Sign in to follow this  
noels7

MSFS 2020 Side by side configuration error

I am a novice regarding installing your traffic programs but am following the tutorial (PSXT_MSFS.pdf). I get so far and this is where my problem starts:

1. Install and Run AILG_MSFS. I get this result: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xtAnAdljfA9Oq6O2Em0USOOYstM2lE5M/view?usp=sharing and

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oFX-YVLhMIZqt7iYWchk-WNNk0wvcPv8/view?usp=sharing  Is this correct and am I doing something incorrectly?

2. Should I leave AILG_MSFS and PPG_MSFS running in the taskbar?

3. Everything is done till I get to Para 5. I Install and Run PSXT_MSFS and am confronted with:

Red Cross  with the following: C:\PSXT_MSFS\PSXT_MSFS.exe

the application has failed to start because its side - by - side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the

command - line sxtrace.exe tool for more detail.           There is no log in  C:\PSXT_MSFS. What am I doing wrong or am I missing something that is obvious?

Read FAQ 12, downloaded SimConnect.msi but problem persisted. Required file now wanted msvcp140_atomic_wait.dll downloaded and installed in C:\PSXT_MSFS.

4. I am now able to run  PSXT_MSFS and ADSBSetup.exe but with traffic setting as per 4 in PSXT_MSFS.pdf I see no aircraft at YSSY, KSFO KJFK.

Any assistance/advice would be appreciated.

Noel Southam

noels7

Edited by kiek

Noel Southam

1. I have no access to the documents, but I assume everything went well .

2. No, you may leave those tools, they are only needed once for the time being.

3. See FAQ 12..........

4. No problem, the Data Provider is allowed access to PSXT after PSXT is connected to MSFS. You have not reached that point yet.

Your only problem is FAQ 12, but that is easy to solve. See my website for the FAQ or the \docs folder.

Have fun with PSXT!

Nico