Sign in to follow this  
apollon01

ELLX by JustSim - buyers beware?

Hi all,

few days ago I bought ELLX for MSFS from JustSim as I got this scenery for P3D too and was quite happy with it.

Well... the MSFS version was quite a disappointment for me so I thought my feedback might be useful for potential buyers.

I do like the 3D modelling. Let's put this straight. It seems to be ported over from the P3D version which is fine with me. No complaints here.

However, what in my opinion kills the product is the ground texturing (aprons, taxiways and the runway). There is an obvious tiling of the ground textures and some of them are really low res. Something I did not see in the P3D version and something I would not expect from a commercial scenery (which does not come cheap; I have to say I got a discount since I own one of the earlier versions). The ground texturing is far below the usual freeware content quality. I attached few screenshot for you to judge for yourself:

Ground texture tiling

HWs1p6s01qzEqHZP2vqQRt0ZETVj4UTN_63KcrlY

ro8DaDmIG0fqbyv9N90eak72b3h_pX8LHBAQ8uXC

Low res ground textures

SNY5jhwNYAB0Cgfsb5pNHQUKZTL4mgpbo23DpI5Z

GbY94dy8k_Re6AHwqlWe97RpqJXzEgwky75UF8NS

There is also other issues (elevation, night texturing, incorrect runway profile, out of date taxiways...) but the ground texturing is really sticking out.

I thought whether the issue was just on my side (bad installation; deleted Content.xml... no change), though it seems there's other people having the same remarks: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/airport-ellx-luxembourg/265641/16

I reached out to JustSim to give them this feedback and asked whether it was just a problem with texture layering, bug or feature and whether they were going to address it, however I got no reply. That's why I am bringing it here to let you know.

Please feel free to give your feedback. Thanks!

Edited by apollon01
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

JustSim by far is one of the worse payware developers based on my experience. For the quality they offer vs the price they ask (almost all of their add-ones around 23-25euros), you would expect some good quality but nah, their quality is just meh for that price range and their customer support is close non existent, they even remove comments from their Facebook group. I only buy their airports if there are no any good alternatives (for example EDDL), otherwise I would avoid them at any cost.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I bought EDDS by Just Sim and have ridiculous terrain elevation issues which makes it practically unusable. It's still not been patched. 

Another example of cash grabbing poor quality ports. In my opinion, they have the potential to really damage the addon market. Most people won't get burned twice and will simply stop buying or be far more cautious.

I used to be so excited about addon releases in the past. 

• Like 1

Their P3D stuff was OK, I picked up a good few in their pandemic sales last year. Sad to see they're ripping off customers with this kind of low grade work.

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

How do you think he manages to churn out so many airports so quickly.....

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Awgh, that does look terrible. I had a few of their airports in XP11 and can't remember that I was hugely disappointed then. But this rendition of ELLX will make me think twice before parting with my cash. Thanks for the heads up! 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”