Sign in to follow this  
grandfred29

Taxi2gate LFPG release

7 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

i have not installed this scenery yet so can't comment specifically, but for anybody having elevation issues I would highly recommend you use Little NavMap to see what airport information bgl files (including AFCAD and altitude corrections) are being loaded. Sometimes you think you got them all, and then it turns out there is another one hidden somewhere. For those that have never used it, simply install it and when opening it let it scan your scenery library. Then go LFPG and in the airport information tab it will show the scenery files from which it takes information. Very useful function that has helped me many times to suss out problems with default buildings, elevation issues, misaligned parking spots, etc. All this is just to rule out that the problem is not really on your end due to some conflict.

That's a very fair comment Benjamin!

As you suggested, I ran my scenery library through LittleNavMap to look for conflicts...none found.

After 2-1/2 days, no feedback yet from T2G on my support email request. (Perhaps they don't work weekends following the release of an upgrade?)

In general, I do like T2G's sceneries...this one...not so much!

T2G Scenery airports tend to have more than one entry in the scenery folder and they should be installed with on the 4.5 version LFPG-TERRAIN bottom LFPG-LAYERUP middle LFPG top in the scenery order.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

3 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

T2G Scenery airports tend to have more than one entry in the scenery folder and they should be installed with on the 4.5 version LFPG-TERRAIN bottom LFPG-LAYERUP middle LFPG top in the scenery order.

The manual does not have it that way - per the manual it should be LFPG - Terrain bottom, LFPG middle and LFPG - Layerup on top.

Joe Lorenc

3 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

Thank you for the feedback!

The documentation that came with the scenery states installation (layer) order as: LFPG-Layerup, LFPG, then LFPG-Terrain. It struck me as odd as well.

I removed the scenery from my documents folder and used the installer  to install into my P3D directory...it automatically installed in that same order.

Regardless, I tried it both ways (as you suggested) with no difference.

3 hours ago, Joe L said:

The manual does not have it that way - per the manual it should be LFPG - Terrain bottom, LFPG middle and LFPG - Layerup on top.

You are correct with V5 just purchased and installed. Layerup on top.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/51140945974/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/51140387628/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/51140173481/in/dateposted-public/

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

17 hours ago, rmeier said:

That's a very fair comment Benjamin!

As you suggested, I ran my scenery library through LittleNavMap to look for conflicts...none found.

After 2-1/2 days, no feedback yet from T2G on my support email request. (Perhaps they don't work weekends following the release of an upgrade?)

In general, I do like T2G's sceneries...this one...not so much!

LNM does not lie, so if that is what it says, the issue is more than likely with T2G. If they have been alerted, I suppose we just have to wait for a fix... Incidentally this is why I haven't installed the scenery yet. My experience with their recent KIND was such that I assumed that a patch will come out in the shape of a new installer, and if there's anything I hate it is to reinstall stuff 🙄

• Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Even with Inibuilds DL file the airport around the gate areas is way too dark and unrealistic. Shame....

Edited by B777ER
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

14 hours ago, B777ER said:

Even with Inibuilds DL file the airport around the gate areas is way too dark and unrealistic. Shame....

Yup, I fully agree!! 

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Finally got a hold of T2G through FB messenger. By disabling the two bgl's in the LFPG-Layerup folder, I could impact the look of the terrain. Sent T2G a FB message with that info, The elevation issues (for me) were resolved by changing the mesh to 2m.

They are going to update their documentation.

• Upvote 1

The DL is set via effects that can be seen in the ADE file. You can copy and paste those effects where you feel appropriate. 

3 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

The DL is set via effects that can be seen in the ADE file. You can copy and paste those effects where you feel appropriate. 

Not sure what you mean by copy and paste  where appropriate. If using the Inibuilds DL file they say to shut off about 5 or 6 texture files in the texture folder for LFPG. Having done that and installing the Inibuild files, the airport looks like garbage at night with it being way to dark. Are you saying we need to move the effects files somewhere? Your post is lacking in  any sort of detail. 

Eric 

5 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Not sure what you mean by copy and paste  where appropriate. If using the Inibuilds DL file they say to shut off about 5 or 6 texture files in the texture folder for LFPG. Having done that and installing the Inibuild files, the airport looks like garbage at night with it being way to dark. Are you saying we need to move the effects files somewhere? Your post is lacking in  any sort of detail. 

I assume that an user know how do deal with the ADE. Open LFPG_A4. bgl file with the ADE program and you will find many grey triangles called SPOT3_T2G.fx. These are DL effects. You may copy these effects as objects and place them anywhere at the airport, especially where lighting poles are present. 

How’s the scenery now ?

have the dynamic lighting/ texture and SODE issues been fixed? Are they included in the new installer ? 

should we disable some bgl in the layer up folder ? 

1 hour ago, cmdn said:

How’s the scenery now ?

have the dynamic lighting/ texture and SODE issues been fixed? Are they included in the new installer ? 

should we disable some bgl in the layer up folder ? 

When I communicated with T2G, the mesh resolution setting has to be set to 2m for the tunnels/terrain to work correctly for this scenery. Np changes required to any bgl files.  A separate exe file was released (on their FB page) to address the SODE issue (link in this thread). Haven't done any night flying into/out of this airport yet to comment on DL or taxi lighting.

On 4/27/2021 at 5:40 PM, B777ER said:

I hope your not being "picky" now Eric   🙂   you told us off for that 

i normally agree with you.  

14ppkc-6.png