will say that the GPU with the Menzies logo is indeed an exact model of a type they use, so they got that bang on and the other stuff is visually very close to the real thing as well. But whoever chucked those bags on those trailers like you see in this picture would have got a right earful off everyone working on the aeroplane, you can get nearly fifty bags on one of those trailers if you do it properly and you would never let the passengers see their bags being treated in that kind of slapdash fashion, because it would be on youtube in a matter of minutes, and you'd get sacked if you were the rampie responsible for that.

Strictly speaking, on this picture, the ground power should be coming from the FEP cable from the jet bridge on this stand at Manchester (49), rather than via a GPU, although sometimes the FEP can break and then a GPU would indeed be used, so it's not absolutely unknown to see a GPU on these stands.

All of this stuff I'm mentioning is being super-picky and in reality, I don't mind these things at all and would certainly recommend this add-on to anyone who fancies a bit more realism at their European airports.

Thanks for your reply and your report on this - looks and reads realy interesting, think i would get the x-europe msfs Pack..

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Also, the Europe version is more advanced in that you don't have to configure anything.  The US version probably needs to be updated to make it more like the Europe version.

• Like 1

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Bought it. Looks decent. Comes with a silly install app that I immediately uninstalled after activating the scenery.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, DMullert said:

Also, the Europe version is more advanced in that you don't have to configure anything.  The US version probably needs to be updated to make it more like the Europe version.

I don't think this addon is doing anything different compared to the North American one. It's just Europe has more defined regions in the sim then North America does. They can only replace the vehicles per region if I understand correctly.

This is from their forums

http://www.latinvfr.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=847

cp4H3da.png

http://www.latinvfr.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=923

yzSs16V.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 1

I've just bought this and it works great in Europe but when I start at any UK based large airport (MSF2020 default or 3rd party) all of the ground vehicles are the generic MSFS2020 base ones.

It has been stated that this should work in the UK but doesn't seem to for me.

I deleted and reinstalled the app in between reboots to no avail.

To be fair to LatinVFR I've only just posted this on their forum too with the hope of some support.

56 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Bought it. Looks decent. Comes with a silly install app that I immediately uninstalled after activating the scenery.

😀

5 minutes ago, Quaere Verum said:

I've just bought this and it works great in Europe but when I start at any UK based large airport (MSF2020 default or 3rd party) all of the ground vehicles are the generic MSFS2020 base ones.

It has been stated that this should work in the UK but doesn't seem to for me.

I deleted and reinstalled the app in between reboots to no avail.

To be fair to LatinVFR I've only just posted this on their forum too with the hope of some support.

Interesting. Let me check EGKK again. Are you using any airport mods?

1 hour ago, DMullert said:

What do you mean?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hi Dj,

No airport mods and I've used Maccosims EGCC as well as MKVY's excellent EGKK (my local airport) for third party airports. I also tried the MSFS2020 default EGLL.

I've has a very prompt response from Ricardo over at LatinVFR which I'm grateful for and I'm going to send him a couple of screenshots.

Cheers

Terry

2.5 miles SE of EGKK

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DMullert said:

The reason we have certain airlines on certain regions of AREX Europe is that for example, we know by a fact that the Air France group is very dominant in France, therefore we threw in AFR liveries, they pop out randomly. The same for Central Europe we decided to give Lufthansa some priority and mix in with swissport. The same with Russia and Greece. With the UK and Mediterranean West its complicated knowing that there are few very dominant airlines there.

For the North American pack, its very complex since there are so many airlines in this region that are dominant on certain airports. That's why we made possible a version that allows for airline selection.

We have requested ASOBO for the possibility of allowing us to choose depending on certain airports what liveries we want and such. Presently a region can have hundreds of airports so its a gamble.

Thanks to all for the support and feedback!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Quaere Verum said:

Hi Dj,

No airport mods and I've used Maccosims EGCC as well as MKVY's excellent EGKK (my local airport) for third party airports. I also tried the MSFS2020 default EGLL.

I've has a very prompt response from Ricardo over at LatinVFR which I'm grateful for and I'm going to send him a couple of screenshots.

Cheers

Terry

2.5 miles SE of EGKK

We have replied to you on our forums. The picture posted by Chock shows what you should have in the UK.

Hi Ricardo,

This sounds like something local to me then if Chock is not having any problems.

I'll keep you posted, I'm going to clear out my community folder and start from there.

Many Thanks

Terry

2.5 miles SE of EGKK