Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

L-049 into KLAX

One of those 'start 10 miles out' approaches that didn't have the engines set up correctly so I barely made it.

At least having 4 engines gives you some options!😀

T45

(P3D v4.5)

aaa-1.jpg

aaa-2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

The good thing is you made. 😁  Nice shots. 

HP Omen Obelisk Gaming Computer, Intel Core i7-9700, Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 System Memory 4.7GHz 8 cores, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Graphics with 8GB GDDR6 memory, PSU 750 watts, 1TB hard drive, Samsung T7 2TB SSD, 512 GB SSD, WD 5TB HDD,  Logitech HOTAS X52 Pro Joystick, AOC 27" monitor,

You seem to be doing much better,...with those "Four Wright R-3350-DA3 Duplex-Cyclone 18 cylinder air-cooled radial piston engines",....than I could,...🙂...

Nice shots of TWA Connie, is it A2A or Freeware L-049?

[BTW, T45, I was fortunate to have had an exclusive (one-on-one) guided tour (of a TWA L-1049 Exhibit), given to me by a former TWA Connie Crew member..hence, my special interest in this aircraft...if you wish, please go to the "Airline History Museum" website, and check out the images of that TWA L-1049...That plane has featured in several movies too...]

15 minutes ago, P_7878 said:

You seem to be doing much better,...with those "Four Wright R-3350-DA3 Duplex-Cyclone 18 cylinder air-cooled radial piston engines",....than I could,...🙂...

Nice shots of TWA Connie, is it A2A or Freeware L-049?

[BTW, T45, I was fortunate to have had an exclusive (one-on-one) guided tour (of a TWA L-1049 Exhibit), given to me by a former TWA Connie Crew member..hence, my special interest in this aircraft...if you wish, please go to the "Airline History Museum" website, and check out the images of that TWA L-1049...That plane has featured in several movies too...]

It's the A2A. 

I found the engine management quite tricky on a subsequent conventional flight.

I think one would need to read the manual to figure out the interrelationships between the Manifold Pressure, Mixture & RPM, also the various cowl/ cooling settings, at each stage of the flight. Couldn't locate RPM levers to tune the RPM. There were some switches though. But time reading up is necessary, IMHO.

I think it is theirs, (A2A),  a DC-6?, that has a Co-Pilot that does all that stuff for you if you 'engage' their services. 😃

I imagine the L-049 would be a great guided tour.

T45

• Like 1

Great A2A plane to fly...! Yes, a bit of "advance" reading is a must...🙂...I have several A2A big props, with Accu-Sim, but not this one...

And, for DC-6, maybe you mean the PMDG DC-6, with their Artificial Flight Engineer (AFE) to help you through each phase of flight...🙂...?

L-049 was the first (and smallest) Constellation...the one, I've mentioned above, visited in the Kansas City Museum, being a L-1049H Super Constellation, was a much bigger variant, but, yes, all these are beautiful aircraft to visit, indeed...!

That's it, AFE, PMDG DC-6

Very helpful if you leave him alone to do his stuff while you enjoy the view.😀

T45

Remember watching those birds come into LAX from the old semi-abandoned neighborhood on the sand dunes west of the airport. The drop from the top of the sand dunes to the runway below makes for some dramatic photos.  Later we used to have roundabout races when all our tow trucks assembled in the wee morning hours. We would tie off our steering wheels, set the auto-throttle and jump in the back of the tow truck, drop off and onto our skateboards and let the truck circle on it's own on that one Sandpiper roundabout. We would have to jump on after about 15 circles as the truck would begin to either spin too loose or too tight, which would require a correction. What fun at LAX when everyone was sleeping below.