Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

KB5001330 Windows 10

Heard some gamers are having a hard time with this update affecting performance, I have been having massive stutters and bad fps lately, this update was installed on April 13th (KB5001330) thinking of rolling back, anyone have opinions?

I explained on another post that indeed it could correspond to the moment when I lost in performance except that we can no longer uninstall it ...

• Like 1

Just now, Axis3600 said:

I explained on another post that indeed it could correspond to the moment when I lost in performance except that we can no longer uninstall it ...

oh sorry missed that, so you cant roll back this update, man that stinks

16 minutes ago, Axis3600 said:

Can you not roll back the update? :unsure:

Bert

You can but I forget how. I think this Update has caused trouble for me - it was a pain to get onboard anyway - kept looping and my frames have gone a little down since.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

14 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Can you not roll back the update?

No when I right click on the update, nothing happens while on others we can uninstall it ...
You have to wait for a windows correction ...

2 minutes ago, Axis3600 said:

No when I right click on the update, nothing happens while on others we can uninstall it ...
You have to wait for a windows correction ...

We posted at almost the same time... See my post just above yours for a link to instructions on removing this update.

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

Just ran through the instructions at the above link.  Do note that after it is uninstalled and you have rebooted your system, Windows Update "View update history" still shows that KB as installed, however clicking "Uninstall updates" shows that it is not there.

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

24 minutes ago, JimBrown said:

We posted at almost the same time... See my post just above yours for a link to instructions on removing this update.

Ok I have to try the 2nd option, the 1st doesn't work.

Thank You

Hm, after (auto-)installing this Windows Update MSFS crashed at Launch (while showing the Paris loading screen). Error log showed some stuff about wrong app id or something. Cold sweat!
I deinstalled MSFS and reinstalled it. The Official folder I kept, of course, I wouldn't want to wait hours for the download. I had luck. It works. 🙂 Now I'm testing LOWI to see if performance is still ok.

I cant uninstall it via windows or the troubleshooting menu..

UPS123.png

48 minutes ago, JimBrown said:

Thanks Jim - that worked.

I'm right in downtown Washington D.C. at the moment (so Frames are sketchy anyway) - having a beer on the White House lawn (some guys seem to be up on the roof looking at me in a funny way) but I'll be heading South in the morning and will be able to check if this was a rat-in-the-hold - which I suspect it was.

D.C. looks spectacular.

Ok, I took a short flight with the Corsair around LOWI. Stable and smooth 60fps in 2k. I don't think this update does harm MSFS in any way. My problems with not starting probably were unrelated.

• Like 1