Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

JF Arrow DME Issue

All of a sudden, the DME display will not light up in the Arrow 3. It was working a week or so ago. I suspect the latest update, anyone else see this? 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Works fine here . Did you turn it on? Also do you have any biding for avionic switch?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

4 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Works fine here . Did you turn it on? Also do you have any biding for avionic switch?

I turned it on, and no bindings for avionics that I know of, will have to check if there is one for DME , GPS works fine ( 530) 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

22 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I turned it on, and no bindings for avionics that I know of, will have to check if there is one for DME , GPS works fine ( 530) 

Can you ty to go to JF tablet and recycle GPS config? It helped me once bring avionic alive!

7 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Can you ty to go to JF tablet and recycle GPS config? It helped me once bring avionic alive!

Tried that, NG, DME is as dead as a door nail. Did you use the 4.0a upgrade or just 4.0...? Anyway, I put a ticket in with JF. 

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Tried that, NG, DME is as dead as a door nail. Did you use the 4.0a upgrade or just 4.0...? Anyway, I put a ticket in with JF. 

Frankly I'm not sure I have to check. I updated next day after receiving JF email

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

DME is as dead as a door nail.

4.0a here and DME is alive and kicking.. :cool:

Bert

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and now everything is working.. 

43 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

4.0a here and DME is alive and kicking.. :cool:

You've got a new profile pic!!!

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

That indeed is a good question. No changelog for 0.4.0a.

An regarding the DME. Is it possible that you are using the GNS530 layout? The DME is misplaced and overlapped by the ADF unit. Thats a bug for sure. Attached you will see a screenshot with the very small clickspot to activate it. Sadly one can't fix the panel.cfg anymore with ease like in the past. Same goes why the hell is the Garmin 100 on the side of the 750? Makes no sense at all. Hope the next update will fix it.

Cheers

Thorsten

unknown.png?width=1202&height=676

Edited by Torsen

5 hours ago, Torsen said:

That indeed is a good question. No changelog for 0.4.0a.

An regarding the DME. Is it possible that you are using the GNS530 layout? The DME is misplaced and overlapped by the ADF unit. Thats a bug for sure. Attached you will see a screenshot with the very small clickspot to activate it. Sadly one can't fix the panel.cfg anymore with ease like in the past. Same goes why the hell is the Garmin 100 on the side of the 750? Makes no sense at all. Hope the next update will fix it.

Cheers

Thorsten

unknown.png?width=1202&height=676

You are right, I never noticed that switch cause it is overlapped  by the ADF below it. I guess when I reinstalled it, the default was back on. Somehow it had turned itself off.