Sign in to follow this  
neilhewitt

Giving up on Ultimate Traffic Live

AIG can be a little intimidating when you first look at it.  But if you sit back and maybe dedicate a weekend to getting it up and running, from there it'll be EASY sailing and well worth it.

I don't understand that drama that you have just to take a little more personal effort when installing AIG. As reward you get an AI traffic that is WAY above anything you have to pay for!

I've used UTL for years and spent many hours to get better schedules, paints and models into it. Now i use AIG and i look back with a smirk what it is saving me many hours i don't have to spend anymore.

• Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

28 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

I've used UTL for years and spent many hours to get better schedules, paints and models into it. Now i use AIG and i look back with a smirk what it is saving me many hours i don't have to spend anymore.

Espically when you see Virgin 747s at Gatwick, Flybe taxiing around Exeter, and Willy Walsh walking outside Waterside.....

14ppkc-6.png

it is interesting that Traffic Global is reported to be Just Flight’s best selling P3D product,

& I get why you guys like AIG - for me a sub-standard install system,

& TG works great for me - set it up in a couple of minutes,

& more time to enjoy all the sims - mainly MFS at this moment & DCS is also calling...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, brucewtb said:

I have had zero success with the AIG stuff - I gave it a good try but couldn't get any sense out of it.  Now back to UT Live v1 after ongoing frustration with v2.  Also use the Orbx ai when on P3D v4.5.

Bruceb

Hi Bruce,

do you had any additional models integrated in v2? (fspxai,faib...)  is there a way to transfer the repaints.xml from v2 back to v1? (i did a complete overhaul of my ai-library when installing v2. now i am very annoyed of v2 and the joke is on me...

thx in advance 🙂

Andreas.

Edited by cirrus_aeroplanogenitus

3 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Especially when you see Virgin 747s at Gatwick, Flybe taxiing around Exeter, and Willy Walsh walking outside Waterside.....

Virgin 747s @ Gatwick? - CHECK

Flybe @ Exeter? - CHECK

Willy is definitely nowhere in sight in my simulators

:smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

4 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Espically when you see Virgin 747s at Gatwick, Flybe taxiing around Exeter, and Willy Walsh walking outside Waterside.....

The user has the option of removing defunct airlines if they wish. I originally removed Flybe but then reinstated it as EGCC was looking a little quiet. I oped to ignore Virgin updates as they would disappear from EGCC.

I imagine with UTLive you're still seeing Thomas Cook and Monarch with no option to easily remove them should you wish to. Curious comments from someone living on the other side of the world.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

it is interesting that Traffic Global is reported to be Just Flight’s best selling P3D product,

& I get why you guys like AIG - for me a sub-standard install system,

& TG works great for me - set it up in a couple of minutes,

& more time to enjoy all the sims - mainly MFS at this moment & DCS is also calling...

I'm interested in Traffic Global based on what you are saying.  I've read some pretty negative reviews of it also.  I see it's available for p3dv5 and want to know if you're using if for that version.  I'm currently using UTLive and it works well for me; however, I'm looking for a traffic program that doesn't affect performance, is easy to set up and provides realism.

Would you say that Traffic Global would pass that test?

5 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Virgin 747s at Gatwick

Now that you say that, the flightplans for Virgin have been affected by COVID: the ones available in AIG for OCI are Summer 2020, barely 2 FPs. Does anybody know of a way to install older flightplans via OCI?

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

1 hour ago, spilok said:

however, I'm looking for a traffic program that doesn't affect performance

There is none. ANY AI traffic will affect performance.

If you use stock UTL you have slightly better performance because of lower traffic level and low res models/repaints.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The user has the option of removing defunct airlines if they wish. I originally removed Flybe but then reinstated it as EGCC was looking a little quiet. I oped to ignore Virgin updates as they would disappear from EGCC.

I imagine with UTLive you're still seeing Thomas Cook and Monarch with no option to easily remove them should you wish to. Curious comments from someone living on the other side of the world.

you never know you might have to be reactivting flybe by the end of the summer if they get up and running 

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Now that you say that, the flightplans for Virgin have been affected by COVID: the ones available in AIG for OCI are Summer 2020, barely 2 FPs. Does anybody know of a way to install older flightplans via OCI?

I’ll check which Virgin BGL I have tomorrow. I haven’t updated it for ages. If it’s an older one I can send it to your email address.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sorry to butt in , just want to say thanks to Ray for convincing me to give AIG a try , I have and thanks Ray , sorry again for the rude interjection , rgds 

• Like 1

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

I've successfully got AIG up and running, too. I'll be slightly critical and say that the UI looks and feels like it was designed by a programmer, and as a programmer myself I know exactly what I mean when I say that 🙂. But once you get the hang of it, it's fine. Hopefully more and more of the flightplans will migrate to AIGFP from BGL so that I can eventually turn off BGL traffic altogether and get all the AI flying routes. 

I downloaded all the AIG flightplans that I could via OCI (freeware aircraft only) and that's plenty so far. I might look at the data from other providers later. TBH I don't care about accurate schedules, and I didn't really care about still seeing FlyBe or Thomas Cook in UTLive 1. I did care about not having traffic at newly-opened airports like EDDB. Now I've got some. I just want some other aircraft around on the ground and in the air, and to hear them interact with ATC once in a while. 

The one wrinkle in my setup is the multi-channel aspect (I have host and client sim machines). I am exporting the AIG traffic from the host to the client via Widetraffic as I did with UTLive. I copied all of the AIG FP and model data from the host to the client so I have everything on both, and I have all BGL traffic turned off on the client machine and AITC is not active. Widetraffic picks up the right models and it all works OK, but I wondered: if I had the exact same FPs and traffic settings etc on both machines, and they were clock-synced to the second via Wideview, and I ran BGL and AIGFP traffic on both machines, would the AI traffic always be in the exact same place at the exact same time on both machines? Or are there any random variables involved? Because that would let me avoid Widetraffic (which would be beneficial for performance and smoothness). But the AI could not be even a tiny bit out of sync between machines, or else it would be very very obvious. It wouldn't work with UTLive because they add random delays to traffic to simulate real-world delays due to weather etc, which is why I use Widetraffic in the first place. Would be interested in your opinion, @Kaiii3.

So yeah... Add me to the list of AIG converts!

Edited by neilhewitt
  • Like 1

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

Hey, welcome to the AIG world 😉

Regarding Widetraffic etc I can not help since I do not have it, but I guess some other users use it. They can give you the best answer here.

One thing I can tell you: Having the same setup of AI will always end in different results in the Sim.

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png