Sign in to follow this  
Juna307

Danke

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Okay everyone, time to chill on the German jokes especially when the member is a newbie.

This somehow reminds me of a famous "Fawlty Towers" episode!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Janov said:

This somehow reminds me of a famous "Fawlty Towers" episode!

As a long time fan of Fawlty Towers I remember the episode well and the other 11.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Funniest line was by the Major to Fawlty talking about a former girlfriend... "I must have been impressed with her because I took her to see India ... at the Oval!" 🤣

Germans may not get that joke. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Very sad that, with today's insistence on PC, Fawlty Towers would probably not be produced.  Even post-Brexit, Manuel from Barcelona would not be allowed. 

I also remember that one soccer game in 2010 when the line was slightly changed to "don´t mention the four!" 😁

As an Englishman, the people who post on Avsim where English is not their native tongue is really impressive, oh and welcome to the OP.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Ein Willkommen auch von mir - Grüsse aus dem Schwabenländle 😎

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Willkommen auf Avsim, von einem Exil-Deutschen.

Well, by now, practically a Canadian 🙂

Cheers,

Peter

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chock said:

Willkommen bei Avsim. Ich bin sicher, Ihr Englisch ist besser als mein Deutsch, aber zum Glück ist es einfach, Dinge über das Internet zu übersetzen. Sei. Also nicht schüchtern, mach mit. 🙂

And for the benefit of the English speakers, that was my terrible attempt to say:

Welcome to Avsim. I'm sure your English is better than my German, but fortunately it's easy to translate stuff via the internet. So don't be shy, join in the fun.

Most Germans can speak English.

1 hour ago, Oldschool61 said:

Most Germans can speak English.

He's getting them mixed up with the French. 😎

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Willkommen auf ASIM.....

.....sagt einer aus Österreich

Karl

• Like 1

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

18 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

He's getting them mixed up with the French. 😎