Sign in to follow this  
stesma54

Drivers 64bit Saitek throttle quadrant and rudder pedals

Hi everyone,can somebody please give me the drivers for the throttle quadrant and rudder pedals 64bit Windows 10?

I tried both over Logitech and saitek but it was impossible for me to download anything.

At Logitech only 32bit and at Saitek nothing,their website is kind of buggy.

thanks in advance

best regards

steve

16 hours ago, SAPilot said:

Would using this driver allow me to calibrate my Logitec pedals correctly? Right now i always have to add right pedal to go straight. The Windows applet has no calibrate tab for the pedals, and neither does MSFS.

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

Before installing the logitech driver, it's possible to calibrate using the windows default driver which I've done many times in the game controller setup. The logitech one may not have the calibrate option from memory, where even the shift /control click option doesn't let it calibrate. It does let you modify deadzones, but not completely remove the centre one.

However; 

I had a couple of sets of these pedals. One set had a constant drift to the left like yours but the other was okay. I dismantled the drifting one thinking I could just re centre the pot, but the processor board in the pedals has a tiny pre programmed deadzone that can't be removed mechanically, and it auto calibrates each time it's plugged into the USB, introducing other issues if the pot is not centred per factory. I think either the processor or programming is sus in some of them.

Long story short, I couldn't fix it this way and replaced the processor with a $12 arduino leonardo board and mmjoy2 firmware. I also removed the centre detent pin and no centre programmed deadzone which improves the feel quite a bit.. Not sure if you are into modifying things, if not then hopefully you can find a solution without having to do this.

Edited by dogmanbird

59 minutes ago, Mikeingreen said:

Would using this driver allow me to calibrate my Logitec pedals correctly? Right now i always have to add right pedal to go straight. The Windows applet has no calibrate tab for the pedals, and neither does MSFS.

You say - "... right pedal to go straight .." - is that on take-off roll ?. If the case, it is normal - you need right rudder input to counter the torque effect on GA aircraft on take-off roll.

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

I just looked again to verify and there is no Calibrate option in the Windows Controller app. You can add some Deadzone so I will try that. 

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

1 minute ago, SAPilot said:

You say - "... right pedal to go straight .." - is that on take-off roll ?. If the case, it is normal - you need right rudder input to counter the torque effect on GA aircraft on take-off roll.

It is also on taxing to Parking, not just Takeoff and Landing

Hi Mike - did you try Shift+Ctrl while clicking on joystick device? It's the only way I could get into the calibrate option. It doesn't show as a button by default.

1 hour ago, dogmanbird said:

Hi Mike - did you try Shift+Ctrl while clicking on joystick device? It's the only way I could get into the calibrate option. It doesn't show as a button by default.

I tried that but doesn't work for me. Click on it in Game Controllers?

Yep in the Game Controller list. Also my g25 won't show the calibrate button without shift+cntrl 

Though it appears you're not alone with it not working, reading some other forums.

You could try this. 

https://www.xsimulator.net/community/marketplace/dxtweak2-change-calibration-and-deadzone-settings-of-a-directinput-game-controller.245/

Move your rudder to left and right extremes and check the values at each end. Calculate the half way and enter it as the centre value

or 

put the pedals to centre and use that value as your centre value. 

If you've got the same bug as mine, neither will help unfortunately

Edited by dogmanbird

...and this

type joy.cpl into windows search bar, and right click the result to run it as an admin. Apparently this revealed the properties tab to get to settings if it was missing, for some people. 

x1EG14Q.png

As a result of this thread and with thanks to the OP and responders, I learned a lot about Logitech rudder pedal drivers and calibration. More importantly for me while doing so, I discovered a fix for my constant drifting to the left while flying the JustFlight PA-28R and these pedals.

About the drivers and "calibration"
 - I found the driver for the pedals at the link in next line
 - https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360024153734--Getting-Started-Flight-Rudder-Pedals
 - It has links to a FAQ, downloads, and other related topics
 - The links provided all I needed to know and do related to the pedals, including "calibration"
 - The FAQ included links labeled: "Resolve controller calibration..." and "Recalibrate..."
 - Both "calibration" links indicated the need to use "Joy.cpl"
 - The "Properties" there for pedals show "Test/Deadzones"
 - The "Properties" for my X52 show "Test" and "Settings"
 - The "Settings" for the X52 show "Calibrate"
 - I concluded that "Test" can be used to see if components function or not
 - And that "calibrate" is not available via Logitech pedal drivers or Windows (Joy)
 - The FAQ included an explanation of the various levels where calibration issues may arise
 - The last of four levels explained is "Game level", thus my next step is to MSFS settings

About my issue and fix via MSFS
I get constant drifting to the left while flying the JF PA-28R Arrow, even with wind settings at zero, throttle/prop/mixture at reduced settings for cruise, no "Piloting Assistance", and no AP.

To try to resolve this, I adjusted MSFS Sensitivity settings for the pedals with "one-change-at-a-time" for each of the various categories to see the effect. The drifting was not affected until I reached and changed the "Neutral" category. After trying "-25%", the plane veered more sharply to the left. Tried it again using a positive value (25%). This time the plane meandered slowly to the right. Tried again at 24%. This time the plane stayed on course with no drifting. Tried a few more flights with same results. Thus a fix for me when flying the PA-28R.

Unfortunately, the same value with a default C172 caused it to veer sharply to the right. The change to "Neutral" obviously interfered with that plane. After changing "Neutral" back to "0", the C172 stayed on course, as did all my flying with other aircraft. Something is uniquely different about my system/MSFS/pedals/Arrow.

Fortunately with this change to "Neutral", it is now much more fun to fly my favorite airplane. I'll stick with the Arrow for most of flying, and reset the "Neutral" setting back to "'0" when appropriate. Hopefully when/if rudder pedal characteristics are changed in the JF PA-28R and/or MSFS, such a change to "Neutral" will not be necessary.

Hope this helps others having questions or issues with Logitech pedals and driver.

Edited by PastTimer
Minor changes to wording