Sign in to follow this  
grandfred29

Taxi2gate LFPG release

1 hour ago, kavs8 said:

Honestly such a stupid comment. If you pay for a product you pay for a functional one, take a look at my screenshot.

Be happy with a non-functioning product? What era do you live in?

Everything is functional with my install after the Sode fix. What is actually broken vs. nitpicking crying because you don't like the way it looks to you?

Eric 

18 hours ago, sonny147 said:

this update work's like I dream on my system ( 9700k,1080ti, 32 ram , nvme 's plus ssd's bla bla bla ), yes agreed not cheap update but taxi2gate are a premier dev ( in my opinion ) and so far its like butter , but that's  just me , iam still on 1080p and I don't have crazy settings , I guess its up to you . for me having a major European hub airport gives me choices with FSlabs 😉

In fact just to add the whole SIM is butter smooth don't no why , latest W10 updates ? The only change I've made in SIM is gone from 2048 to 1024 textures , can't see much difference visually , but performance is very good !!! Weird

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

1 hour ago, w6kd said:

The new one?  Is this correct...no dynamic lighting??

I think so, yes. For me it looks like there is no dynamic lighting at all. Look at the night Screenshot at their Simmarket product page, there is only one. Should be obvious. 

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

Everything is functional with my install after the Sode fix. What is actually broken vs. nitpicking crying because you don't like the way it looks to you?

Can you actually look at the picture instead of typing up random statements that benefit noone?

Apparently having a scenery like this is considered nit-picking lol. 

p3d-cdg.png

4 minutes ago, kavs8 said:

Apparently having a scenery like this is considered nit-picking lol. 

p3d-cdg.png

Looks like you or the author of this picture has an elevation issue related to Orbx Global Vector. Have you run Vector to try to fix it (Airport Elevation Correction)?

• Like 1

- TONY -

Just now, Simicro said:

Looks like you or the author of this picture has an elevation issue related to Orbx Global Vector. Have you run Vector to try to fix it (Airport Elevation Correction)?

I'm using P3D V5, ORBX no longer has the Airport Elevation Correction app. However, after running Help in the ORBX Menu which usually detecs elevation issues this remains uncorrected.

I should point out that in previous P3D V4 sceneries that requried you to run the Airport Elevation Correction, none of these require this in V5 with ORBX as it auto detects.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kavs8 said:

I'm using P3D V5, ORBX no longer has the Airport Elevation Correction app. However, after running Help in the ORBX Menu which usually detecs elevation issues this remains uncorrected.

I should point out that in previous P3D V4 sceneries that requried you to run the Airport Elevation Correction, none of these require this in V5 with ORBX as it auto detects.

kavs8,

I found a fix for me.  In the configurator I checked 3d grass and everything worked.  Terminal K there, no elevation issues.  Also selected spring for the season although not sure that matters.  Try it and see if it works for you and let us know.  Thanks!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, toddl said:

kavs8,

I found a fix for me.  In the configurator I checked 3d grass and everything worked.  Terminal K there, no elevation issues.  Also selected spring for the season although not sure that matters.  Try it and see if it works for you and let us know.  Thanks!

Taxi2Gate just got in contact and confirmed it was an error on their side caused by selecting 3D Grass to off, they will be updating the Installer shortly for all (I turn off 3D Grass to ensure stable performance).

Hopefully inibuilds will be along soon with the DL update. 🙂 

Edited by kavs8
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kavs8 said:

Taxi2Gate just got in contact it was an error on their side caused by selecting 3D Grass to off, they will be updating the Installer shortly for all (I turn off 3D Grass to ensure stable performance), they sent me the fix and it works!

Hopefully inibuilds will be along soon with the DL update. 🙂 

👍  Thanks for the heads up!

@kavs8 : I don't have V5 so I cannot help more but I'm sure that if the issue is on T2G side, it will be resolved soon. However I aknowkedge it's not easy to reach their support. EDIT: apparently you reached them and they replied quickly. Good!

@all: nowadays, I am not aware of a complex scenery (typically big airports like LFPG) that comes out of the box issue-free. You know, T2G is not the latest scenery developer coming out from nowhere. So I am confident that if there are issues on their sides, they will fix soon. For example, with their recent Indianapolis, there was a fps issue that was fixed quickly. After that I have not seen other complaints or issues reported by users on this forum.

Edited by Simicro
  • Like 2

- TONY -

Back to the drawing board with the issue of missing central infrastructure and Terminal K, even after applying the fix the issue remains (With either 3D Grass OFF or ON).

T2G investigating for those suffering from the same issue. 

• Like 1

kavs8, thanks for reporting the progress with T2G.

• Like 1

- TONY -

Update - The config manager seems to be making a mess of the scenery. If you change 3D Grass to off, the issue occurs but reselecting on doesn't correct the problem. Manually switching all Grass BGL's from OFF to ON fixes the problem, obviously meaning 3D Grass must be on - This should be fixed shortly.

Some others may have noticed bleed through in Terrain, I noticed this at T1 where the grass surrounding the T1 terminal can show bleed in certain locations, another user shared an image of some bridges leaving a lot to be desired. They are looking at this now as I supplied images of the problem and my P3D settings.

Good to see T2G looking at these problems, despite another user’s dismissal of issues having a good stable product does wonders for a company’s reputation especially at a Mega Airport like CDG, I won't hesitate to purchase future updates as a result.