Sign in to follow this  
grandfred29

Taxi2gate LFPG release

Don't know how I feel about this one.
Happy to see P3D still receiving new products and/or updates, especially the large airports.

Yet, T2G are charging €18 (incl. tax) for the update from their old LFPG.
FlyTampa's YSSY (or indeed EKCH) also included PBR textures everywhere and gave significant updates, all for $15.58 (incl. tax), which is around €10.80.
For 60% of the cost of this T2G update, FT's updates seem to be the far better value-for-money offering.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

this update work's like I dream on my system ( 9700k,1080ti, 32 ram , nvme 's plus ssd's bla bla bla ), yes agreed not cheap update but taxi2gate are a premier dev ( in my opinion ) and so far its like butter , but that's  just me , iam still on 1080p and I don't have crazy settings , I guess its up to you . for me having a major European hub airport gives me choices with FSlabs 😉

• Like 1

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

2 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

Yeah, because its pretty easy for a two guys project liek Taxi2Gate to test every small tiny thing  of an huge airport like LFPG or paying a whole BETA team which still won't find all problems.  

people would beta it for free, hell they are paying to beta testing it. 

Let me remind you,  a handfull of people just found the sode issues in less than 3 hours after release, same as when aerosoft release a scenery with an incorrect ils freq.  sorry Joe its just sloppiness and a need to get to market to make some bucks.

let us also not forget it wasnt a new release it was a scrub up of an exisiting scenery. 

as mentioned before ill bang on and on until these delevlopers stop releasing unfinished scenery with bugs and glitches like this and take some pride in their work (like a vrey few other developers)     

Again, less than 3 hours.  Sloppiness. Sorry but Its as simple as that.      

• Upvote 2

14ppkc-6.png

Not really impressed, installed the update previously had the other scenery which I uninstalled prior. Below is what I'm seeing, and my scenery library index. 

Taxi2-Gate-CDG.png

Scenery-Lib.png

No way to contact them via forums or support either. 😣

Is this difficult to solve?

2021-4-21-11-34-38-805.png

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4

I love all the people coming on here whining and nitpicking this release. Did you all forget we hardly get any P3D scenery anymore, like close to zero releases? Yet when one comes out, a major one at that,  you all can't help but focus on the negatives.  The price of one lunch is what it costs yet some in here acting like they have to take out a bloody bank loan. Be grateful T2G is still giving us stuff for what many developers consider a dead platform. If you want to nitpick it to death,  go find mirror to talk to because that is the only person you will find cares.

• Like 3

Eric 

MSFS is dead to me too, so...

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4

26 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I love all the people coming on here whining and nitpicking this release. Did you all forget we hardly get any P3D scenery anymore, like close to zero releases? Yet when one comes out, a major one at that,  you all can't help but focus on the negatives.  The price of one lunch is what it costs yet some in here acting like they have to take out a bloody bank loan. Be grateful T2G is still giving us stuff for what many developers consider a dead platform. If you want to nitpick it to death,  go find mirror to talk to because that is the only person you will find cares.

What a rubbish take.
The suggestion boils down to accepting products in any unfinished/sloppy state just because we don't get that many in P3D any more.

Well, P3D has the following add-ons in the pipeline:

• Flightbeam: NZAA and LFBO
  • MK-Studios: LIRF, LPPD, GCFV (v2), EFRO, GVSV, LPPR, EICK and EKVG (v2)
  • Orbx: KBOI, KPBI, LDSP, LKPR, ENTO, KVNY, YMEN (v2), ESSB and even another TrueEarth product.

And a lot of these will be to a higher standard than T2G's latest efforts.

Edited by F737NG
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

Eric , do you like a  Mcdonalds once in a while ??  if so what would you do if you kept getting given cold fries ?

Ill telll you the reason I ask,  Once in a blue moon (because im not a huge fan of burgers) ill go to Mcdonalds and treat myself to a burger and fries.  

Now mcdonalds has a habit of this, (as they employee 16 year olds who dont give a toss about the food or the job, they just want the money.)   So when the food comes, if the fries are cold or the burger has just been thrown in the box / paper and looks like junk,  it goes straight back and I ask for another one, I dont mess about.  I worked for that burger, they have taken my money, I expect a certain level of service and standard that if I dont get it I  ask to see the manager.  

Do I sound like an word not allowed.  definatley, but dont do the job if you cant or wont provide a certain standard.  we dont accept sloppiness where I work, so why should I have to accept cold fries from mcdonalds or half baked unchecked stuff from Aerosoft, Orbx or Taxi2gate.  Its no different to cold fries from Mcdonalds.

All I want is some fresh hot fries and a half decent burger) im not asking for the best burger and fries in the world, I just want an acceptable standard of work, and that means a quick check of your work to see if the sode jettys line up or a 2 min check to see if you have copy and pasted the afcad frequency is correct (aerosoft numerous times)  or a quick load up at night to see the dynamic lighting brings your system to 15 fps (orbx)     

Now wether that maybe some £5 burger and Fries, (or a $18 for a updated scenery)  The Issue is I can ask for the manager in Mcdonalds and get some decent service/standard,  but once youve given taxi2gate/aerosoft/orbx that $18 its gone you cant get your money back.  Youre stuck with the cold fries in essence.

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

3 hours ago, B777ER said:

Honestly such a stupid comment. If you pay for a product you pay for a functional one, take a look at my screenshot.

Be happy with a non-functioning product? What era do you live in?

13 hours ago, kavs8 said:

Not really impressed, installed the update previously had the other scenery which I uninstalled prior. Below is what I'm seeing, and my scenery library index. 

Taxi2-Gate-CDG.png

Scenery-Lib.png

No way to contact them via forums or support either. 😣

I have this same issue.  Using FTX Global and Orbx Open LC Europe.  I tried rearranging the layers but no luck so far.  I am also missing terminal K even though the jet bridges are there. Since their forum is down I did a google search and it would appear they had similar issues in older versions but I haven't been able to figure it out yet.  I never had these issues in P3dv4.  I may try the inibuilds exclude file to see if that makes any difference.  If you find a solution please let us know and I will do the same!  WIth that said what is working looks great.  

• Like 1

Try Taxi2Gate facebook page by searching google, also did you look in scenery data folder and set config program? 

16 minutes ago, toddl said:

I have this same issue.  Using FTX Global and Orbx Open LC Europe.  I tried rearranging the layers but no luck so far.  I am also missing terminal K even though the jet bridges are there. Since their forum is down I did a google search and it would appear they had similar issues in older versions but I haven't been able to figure it out yet.  I never had these issues in P3dv4.  I may try the inibuilds exclude file to see if that makes any difference.  If you find a solution please let us know and I will do the same!  WIth that said what is working looks great.  

I'm the same here, I found an email and sent off the issue so hopefully I hear back, should I, I will communicate it here.

3 minutes ago, greggd said:

Try Taxi2Gate facebook page by searching google, also did you look in scenery data folder and set config program? 

Yep, set it to FTX in the config program and the result was as shown seems an error on their side.

On 4/20/2021 at 4:03 AM, mikealpha said:

Looks very good  at daytime, but the night lighting looks like FSX. Just dull, no dynamic lights.

The new one?  Is this correct...no dynamic lighting??

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

19 minutes ago, w6kd said:

The new one?  Is this correct...no dynamic lighting??

I can't answer your question.  But I did see in another forum that inibuilds is finishing up a DL addon for this one. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next