Sign in to follow this  
767lover

who said scenery add-ons would become obsolete?

3 hours ago, in2tech said:

Just like for a ton of people the default aircraft are fine. 

Ironically that is the current MS recommended work around for the multiplayer stutters introduced with the last patch - everyone has to fly default aircraft with default liveries.

Unfortunately if some random turns up at the next airport in a CRJ or corsair or in the WT CJ4 or with a fancy custom livery all bets are off, but so long as you are all flying default with default liveries it actually works, no multiplayer stutters.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

The problem for guys like OrbX is that there's a moving target. I like them, but after the initial release some cities weren't photometric so they were happy to have products to improve them. They even said this is why there was no death of scenery. So they made some products to fix it.

The problem is that the world updates made some of these products useless. So, should they work on Australia? I think an Australia world update is on its way. Is Asobo/MS sharing their world update plans with OrbX? Doesn't seem likely. I think they're going to have to focus on airports, especially bush ones, that are unlikely to ever be covered in detail by the World Updates. Maybe flora and fauna too, which don't seem to be getting a lot of attention. It's great for bush pilots.

16 hours ago, GSalden said:

Here 2 vids : landing at Nice in P3D with FranceVFR PACA 1 (older vid) and MSFS (recorded yesterday).

You can judge for yourself : do Addons enhance the scenery in MSFS or is default good enough ? 

(The landing and taxiing is not perfect as I recorded with my IPhone in one hand and controlled ac with the other)

P3D v4

MSFS:

In the first video how is it possible that we can see physical hands moving the controls ?

1 hour ago, jfri said:

In the first video how is it possible that we can see physical hands moving the controls ?

"Home" cockpit - it's a very impressive one though !!!

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

14 hours ago, Nyxx said:

So much better but 17 FPS, running 2x 4k is for sure not helping. Can you get more head room if you set setting to HIGH as clearly 100 looks terrable your end. You have 75 FPS in your other shots whats making that fail to 17? You have no VC to render.

I found out that the great looking Nice city addon (flightsim.to) of 2.9 Gb was responsible for my low framerate.

If I disable it my lowest franerate making turns over the city at 220 knots / 2200 ft is 55 FPS. That is with LOD terrain at 140 and LOD objects at 130.

Thanks for the remarks as I still have to find the best settings for my setup.

Hopefully a fisheye distortion fix will be introduced in the future so I can install MSFS on my left client too and use WidevieW.

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

20 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

You want us to evaluate the quality of the default scenery in MSFS 2020 by looking at a clip you recorded with your phone? Ooookkkkaayyyyyyy....

What's next? Bose Acoustimass 10 VS B&W Nautilus comparison - recorded with laptop microphone 🙂

This is Nice. Nicer, actually.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

On 4/21/2021 at 12:13 AM, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

There are some addons I fly out of all the time ...

Freeware - 

•  Milford Sound
  • Rotorua  (so pretty)

Payware - 

• Brindas France (soo short .. and has dairy cows and balloons)
  • Princess Juliana St Maarten (with the beach party) and the Orbx Vessels boats addon
  • Dundee Scotland 
  • Southport QLD

Ah, see that's the trick - you need to know which addons are actually fun to fly out of given the aircraft we have available and the surrounding scenery.

I've got about 20 payware airports, mainly Orbx and their partners from when they are are sale. Dundee that you mention here is a good one. I also like some of the Norwegian airports that they sell.

Will have to look into some of your other suggestions. 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

The only payware scenery I have purchased is Meigs Field, because the developer made a series of great free versions available and I wanted to contribute back.  The fact that his 'pro' version is even nicer is just a bonus.  (If I were the head person of MSFS, Meigs would have been in the stock sim as a secret easter egg or something)

In the default sim I can land at a random grass strip in Alaska and taxi up next to the one shed-like building there, and then go on Google maps and see that that one building is there in real life and it's about the same shape and color.... Not sure I need much else. 

I've tried a few freeware bush strips that have been fun, but mostly my Community folder is aircraft and avionics.

Asobo's KLGB is super screwed up which really annoys me since it's my "home airport". Especially since I did a ZenDeck ticket in August and and gave them all the info, latest FAA airport layout docs, etc and then Orbx or whoever was contracted to do the airport updates made it WORSE when they did the US World Update, despite Bing having perfect aerial imagery of the current layout.  There is a freeware KLGB on Flightsim.to but it looks like it has Google photogrammetry stuff in it and I don't want to mess with that.

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

There are some decent Alaskan airports by Northern Sky Studios and DC Scenery design you may want to try, and they aren't very expensive, I think they are more than worth it. Sometimes on sale, maybe another sale soon. Alaska is pretty good, just some bad aerial imagery at times, inconsistent as is most of North America excluding the eastern US.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram