Sign in to follow this  
noels7

MSFS 2020 Traffic problem using PSXT_MSFS

I admit I am a complete novice using PSXT_MSFS and have read all documents in relation to it's operation

especially PSXT_MSFS.pdf. After many hours everything seems to work correctly except with the instructions contained at No, 4

of PSXT_MSFS.pdf adhered to I see no aircraft (except mine) at Gatwick, KJFK and KSFO for example.

Revert to default options in MSFS and aircraft appear at the mentioned airports in significant numbers.

Is anyone able to assist. It would be appreciated.

noels7

Noel Southam

2 hours ago, noels7 said:

No, 4 of PSXT_MSFS.pdf adhered to I see no aircraft (except mine) at Gatwick, KJFK and KSFO for example.

First: you have to set the options as described in 4.

Second: What do you mean with "see"? Looking around from your cockpit?  Note that in the beginning there will be no static aircrfat parked because PSXT_MSFS has not yet learned from live traffic who parkas where when...

You can see if PSXT_MSFS has injected live traffic in the GUI under Live: x, and/or by foillowing step 6 of PSXT_MSFS.pdf

As I said I followed the instructions in PSXT_MSFS precisely. That is where the options remain since our original correspondence.

"see"   the instructions stated looking around outside your aircraft and that is exactly what I have been doing continually.

I have no doubt and continually see live traffic injected. Currently I am at KJFK and am seeing live=33..

After sitting at KJFK and shifting gates for the last hour I see one aircraft (Jet BLUE ) on the grass in no man's land and 1 aircraft

has just landed , screwed off the runway, sliced through the building in front of me and killed me and my passengers.

I appreciate that the program needs time to learn. That was why I picked a large, busy airport like KJFK.

My question is this: how long should I run MSFS, sitting at the gate to allow PSXT_MSFS to learn.  1, 2, 8 hours etc?

Again , many thanks for your considerable assistance.

noels7

Noel Southam

Make sure Learn is on and Real is off, parking percentage 35.

Then 4 hours will do at KJFK to start with... If you want to play as in  real live you need all 24 hours of the day.

However, you better exit MSFS and let Learner.exe run together with a data provider minimized for say 8 yours covering at least the busy hours, while you do something else.

I also recommend RealTraffic as data provider, then you can shift time and date. You will also see less aircraft doing strange moves , although that can always happen as indicated in the Disclaimer section of the Manual.

You will learn by doing 😉

Edit: BTW KDEN is a good place to learn, lots of traffic and --important- lots of live aircraft ending or starting at a gate.

Edited by kiek

Well I bought Live Weather for 1 month to see how it goes. Haven't been killed by rabid aircraft as yet.

I have selected KDEN with Learner running for 480 mins , MSFS not running and Live Weather minimised. After that KJFK for 8 hours.

Surely I won't have to do this procedure at every airport like YSSY, YPAD,YMML,EGKK,LIRF that I like to use on occasions?

noels7

Noel Southam

51 minutes ago, noels7 said:

Well I bought Live Weather for 1 month to see how it goes. Haven't been killed by rabid aircraft as yet.

I have selected KDEN with Learner running for 480 mins , MSFS not running and Live Weather minimised. After that KJFK for 8 hours.

Surely I won't have to do this procedure at every airport like YSSY, YPAD,YMML,EGKK,LIRF that I like to use on occasions?

noels7

"Live Weather"? I think you meant RealTraffic

Just FYI (and others) :

If you select one airport in Learner it will run until you exit. The duration is only used if you enter more then 1 airport code or *

So if you enter KDEN,KJFK and 480 mins, it will switch to KJFK after 480 minutes, and exit another 480 minutes later.

If you enter KDEN only you have to watch the time and exit Learner to make a new entry.

The bad news is yes you have to do that for every airport you would like to fly to. The good news is that, when covid19 is over, there is much more traffic and learning will go much faster.

Unless you can share your airports with others of course. For P3D I have a couple of airports at my site, but of course somebody else in this community may of course set up a site for MSFS too... 

Okay  done as you suggested. Exited MSFS, and PSXT_MSFS. Started LEARNER and minimised Real Traffic.

Entered KDEN, KJFK 480mins and have both greens. After a few minutes no data received from Real Traffic (yellow band).

Problem as it has no data received for 5 minutes?

Noel Southam

57 minutes ago, noels7 said:

Problem as it has no data received for 5 minutes?

No technical problems, there is simply no traffic .. Just let it go.

Don't know where you live, but take  the local clock (of the airports you want to record) into account. To begin with you should not start with the night hours.

Edited by kiek

Glick concerning no data from Real Traffic seems to resolved itself. 

Australia. 

Edited by noels7

Noel Southam

3 hours ago, noels7 said:

Glick concerning no data from Real Traffic seems to resolved itself.  

Of course mate 😉

BTW: Real Traffic is from Balthasar in Sydney, so if you have problems with RealTraffic you are much closer by then I am.

Edited by kiek