Sign in to follow this  
Martvl

viewing with right mouse button

Since the last update (1.15.7), I can't use my right mouse button anymore to view around in the cockpit or external view. I tried several options, but without success.

Anybody who can help me to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Mart

It stopped working in the ctrl-1 ... ctrl-9 views focussed on certain parts of the cockpit, however, in the ctrl-space default view it still works. It has one nice side effect: in the focussed views the cockpit doesn't shake anymore so that it's easier to click a button or turn a knob.

But you're right, I don't see the point either in blocking the right-mouse pan functionality either. But please keep these views shake-free as they are now!

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

This whole camera settings driving me crazy. I reset everything, even reinstalled the whole 171GB. Nothing helped. As soon as the I start "start flying" The cockpit is slowly moving to the right. Before the last update it worked fine.

Can also confirm. I tried to understand all of the camera settings and gave up. I just learn to use whatever works (including the mouse switch on the zoom knob?),

knowing it will probably all be redone in a future patch.

Edited by Eclex

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

I know it won't help but holding down the right mouse button works ok here, as well as zooming with the wheel. so it is not broken for all of us, good luck finding the problem. Seems after every update there are new issues.

Jay

5 minutes ago, PIC007 said:

I know it won't help but holding down the right mouse button works ok here, as well as zooming with the wheel. so it is not broken for all of us, good luck finding the problem. Seems after every update there are new issues.

Can you post you camera settings here?

There is a control binding for using the right mouse in the cockpit.  Make sure you didn't lose this one somehow.

Flight-Simulator-1o-TEXaydi-R.png

Edited by kaosfere

2 minutes ago, Martvl said:

Can you post you camera settings here?

Sorry, I am not home now

Jay

37 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

There is a control binding for using the right mouse in the cockpit.  Make sure you didn't lose this one somehow.

Flight-Simulator-1o-TEXaydi-R.png

Thank for the help. Unfortunately it didn't help. When I right press the mouse, it show "free look" but the camera is not moving.

4 hours ago, Martvl said:

Since the last update (1.15.7), I can't use my right mouse button anymore to view around in the cockpit or external view. I tried several options, but without success.

Anybody who can help me to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Mart

It works here. Does the central button work?

The latest version is 1.15.8 by the way. 

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

It is tricky but it works. Reset with CTL-SPACE if you have used an instrument view.  Also make sure the sim is in-focus: I found the hard way as I had been using map or pushback helper in a separate window. I had to click on sim window to regain right-button control.

12 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

It works here. Does the central button work?

The latest version is 1.15.8 by the way. 

Yes I have 1.15.8, but the problem started with 1.15.7 and the left and middle button are working. So is the right button, only the camera doesn't move.

11 hours ago, jetlag said:

It is tricky but it works. Reset with CTL-SPACE if you have used an instrument view.  Also make sure the sim is in-focus: I found the hard way as I had been using map or pushback helper in a separate window. I had to click on sim window to regain right-button control.

I know the sim has to be in focus if you use any other window. Anyway, I will try a bit longer before uninstall everything and do a clean install again. Wish they make the camera settings less complicated.

i always wonder about these ppl that think a reinstall will help, its hardly ever needed.

39 minutes ago, wim123 said:

i always wonder about these ppl that think a reinstall will help, its hardly ever needed.

I always wonder why there always is something broken after an update. You are right, reinstalling is hardly ever needed. I never did it before, except once after the 1.1.5.7 update. I'm trying for days to get the "free look" working again. Reinstalling is not something I easily do, downloading 171GB takes a lot of time. But I keep trying for a while. As we dutch say "hoop doet leven".