Sign in to follow this  
Guest j_merv

Nice MD 80 panel...but where's the plane?

I love Spada's panel, but is there a plane to go with it for FSX? Stan

Guest diajohn2

Look in your simobject, aircraft folder and there it is.Of course, I found the panel doesn't work for me.

Without side views, what is the point of a 2d panel? As I have said before, the MS failure to allow cockpit side views will put panel developers and aircraft developers out of business. Sure there will be people that just want the view straight ahead view but I think most want the ability to look around. That is one of the reasons that vc's are so popular. Well with aircraft that do not have vc's a 2d panel with side views is the only workable option for me.This is the biggest issue for me in FSX and I think it was a bad decision on the part of ACES. When I had active camera, I had the features of the new camera system and 2d panel side views. Of all of the things I remember people begging for in FSX, I can't remember anyone saying that the needed the camera system reworked.BTW, I am not knocking the panel. I would have installed it in a second if ACES hadn't screwed things up so bad. Now, I'll just have to wait until a MD80 is available with a vc or one of the payware ones becomes FSX compliant.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Guest FALC

>Without side views, what is the point of a 2d panel? As I>have said before, the MS failure to allow cockpit side views>will put panel developers and aircraft developers out of>business. They had to make room for the giraffes, elephants, panda bears,birds and ripply water. You know all of that stuff reallypertinent to flight. Something had to go.

Guest kilotango

Stan.You have to wait. Shortly some ac maker will make the default fly, or make someone even better.

All you need in the MD83 is the panel folder and either a sound folder or an aliased sound folder. It flies well. Regards, Bob.

>went to Hawaii, who needs 2D side views!:) I do. I am not sitting on the wing tip. I am in the cockpit. Nice pics though. I just did a nice flight in the PMDG 1900C from PHNL to Kona. It was very a very nice flight.Look, I'm not throwing FSX just because they changes the camera system. I just think it was a very bad ideal to change it. It would have been really nice to be able to port over all of my panels and aircraft and begin flying in FSX as I did in FS2000, FS2002 and FS2004.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Each new version of Flight Simulator takes a lot of work. It's never simple. I spent a year tweaking FS9 before it worked right for me and I had a powerful high end system at that time. The CTDs in FS9 use to be-devil me until fixes were found. There's always adjustement. FSX has a lot to offer. We are just beginning to figure out how to milk it. The camera views are really nice if you work on them and adjust them to your taste.By the way the non VC planes I import to FSX give slightly better frame rates than the default VC heavy planes.Check out CLS' cool tail camera view for their A340-500 and 600.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/164742.jpgAnd my own engine view on the 500http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/164743.jpgLee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

>Without side views, what is the point of a 2d panel? Hello Jeff,I don't think I have ever understood what you mean when you say "there are no 2D side panels in FSX". I want to understand so please help me out:When you are in, say, the default FSX A321, and you are in the 2D panel, if you press SHIFT-keypad6, the sim shows a "look right" view, and in this view you see the co-pilot's seat, side window, etc.Isn't that a 2D sideview?Or are you talking about something else?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest j_merv

>>went to Hawaii, who needs 2D side views!:) >>I do. I am not sitting on the wing tip. I am in the cockpit.>Nice pics though. I just did a nice flight in the PMDG 1900C>from PHNL to Kona. It was very a very nice flight.>>Look, I'm not throwing FSX just because they changes the>camera system. I just think it was a very bad ideal to change>it. It would have been really nice to be able to port over all>of my panels and aircraft and begin flying in FSX as I did in>FS2000, FS2002 and FS2004.I'll gladly give up the 2d side views (they're dumb, anyway) for the great enhancements we've been given in FsX.I don't buy a plane for the "side views", I buy it for the functionality and implementation of systems.Take your 2d side views and your simpleton aircraft and enjoy FS9.