Sign in to follow this  
neilhewitt

Giving up on Ultimate Traffic Live

I use UT live along with AIGOCM and I love both of them.

19 hours ago, newtie said:

AIGAIM OCI

Thank you for that. I am now off to find the American Defence super computer to work out what the devil you are talking about.  I just LOVE acronyms.

By the way, the above translate to TYFT IANOTFTADSCTWOWTDYATA IJLA

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

7 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Thank you for that. I am now off to find the American Defence super computer to work out what the devil you are talking about.  I just LOVE acronyms.

By the way, the above translate to TYFT IANOTFTADSCTWOWTDYATA IJLA

Tony

Alpha India Group Alpha India Manager One Click Installer. 😉

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

SINCERE thanks for that information mate. 

I only fly in Australia and I use the ORBX OZ/NZ traffic. To my knowledge, it has never been updated, but it is adequate for me. It populates my airports with largely relevant aircraft and traffic in the air.

Hence my ignorance regarding the India Alpha Group.

Thanks again mate

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Tony,

You really should try AIG. The aircraft are modelled to a very high standard so much so that when I park my PMDG737-800 at Heathrow amongst other Speedbirds you struggle to tell them apart.

You don’t need to install all 1,000+ airlines 😁 but even the Australian carriers would give you a glimpse of the quality and variety. Seeing both Qantas and Air New Zealand A380s at Heathrow makes it very special.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

53 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

I only fly in Australia and I use the ORBX OZ/NZ traffic

Still, no harm in getting AIG AIM airlines up & running.

While good for its time, the old Orbx Aus/NZ airline traffic package isn't at the same standard as the AIG stuff.
You'll have more up-to-date schedules and aircraft (such as the A350) showing up if you download some Asian airlines, as well as the Australian and Kiwi ones that you are bound to download.
There are even corporate jet schedules that you can add.

If you weren't already aware, you can deselect the airlines, but retain the GA element of the package in the 'configure' part of the AI Traffic Aus/NZ package in Orbx Central.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Alpha India Group Alpha India Manager One Click Installer. 😉

Yes, thank you for that..:biggrin:

I have had zero success with the AIG stuff - I gave it a good try but couldn't get any sense out of it.  Now back to UT Live v1 after ongoing frustration with v2.  Also use the Orbx ai when on P3D v4.5.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

AIG for P3D is an installation challenge (PiTA imo),

Traffic Global just simply works & with Super Traffic Board,

also there is no AIG for XP11+, & i also just use Traffic Global XP,

so many of us are mostly using MFS these days,

what will be the super simple MFS traffic solution?

I'm no spring chicken but I managed to install AIG easily enough. Maybe the tutorial linked here will help. If users need questions answering the AIG forum is very helpful.

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=30325.0

Yes, it's more complicated than just clicking setup.exe for other Ai packages but the rewards are considerable. The quality of the models are excellent, the timetables are updated regularly (pandemic has obviously affected this) and you can install as many airlines as you want. Just Delta or British Airways if you want. More can be added in slow time.

To view the timetable of any airline, airport or even find flights for a specific aircraft use Ai Companion. I used to use SuperTrafficBoard but this is so much more powerful. Free and runs on a network.

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=29651.0

• Upvote 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, craigeaglefire said:

Traffic Global just simply works & with Super Traffic Board,

great simple AI Traffic results for me - & absolutely 1-click install with no drama!

Edited by craigeaglefire

15 minutes ago, craigeaglefire said:

great simple AI Traffic results for me - & absolutely 1-click install with no drama!

There's no drama with AIG. But if you're happy with second-best then that's fine. :wink:

Interesting you quoted your own post.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

33 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

There's no drama with AIG.

AIG is simply not 1-click (& you have to sign up with other websites),

AIG also does not work with XP11+

we'll see what AIG does for MFS - waiting.............

19 minutes ago, craigeaglefire said:

AIG is simply not 1-click (& you have to sign up with other websites),

AIG also does not work with XP11+

we'll see what AIG does for MFS - waiting.............

Signing up is a one-off action. The info is saved.

Agreed it doesn’t work with XP but this is the P3D forum.

They're working on that. And given it’s a free package they are to be applauded for all their work.

• Upvote 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Signing up is a one-off action. The info is saved.

Agreed it doesn’t work with XP but this is the P3D forum.

They're working on that. And given it’s a free package they are to be applauded for all their work.

Indeed.
I recall that Craigeaglefire has 'prior form' when it comes to discussing AIG's AI traffic solutions here and elsewhere. That he isn't a fan of the program is fair enough. However, the conversation will go round and round in circles regarding AIG's programs nomenclature.

AIG's AI traffic is great, IMO.
It isn't as simple a setup as people may initially expect. But once everything is done correctly, the adding and removal of traffic packages (models, repaints and schedules) is a breath of fresh air compared to the freeware solutions of the past.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter